31 Replies Latest reply: May 14, 2012 4:04 PM by SuperCook1eMan RSS

Why Doesn't Spawn Trapping Take skill?

I just played 2 games of Domination and won both. I went 57-1 on the first, and 50-1 on the other, and was told that spawn trapping takes no skill. I keep hearing people saying that, but how is that possible if you have to coordinate where everyone is to make sure that you don't get spawned behind and lose flags, potentially costing you the match? It takes communication, and if the team isn't working together, then it can't be done. So why do people think that teamwork doesn't take skill? It's pretty much how Domination is played when you're holding 2 flags.

• Re: Why Doesn't Spawn Trapping Take skill?

Spawn trapping and boosting are different things.

ZING!

Anyway, Dom trapping is a bit different than the trapping I'm accustomed to. I consider spawn trapping to be standing at a fixed spawn point knowing that the enemy will spawn in front of you then killing them. Typically only found in CTF, Demo and Sabo.

Dom involves more map control than anything. But to be honest, even Dom trapping takes little skill.

Why? It's a full party stomping on randoms. I understand the argument "do I just let them kill me?" I do. But by no means should you gloat about "skill" if that's all you do because I can guarantee that you won't pull scores like the ones you pull in a party while solo or against another full party.

Parties in general are a crutch. I've run into full parties that have destroyed my team of randoms. A few days later I run into members of that party playing solo and I stomp all over them like it's no ones business.

We play against parties and randoms and run the same strategy with mixed results. Sometimes the randies make it hard for us, and sometimes full teams just suck. and parties aren't really a crutch, as they're the only way to play a team game without having to gamble every match on which of your teammates will suck. I'd rather build up my team's skills by playing with them often and formulating strategies, rather than hoping that my random team knows how to shoot their weapons.

all you are doing is capping two flags and not pushing to deep towards the third. not to much skill there guy. if you play with random green guys it wont happen. the infamous triple cap or they just push too far towards the other flag and the spawns flip or the enemy starts spawning randomly. all you are doing is keeping your flags so they keep spawning by theirs. what missing snorlax is referring to is spawn killing, waiting for them to spawn and be right there waiting, as cheap as it gets. spawn trapping is just what it says trapping them in their spawn.

Sorry Bro but yeah it takes very little skill.  I can and have spawn trapped on Dom plenty.  I mostly just play Dom.  If I have a team that know what they are doing it can be fun, and an outright massacre.  But it does not take a lot of skill.  It does mean you, or your team rather, knows how to play the game mode well.  Of course the team of randoms, or even a pary that you just beat is gonna say you have no skill.  They lost horribly and are pissed off.  Don't defend having skill.  Instead just say "hey you're just pissed cause you lost".  All that being said, I am not saying you are not skilled.  You may be a great player.  You may be great even without a team.  Most of my friend requests and clan invites come from me countering the spawn trap against full teams which impresses them.  So if you have skill, then you have skill, but spawn trapping on Dom is just having a team with a gameplan.

DaRyuujin

because spawn trapping with your buddies on the other team who do nothing but tac insert in the same spot 28 times takes 0% skill !00%boosting

vims1990

It doesn't take skill considering you're playing with a team using a mic & who are competant enough to use a controller.

It's not skill, it's just playing a bunch of randoms & "pub stomping" by keeping one team trapped at one end.

Personally, I hate spawn trapping randoms. It's boring & once a team realised they're trapped, they either:

a) Leave the game ending up with 6 vs 2 matches

b) Give up & sit in their spawn for the entire match

I play with at least 3-6 players just to keep my sanity from playing MW3. I don't blame randoms from leaving. I get annoyed that when we play full parties, the party host decides to back all of them out not even half-way through a match.

As an ex-solo player, playing against parties is a hellish experience for those who aren't communicating with each other & don't know their strengths/weaknesses, if they run support or assault etc.

So I wouldn't consider it skill at the end of the day.

You can spawn trap with randoms if they actually know how to play Dom. I've played a couple of solo games with randies, most without mics, who actually knew what was going down. It's kinda nice to know that some random players are good, but most just rush the enemy spawn to camp there for kills. All I know is, if the mic comes with your Xbox, and you're playing a team game, why not communicate for the better?

vims1990

Aero_Stryker wrote:

You can spawn trap with randoms if they actually know how to play Dom. I've played a couple of solo games with randies, most without mics, who actually knew what was going down. It's kinda nice to know that some random players are good, but most just rush the enemy spawn to camp there for kills. All I know is, if the mic comes with your Xbox, and you're playing a team game, why not communicate for the better?

