12 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2012 6:58 PM by PoisonPawn RSS

Don't destroy the competition!

Hi Guys and CoD Lovers.

Since Call of Duty 4 cod never reached such a high fame and popularity

Why? Because the new Call of Duty games are only for consoles!!!

We of the Electronic Sports League want to play a competitive game. We want to proof us as good and 'high'-skilled players in the Call of duty community.

Naturally we can't play with the normal version of call of duty mw3, so we needed to.. change a little bit. We wanted to have a mod tool, to make mods like in COD 4 and COD 7: Black Ops, (promodlive v2.11 or xkmod11) But we didn't get it. So we said: "OK, Let us try something different" And we started with the Promod Plugin, with it, the game became more and more competitive! We could make ladders, 5on5 3on3 and so on. Cups, and more of these thing were played.

Now with the new update cod8:mw3 is going to die again. There are barriers, the programmeers of the promod plugin can't do anything against these. So the competition is destroyed again.

Please to all people out there SUPPORT US! We want to play a game that is at least as popular as Counter Strike! We want to make LANS with high Prices. We want an awesome first-person-shooter in a competitive way.

All you have to do is say every call of duty player that you know, to spread out this message.. Also to the xbox or ps3 community! We want to play!

Many Thanks to all supporters!!

fuN - Tom - A Member of the Austrian National Team of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3(Going to play the Country Chiampionship in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3)

• Re: Don't destroy the competition!

tbh,they are not going to fix anything just because PC section is not selling a lot...

I am a MW3 competitive player but in the last weeks comp mw3 completely destroyed..and this update was the final hit.If this game had any change to succeed it is now with the Country Championship in ESL and with the further LAN events in summer.But the real question is why they added a security to the clients...The answer is obvious,more and more players started playing in Dedicated Servers which is a hell of experience without pub **** and lag and players wouldn't buy the DLC and IW would lose more money...So they thought what is good for the company and decided for it.

But if they gave a **** about PC community they should release mod tools or at least to announce them..But only money and money until they have no ideas about a future cod and stop making it...

For my point of view BO was the last PC CoD of the series mw2 and mw3 destroyed its reputation on PC completely and they turned the game into a console FPS

GG Activision,IW and other ppl you destroyed us completely

BUMP!

Mw3 is a lot fun for me on pc,I dont get it why people complain about it.And dlc2 looks amazing,especially face of,what do you want ? Everything they make is wrong,I'm sorry but it isnt.Time has eaten cod4,I played it earlier this month,it's a huge mess with maximum 64 players on map,and it's not enyojable,no skill,nothing.MW3 has good maps,like outpost,arcaden,hardhat,dome,and new dlc came like rain on desert,I bought it within seconds since it came out.So people stop complain about the game,problem is in you,let's make something worth it ,like sending online petiton directly to infinity,something like that,any new ideas are welcome.

+1

@epicwarfare: you dont know what a promod is.

The Promod is the only way to decent the game to play in a league.

scuse my ignorance, but are the maps unbalanced? Are there stats that show that a certain initial spawn has more success? I must admit I have preferences of opening spawns on certain maps, but it doesn't keep us from winning.

cheaterssuk wrote:

scuse my ignorance, but are the maps unbalanced? Are there stats that show that a certain initial spawn has more success? I must admit I have preferences of opening spawns on certain maps, but it doesn't keep us from winning.

I was going to try to write a huge explanation of the difference between competitive, and arcade game play; but it would take to much effort (and frankly I've lost interest in this game; because of the lack of competitive ability) but if MW2, and 3 are your only frame of reference, you would have a hard time understand what's missing,

There is "game play" with all the bells and whistles: and that can be fun, and even "seem" competitive. (sort of like playing smeer the queer, in the school yard; yes it's a game, but the rules are up to interpretation)

And there is "Competitive play" a set of absolute, and universal rules, that must be agreed apon, and adhered to, by all parties that wish to compete. some are more restrictive then others; but it is a CHOICE, that we should be able to make.

But to put it simple: What the OP asking for is the ability to create, just such a structured environment, to compete in.

But the question nobodies' asking is: Why are there ANY restrictions on UN RANKED dedicated server? that impedes any attempt at creating a competitive environment?

Poison_pawn PCO

Ahh, I see. Thanx Poison:)

There are restrictions on unranked dedicated servers, because they won't make any money selling the dlc packages.If you play dedicated servers you dont need dlc

NRFCODFATHER wrote:

There are restrictions on unranked dedicated servers, because they won't make any money selling the dlc packages.If you play dedicated servers you dont need dlc

Wrong answer: First off that was a rhetorical question.

Come back when you know something, about what you're talking about.

If the dedicated servers weren't useless waist of bandwidth, (and it's not just because they're un-ranked) I would be encouraging every one to buy the DLC (as we did with Black ops)

But as it stands right now this game is dead on the PC (to the PC only community it's as useless as MW2)

Black ops isn't ideal; but I was willing to compromise, (I do understand why they would put "some" restrictions on "ranked" servers; but there is NO CALL for ANY restrictions, on UNRANKED dedicated server.) and there's no call for it now.

Your argument that you "don't need dlc" to play on dedicated servers is sheer ignorance.

If the servers weren't a waist of time, do to lack of server side control, ( match time, number of rounds, spawn time, points per round etc... difficult to configure weapon, kill streak restrictions,   and lack of documentation)  no logs (very very important feature; that really is the deal breaker) etc...

And the  clients weren't broken: No way to connect through the console (no console at all) no way to favorite server from within the server.

Server browser being purposely hidden from view, and no simple way to create kits once you've joined etc...

This game would still be popular amongst the PCO, and we would be buying the DLC; instead of calling for boycotts.

Some will say that the servers are unpopular because they're un-ranked; but that isn't the entire truth.

these servers would be VERY popular to the PCO (pc only community) if not for the restrictions, and lack of documentation.

I said all that, just to inform YOU (because most of us already know)

So: The answer to that "rhetorical" question is....wait for it....to kill the COD PC only community. (because the dev's would rather not deal with it)

It's been on life support since MW2... And I've been one, of the few, who said she'll come out of here coma; give it time.

Well the time is past; she is now brain dead...I say pull the plug.

R.I.P COD.

Poison_pawn PCO