27 Replies Latest reply: May 17, 2012 4:15 PM by Cable99 RSS

STOP GIVING US BAD GUNS

zombies4lyfe

The community is the reason for this. Now for all who read this, do not get angry at me,if you have complained about a weapon on call of duty, you know who you are. The reason COD4 was "such an amazing game" was because of the "good" guns and other "good" guns. We all know the ak47,m16,m4,m40,ak74 and many other guns from call of duty 4 were "good" not over powered at the time simply because they had other guns that were "good". Look at what happened to the wonderfull m16 from call of duty 4 into mw3, they completely ruined it. The shot guns in mw3 were by far the worst peices of garbage i ever used. On a bigger map, which was most of them, these shot guns had no chance what so ever. The fact that i even needed to put damage on them was just stupid. The reason i didnt use the aa12 was because it was under powered in mw2, compared to real life, now i know call of duty isnt meant to be realistic but dont make a shot gun not work from 7 feet. so i figured oh if i thought it was bad then, mw3's version must be worse, and of course it was. I was happy to see the models return, to only find out that they sucked,and the spas 12 was nerfed to hell. I have a gameplay video of it getting 5 hit markers, 5? really? I know this is a long "rant" discussion but, we dont want nerfed guns, we want a variety of "good" guns so that 1 gun does not get the title "over powered"

for those who read this, trully think about it and give me your honest thoughts, i know this game has evolved from feed back in many ways. some good and some bad. thanks

• Re: STOP GIVING US BAD GUNS

not sure why you posted this in the Black Ops forum. I think the lesson here is dont use CQC weapons on large maps, and play hardcore.

As long as they have a variety (auto, burst, semi-auto, bolt action, lever action) and make sure that ALL of the guns have recoil (no one wants the no-recoil **** from mw3, aka ACR and MP7). if they do both of those. I'm not realy fussed about what they do

nicedrewishfela

I'm really not sure what you are getting at. Did you have some ideas for what you want to see? This post just confused me, really. I think we'd all like to see balanced weapons.

aodhan567

if you wnat good guns then use ACR... Lol ^

zombies4lyfe

I posted on here because by the time blops 2 comes out maybe it will have a decent amount of views/replys. I also posted it in this forum so that maybe black ops 2 can be a better game, with out the guns you know we wont use. There is always a list of guns from every call of duty, and i guarantee there are going to be several guns in this game that we wont use. I enjoy trying out every gun, but if the gun is bad i never touch it again.

gallp13

OP this is incoherent inarticulate babble....I think you are trying to say.....give me some guns that I like.

If so list examples and their characteristics briefly and too the point.

none of the guns are bad causwe diffrent peolpe are better with difrent guns for example i get almost no kills with sub and light machine guns and asult rilfles but give me a pistol and i get to atleast 15 killstreak every time

i think he went on the wrong website or thought it was mw4 LOL

Lt.Llama

There is no bad guns, You just have to learn how to use them. I LOVED the MAC 11 in Black Ops 1 (one of the 'crap' guns). And I also like KSG 12 shotgun in MW3 which is also pointed out as being crap. Learn how to use them!

anoreo

MW2 for the most part had good weapon balance. Great hit detection too. Sure, the guns were on the easier side, but that means therre weren't really any UP weapons, maybe the Uzi though. Sure shotguns shoulda been primary. I felt that MW2 nailed shotguns. SPAS was a beast, I felt cool using models, rangers are great up close and personal guns, aa12 is a full auto lead dealer, striker was the same as mw3(although rightfully outclassed by spas) and the m10 is a nice hybrid. Best of all, they didnt need a damage boost nor were they forced to have steady aim.

dtuchpunk

There are no bad guns just people that can handle them.

zombies4lyfe

i would like to see any of you use the mp-9 and get a good kill streak, what i trully meant was i want a list of balance weapons, with their own pros and cons, the m16 from mw3 is a terrible gun, i know how to use every cod gun. I will make a list of guns that are good, m16 from cod 4 or mw2, scar from mw2-mw3 acr from mw2-mw3, mk14,FAL,m14 these are a small list of good guns. I want the people who make cod, give us guns that every 1 uses, so that i dont see just mp7 or just the acr, or type 95.

weird-guy

There'll always be a few guns that most people don't like, it's just the way it is.

READ THis if you think you should be able to make your own gun.                                                                                                                                                                             i agree, we need better guns for blk ops. mw2 and mw3  have the best guns i think.  and i also think there should be something so that for multiplayer u can make ur own weapon and for zombies you should be able to make ur own map . and not just be able to make ur own map on pc.   i know that making ur own map is totally off topic but i want to get it out

Hardly anyone use's the M-16 in Mw2 and Mw3. In Mw2 it was outclassed by the no-recoil Famas, and in Mw3 its outclassed by the Type 95's damage.

Response is to the OP, not Sub-zero. my computer is retarded.

Cable99

yates435 wrote:

Hardly anyone use's the M-16 in Mw2 and Mw3. In Mw2 it was outclassed by the no-recoil Famas, and in Mw3 its outclassed by the Type 95's damage.

Response is to the OP, not Sub-zero. my computer is retarded.

I use the M16 in MW3. I'll be your huckleberry.

make your own gun in cod wor pretty much any game series wouldent work, there would always be some loophole where you can have your gun fire fast have good damage and low recoil thus having an overpowerd gun. the idea of it is cool but i know for a fact that it wouldent be done right unless if they actually put some effort into it. and trey being on a 2 year schedual to make a cod game all the time it would be hard to implement somthing like this and to make it work perfectly so that its balanced. And i guess when you say "make" your own gun your also talking about appearance as well? again that would be extremly hard to implemant while keeping it fun and easy for everyone. in conclusion have more guns lol im sure everyone will find one that suits them.

Some confirmed weapons in BO2

http://youtu.be/yukIxYz2Dc4

In the hands of a decent player, any "bad" gun can still be as good as the others; learning to use guns always used to be what CoD MP was about, then IW made them all easy.

IMO only the default guns should be semi usable from the start, the rest should have to be learned. I remember WaW; best game IMO, because many of the guns were unusable unless to used them for extended periods (M1 Garand anyone?)

CoD guns these days are too easy to use for the most part; hence why we have "bad guns" popping up; it's not that they are bad, they just need a bit of skill to use them is all.