And how often do you see that?

Not saying it's not possible. Just saying the percentage of a successful "spawn trap" with a party is MUCH greater than with a team of randoms.

Most solo COD players (unless you're playing with a party) won't use a mic for teamwork & communication. Mics are just used to cuss at each other.

I don't remember the last time a random player on my team used a mic for communicating about enemy player locations etc. The same applies to Battlefield (which is renowed for it's "teamwork" as well. I play solo on BF3 and there is never any communication.

Decent team communication only comes out playing in parties or in competitive clan matches. A public match...it's a rarity to see it happen.

Spawn trapping/camping is just boosting with an unwilling player. Spawn trapping is just an exploit of the spawn system just like spawn camping it is no different then boosting or hacking or cheating so yea it takes no skill to spawn trap because it's an exploit.

Spawn traps take zero skill. Specially with these maps on MW3. Spawn trapping is like running in those special olympics, of course you get a Win but doesn't look good for the COMMUNITY, especially to exploit  a already poor spawning system is just you guys being "LAMEa**es"

Then to brag about it in the lobby even funnier (not really it's more sad if anything)

It's not the good players fault that IW dropped the ball on the spawn system is this game. Spawn trapping has been the same since CoD4, the best CoD ever made. So what do you think good players should do? Let the enemy take their flags and win just because they aren't as good? Or should they trade kills with each other so no one feels subpar?

Even on Cod ELITE, it says that the best way to play Dom is to take 2 flags and hold the enemy at their flag, so if anything, the devs are promoting it. Maybe people should rage at them instead.

xxxharveystjockxxx

Im nobody but apparently you like attention so ya got mine.  Your not a spawn trapper or anything genius like that.  You are a TEAM CAMPER who picks off people from the side lines while they try to complete objectives. You dont do that well in TDM even with a team.  You dont try to complete objectives when you play Dom as per kills you rarely defend or even cap.  What you do is team stomp randoms and get a thrill out of it, but apparently dont play many good players because I dont rememer or probably never will be in a game where 3 of the opposing team goes 0 kills-15+deaths.  Really???

QUESTION:  Why would you and your friends miss out and not play double xp on elite this weekend?  Because the best players might be there?  Because the people learning to play would be playing in the regular field?  Or are you banned for that incident that didnt happen?  That one I just cant figure out...

Noob_Lyncher

As long as people aren't getting killed as soon as they spawn due to broken spawns, like in Black Ops Havana, it's not glitching, therefore it's cool.

zingaa

lol 57-1 in domination, typical k/d whoring. I agree with the others, trapping and camping takes no skill and if thats something you want credit for then congrats.

Don't even say you don't camp, if you're boasting about your game stat at 57-1 in Domination you camp, you trap and you don't capture flags to help your team so I'd say nobody gives a ### except you and your k/d moab buddies.

Have a good day

DaRyuujin

yea stats are SO hard to get when you kill somebody the moment the spawn so I guess I should apologize I had NO clue that knowing exactly where somebody will spawn and already be aiming down sights at the spot takes more skill then winning gun fights in different parts of the map.

I had NO clue that getting a MOAB by RUNNING AROUND while playing the objective in a game that dont call for camping your objective (KC) takes so much less skill then aiming at a spawn (or tac inserter cuz ya know people TOTALLY drop tacs in their spawn they just died 10 times in a row

all you do is try to tug on your E-peen here on the forums and try to tell people how good you are. Lets be honest here though, you spawn trap and boost nobody will EVER acknowledge you as a "skilled player" because neither of those tatics take skill its pure cheapness and any stats gained that way are moot.

CowboySr

This is hardly the way to try and re-earn any respect. 

JBurn244

yeah, because this takes so much skill. I for one, am amazed. I don't know how they do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R925j3hI9Sw

trialstardragon

Spawn trapping does not take skill at all. Even a group of non communicating randoms can do it on the random ocassion. To spawn trap someone and then to try and boast about it as some skillful act is just stupid.

You just need a good understanding of the map and the spawn system and the possible routes in and out and how far you can move up before it causes the spawn to flip. That does not require a lot of skill to do.

The OP is a known booster. No respect here, go spawn trap/boost gloat somewhere else please. And spawn trapping takes teamwork, not good players. Thanks.

Spawn-trapping takes skill.