9 Replies Latest reply: May 13, 2012 12:47 PM by DaRyuujin RSS

Hardcore rushers... question....

electricfuneralfire

So I consider myself a hardcore rusher, which there is no doubt I am. I play mostly SnD and I dont care if im the last one left 1 v 6 I am sprinting with Extreme Cond to get the bomb and plant or sprinting between bomb sights trying to catch someone planting. The thing is when I first start out i always do really good because my focus is at its sharpest and then it dwindles off. When it dwindles off of course I dont do quit as good. Not that I dont have good games now and then just no where near like when I first start. Sometimes I can stay focused longer than others. So my question is do other rushers experience this problem? And to any campers or other play styles do you experience this as well?

• Re: Hardcore rushers... question....

I'm a hardcore rusher, but in MW2. Marathon lightweight ninja or scrambler pro. MW3 rushing isn't the same, but I know exactly what you mean.It's a very odd question to ask, but it happens to me too. You start out rushing turning on people and drop shotting, but then you loose concentration. I'd say it's more of the motivation, if I could give you advice, i'd say play music that really pumps you up, then your mind gets pumped up making you rush harder and better again. Works for myself.

blb128

I rush alot too and have the same issue. It usually happens to me if I play longer than 4 hours. I lose my focus and concentration. That is when it is time for me to log off for the night.

ill-lll

Rush often but get the same burnout. When it kicks in, I'll switch over to a sniper with quickdraw and pistol secondary. Encourages faster gameplay but you have to play a bit more cautiously. Helps slow things down without losing interest then can go back to rushing after a match or two feeling refreshed.

atiredoldguy

I have the same issue regardless of rushing, camping or anything in between.

I can go on a really good killstreak and the instant I die it turns opposite and I wont be able to do anything.

The spawns will trip me up a bit , but the rest just seems to be me, and maybe some bad luck. People have meantioned sniperfrog , and I'm not totally aginst the theory. But it doesnt make sense that it would target me over one nice streak, but let other players to get streak after streak the whole match.

I have also noticed that when I hit certain goals with weapons, particularly kills, that suddenly I just cant do anything right until I switch weapons. I have a goal to get 1000 kills with all primaries before I prestige, and usually when I get close to level 31 it all goes to hell, and those last 50 or 100 kills to top off the 1000 take forever.

KTPhoenix

i dont like rushers. i like playing S&D and this is one group i can do without. most of them have a stupid mentality. all the time we hear a guy always complaining that we are camping our spawn.....really? the match just started and you are in our spawn when we are just getting out of it and you are saying we are camping? how does that make sense? its not our fault you have an extreme conditioning class on a very small map. besides, the minute i find out you are a rusher, i WILL camp my spawn just to piss you off. i know you are coming for us so why should i go anywhere? you are just hurting yourself at that point.

the other reason is because when i play against rushers, i dont feel as though i play the way i want to. i want to play the way i want to play, but that is hard when you have people that are basically killing you before you have a chance to figure out where you want to go. i want to take some time to think first. that is how i am whether in game or real life, i like to think before i act. but these people dont let you do that because at first you have to wait for them to rush you, kill them, and THEN figure out the rest of the match. i dont like that.

but that is just my opinion.

electricfuneralfire

Phoenix that pretty much works both ways lol. And thats the goal of a rusher to kill, to kill you before you have a chance to think. Ive killed many people at the beginning of a match and heard them say things like"how the heck did that dude get there that quick"?

And Phoenix your the type of player (i'll use Mission for example) who camps the spawn on plant side and I rush clear over to your spawn and see no one, when I get there I know I shouldnt go the tad bit further to pursue you into your spawn but I just cant help myself. Then I get shot from every direction lol.

atiredoldguy

KTPhoenix wrote: the match just started and you are in our spawn when we are just getting out of it and you are saying we are camping? how does that make sense?

Part of that is the spawn process too. I always thought the point of the countdown timer was to sync everyone to spawn at the same time at least at the beginning.

But one day I was waiting to spawn at the start of a match in ffa and noticed I could see an enemy.  Well, I can get the jump on him, I thought, since he was facing the other way. Then the guy turns and starts to run toward me. Crap! I thought, I was watching the guy and overlooked the timer........... I tried to fire at him , then realized I hadnt overlooked the timer ( well I guess I had ) it was still on 2................

So, basically, the guy had to spawn at least 3 seconds before me, maybe even 4. Thats plenty of time to get from one spawn to the next on most of the smaller maps.

electricfuneralfire

The only time spawn campers make me mad is when they dont get my flank. Example (ill use mission again), on plant side if I have 2 or 3 dudes on my squad camp spawn I expect them to have my back when I rush up to the closest bomb. What I mean is no one should be able to take one of the long ways to our spawn then run back into the middle from our spawn and kill me from behind. Obviously once I clear out the middle and then I get killed from behind there is only one way someone could have came from.

This really doesnt just apply to spawn campers but snipers in general, or people who look down those long sight lines. For another example of what I mean i will use Seatown. Theres always people who go up on that cat walk on plant side and look out those 3 windows down to where that truck is. So when I rush down and into that door into the first floor of the 2 story building, I expect those guys to pick off anyone who try to come in there almost right behind me. I know mistakes happen, but things like this happen way to much. When something like this happens, I will immediately flip through evryones screen to see where they're at and I will usually always see 2 dudes that are looking right down there, where they seen (or should have seen) the dude who killed me coming from a mile away.

And of course some maps it isnt possbile for my teams spawn campers to have my back and I realize this and am fully aware of the dangers lol.

DaRyuujin

I rush alot too and I run into the same problem, but what I started to realize is that when your beasting on them as a rush alot of times they will learn where you are rushing froma nd be prepared for your roiutes (espec if they are campoiung) so when I start getting jacked up I will andonmly switch up my routes and maybe not even go to the same area I've been getting kills because then they wont bve expecting me