1 16 17 18 19 20 Previous Next 193 Replies Latest reply: May 14, 2012 11:36 AM by rankismet Go to original post RSS
  • 190. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    maccabi

ghorman wrote:

maccabi wrote:

what capp00 said remeber this is a MATCHMAKING fix, not a host disadvantage/ lerps fix

I don't think that will get fix unless they adjust the game time the client is using while being host.  Its really sad being host and you are the one out of sync with the game.  Poor design IMO.

to make any chances bnefore the matchmaking update would be counter productive imo, as any changes made might need to be changed depending on the feedback of the matchmaking patch, if it was me id do the matchmaking patch..then once its fully propagated and feedback gotten THEN fiddle with the host disadvanatge and the un-needed extra lerps as they know both of these need tweaking (finally )

• 191. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    ghorman

maccabi wrote:

ghorman wrote:

maccabi wrote:

what capp00 said remeber this is a MATCHMAKING fix, not a host disadvantage/ lerps fix

I don't think that will get fix unless they adjust the game time the client is using while being host.  Its really sad being host and you are the one out of sync with the game.  Poor design IMO.

to make any chances bnefore the matchmaking update would be counter productive imo, as any changes made might need to be changed depending on the feedback of the matchmaking patch, if it was me id do the matchmaking patch..then once its fully propagated and feedback gotten THEN fiddle with the host disadvanatge and the un-needed extra lerps as they know both of these need tweaking (finally )

Agreed.  Its like asking for a gun change with the game itself is not running correct.  You can't put the cart in front of the horse.

• 192. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    maccabi

rankismet wrote:

maccabi wrote:

capp00 wrote:

So, it appears that this title update will be coming out tomorrow, May 15th. Will take a bit to propogate to everyone. Hopefully by weeks end, we will see some improvement to the matchmaking system.

And real quick, once again, this is not going to be a magic bullet that fixes all the lag problems. It "might" help with lag issues if it does a better job of finding lobbies closer to all the players.

So, please don't think this 1 update is going to make the game run buttery smooth. It could, and I do hope so, but if you notice no difference after the update, please don't start rioting in this thread about how "I told you it wouldn't work".

So this fixes lag comp... awesome.

havent you got some sneakers to be making

• 193. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    rankismet

maccabi wrote:

rankismet wrote:

maccabi wrote:

capp00 wrote:

So, it appears that this title update will be coming out tomorrow, May 15th. Will take a bit to propogate to everyone. Hopefully by weeks end, we will see some improvement to the matchmaking system.

And real quick, once again, this is not going to be a magic bullet that fixes all the lag problems. It "might" help with lag issues if it does a better job of finding lobbies closer to all the players.

So, please don't think this 1 update is going to make the game run buttery smooth. It could, and I do hope so, but if you notice no difference after the update, please don't start rioting in this thread about how "I told you it wouldn't work".

So this fixes lag comp... awesome.

havent you got some sneakers to be making

I'll have you know that I'm the PCS Lead Quality Test Engineer... I don't make a damn thing.

1 16 17 18 19 20 Previous Next