1 2 3 Previous Next 60 Replies Latest reply: Jul 7, 2012 1:49 PM by ChestSplittah RSS

Well it is the time to Focus on what is Important...

esmorgue

For all those that NEVERRRRR were worried about how well the game will play upon it's release, or how the matchmaking will be done, all the things that should be of TOP PRIORITY.

I remember only a few of the Veterans and some new guys were even focused on how making sure that the we tried to get the Developer's attention about what was most important for online gameplay. MATCHMAKING QUALITY BEING GOOD.....

Yet we had the same usual child minded, not a care in the world... That were ready to be "hoodwinked" with eyecandy, and little 'TOKENS' and whether or not theyshould get Premium Elite.....that just had to be focused on the most redundant things and just had to spam this forum with the perception of...... "No, we will worry about....

Customizable playercards..

Being able to Hopescope..

Being able to have that all new game changing Theater Mode...

OMA being gone..

DC being gone..

SP being gone..

The AK-74u being in this game..

Youtube not being able to link...

Videos not rendering...

Survival not being as uber cool as Zombies..

Noobtubes being taken out...

Something being Overpowered..

MW2 sucking and Black Ops being better...

I will be adding to this list, well....because now begins the period of how bad this game ran/functioned/performed/matchmaked/lagged etc..etc...

I truly feel sad for you little tykes..well because you know no better. Maybe you will learn now that the important things about online gameplay isn't how well it will look, or how many guns they will have or, if you will be able to make obscene pictures or not, or if you will be able to paint your gun, or if you will be able to play that awesome map from way back yonder.

It is all about who you are MATCHED up against..

Are you going to be MATCHED against players nearest to you..

So while you continue doing as usual.. I will be doing my best to achieve the important things once again, like every year with some other Veteran and Newer Forumites..

• 1. Re: Well it is the time to Focus on what is Important...

Great post here. This will be the first CoD I dont preorder. I felt so jipped with getting the MW3 hardened edition, and before I buy Blops 2.0 I want to make sure that most of the things that are important, Matchmaking and Lag Comp, are up to snuff. Another important topic to me is gun balance, which MW3 again failed miserably at, and Im hoping that the dev team at 3arc has taken notice of all the complaints about balance in MW3 and tried hard to make guns that excel in their respective class limitations... And map design also, but judging from their past maps, I think 3arc will deliver in this regard.

• 2. Re: Well it is the time to Focus on what is Important...
    esmorgue

Thank You. It is a Call to Arms so to speak.

I know there is much to speculate and wonder about. Yet how can we not wonder MOAR how well the game will. play, function, matchmake.

• 3. Re: Well it is the time to Focus on what is Important...
    ghamorra

It's these morons you speak of that CoD cares about. It's those morons that push for more bells and whistles. It's those morons that CoD spends money one while leaving behind those who actually played the game before it became as big as it is now. I feel like CoD dumped me with MW3. All I want is a functional relationship with Black Ops. I'm tired of being used, I'M NOT SOMEONE YOU CAN JUST USE AND ABUSE THEN THROW ME ASIDE LIKE I DON'T HAVE FEELINGS

• 4. Re: Well it is the time to Focus on what is Important...
    esmorgue

As do most of us that have been around since CoD4. We know the games can function better. yet the "fish" can easily be baited into the shiny things to keep them off track of focusing on performance issues.

• 5. Re: Well it is the time to Focus on what is Important...
    esmorgue

As I continue to see pointless feature post/threads. That can only in turn, further induce more lag/out of sync issues, produce more complaining about matchmaking... I ask... What will you be complaining about when the game gets here? How Kathy the game is? Or " me has the awesome internets SPEED, how can I be lagging so bad"?

• 6. Re: Well it is the time to Focus on what is Important...

But I like the AK-74u D:!

Edit: Dedicated Servers = problem solved.

• 7. Re: Well it is the time to Focus on what is Important...
    esmorgue

Dedis aren't and never will be. BF3

• 8. Re: Well it is the time to Focus on what is Important...
    sennalike

I made a promise to myself after the Black Ops experience, I would never buy another Treyarch game, until I had confirmed that opening day issues had been resolved.  I am standing by that and will not buy BO2 until I know it works and works well.  I can't be doing with a six month wait before getting any pleasure out of it, so I will stick with other games until I have the confirmation.

Matchmaking is key for me.  A lot of the issues around lag, hit detection etc will be significantly reduced if you get the matchmaking right.  Both BO and MW3 didn't get it right for me.  Don't concentrate too much on the bells and whistles, in fact many of them I can personally do without altogether, but please get the basics sorted first.  It's not much fun owning a Ferrari or Porsche if you don't bother putting wheels on them.

• 9. Re: Well it is the time to Focus on what is Important...
    esmorgue

sennalike wrote:

I made a promise to myself after the Black Ops experience, I would never buy another Treyarch game, until I had confirmed that opening day issues had been resolved.  I am standing by that and will not buy BO2 until I know it works and works well.  I can't be doing with a six month wait before getting any pleasure out of it, so I will stick with other games until I have the confirmation.

Matchmaking is key for me.  A lot of the issues around lag, hit detection etc will be significantly reduced if you get the matchmaking right.  Both BO and MW3 didn't get it right for me.  Don't concentrate too much on the bells and whistles, in fact many of them I can personally do without altogether, but please get the basics sorted first.  It's not much fun owning a Ferrari or Porsche if you don't bother putting wheels on them.

Indeed. I care not for all the additives they add to the game if I shoot a nice, new gun added at someone and they dont register damage because either, the host is crap, person being shot lives so far away, that his upload to host doesnt register bullets properly.

1 2 3 Previous Next