15 Replies Latest reply: May 21, 2012 11:41 PM by Assimaschine RSS

FIX for DLC files problem - Thanks to TheTruthHurts on steam forums

chuba2

As the idiots at IW cant fix their own game it took a PC community player to temporarily fix this pos,

Thanks to TheTruthHurts from the steam forums:

"I found a solution for properly disabling DLC to join into regular lobbies (non-DLC players).

You need to go to the MW3\Main folder (for me it is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\call of duty modern warfare 3\main").

The full fix is, move or rename these files:

42695.sdm

iw_25.iwd

iw_26.iwd

localized_xxxx_iw06.iwd

localized_xxxx_iw07.iwd

Fill in "xxxx" with your game language. Mine is english.

I was able to join 6 different non-DLC hosts consecutively without getting the files different error.

Now, start the game, and play with non-DLC people. You will no longer get the "Files different" error.

If you want to play on DLC maps again, you need to rename the file back, and restart the game.

Enjoy. "

• Re: FIX for DLC files problem - Thanks to TheTruthHurts on steam forums

how about uploading those files so I can put them in my folder since I don't own the dlc, since more of my friends have it then don't? then we can play CTF without getting kicked randomly.

chuba2

@edgex As you dont have the DLC you dont need to do the manipulation, this is only for thoses that have the DLC.

We were a party of nine with 2 that have the DLC and it works fine playing together and never getting kicked, as stated this is a temporary fix and if the DLC owners want to play the new maps they just move the files back but have to quit the group lobby.

wierd worlds are these

edgex wrote:

how about uploading those files so I can put them in my folder since I don't own the dlc, since more of my friends have it then don't? then we can play CTF without getting kicked randomly.

So let me get this right.

You want someone who has paid for the DLC to upload the files for the DLC to somewhere so you can download them and copy, said files in to the main MW3 install folder so you can play on the DLC map's without paying for them?

I am not sure that would work considering I think each DLC pack has it's own CD-Key attached to it in essence.

I don't think it would work and possibly could iniate a VAC ban so actually thinking about it go for it do it and I hope you get banned, for trying to steal something that you should pay for if you want it.

nice, finally not that stupid error anymore..

chuba2

Bumping this up as alot of people seem to be completely blind.

This is a workaround I wrote for those with the DLC to rename certain files if you want to play non-dlc maps and rename them back to the original names to play the DLC.  Run it

before you start the game to disable (or enable) the DLC.

If you want to create a batch file, copy the text below into Notepad, save it as a batch file (i.e. DLCFIX.BAT). [ Make sure you change the Save As Type to All Files before

saving.]  NOTE THAT IF YOU USE A LANGUAGE OTHER THAN ENGLISH, YOU WILL HAVE TO CHANGE THE LINES AS STATED IN THE CODE BELOW.

Put the batch file in "main" directory of the MW3 steam folder (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\call of duty modern warfare 3\main).  Then create a shortcut

to the batch file (put the shortcut where it's convenient - I do my desktop).

Run the file once and it will disable the DLC, run it again and it reenables it.  There will be a message telling you which happened.  Worked great for me!

Copy everything below to the batch file

echo off

cls

IF EXIST 42695.sdm.bak goto enable

IF EXIST 42695.sdm goto disable

:enable

rename 42695.sdm.bak 42695.sdm

rename iw_25.iwd.bak iw_25.iwd

rename iw_26.iwd.bak iw_26.iwd

REM CHANGE THE LANGUAGE FROM ENGLISH TO YOUR LANGUAGE IF NECESSARY ON THE NEXT 2 LINES

rename localized_english_iw06.iwd.bak localized_english_iw06.iwd

rename localized_english_iw07.iwd.bak localized_english_iw07.iwd

echo DLC Enabled!

goto banner

:disable

rename 42695.sdm 42695.sdm.bak

rename iw_25.iwd iw_25.iwd.bak

rename iw_26.iwd iw_26.iwd.bak

REM CHANGE THE LANGUAGE FROM ENGLISH TO YOUR LANGUAGE IF NECESSARY ON THE NEXT 2 LINES

rename localized_english_iw06.iwd localized_english_iw06.iwd.bak

rename localized_english_iw07.iwd localized_english_iw07.iwd.bak

echo DLC Disabled!

goto banner

:banner

echo Brought to you by....

echo ______________________________________________________________________________
    echo [[[[[[[[[       CCCCCCCCCCCCC                 FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF ]]]]]]]]]
    echo [:::::::[    CCC::::::::::::C                 F::::::::::::::::::::F ]:::::::]
    echo [:::::::[  CC:::::::::::::::C                 F::::::::::::::::::::F ]:::::::]
    echo [:::::[[[ C:::::CCCCCCCC::::C                 FF::::::FFFFFFFFF::::F ]]]:::::]
    echo [::::[   C:::::C       CCCCCC                   F:::::F       FFFFFF    ]::::]
    echo [::::[  C:::::C                                 F:::::F                 ]::::]
    echo [::::[  C:::::C                                 F::::::FFFFFFFFFF       ]::::]
    echo [::::[  C:::::C               ---------------   F:::::::::::::::F       ]::::]
    echo [::::[  C:::::C               -:::::::::::::-   F:::::::::::::::F       ]::::]
    echo [::::[  C:::::C               ---------------   F::::::FFFFFFFFFF       ]::::]
    echo [::::[  C:::::C                                 F:::::F                 ]::::]
    echo [::::[   C:::::C       CCCCCC                   F:::::F                 ]::::]
    echo [:::::[[[ C:::::CCCCCCCC::::C                 FF:::::::FF            ]]]:::::]
    echo [:::::::[  CC:::::::::::::::C                 F::::::::FF            ]:::::::]
    echo [:::::::[    CCC::::::::::::C                 F::::::::FF            ]:::::::]
    echo [[[[[[[[[       CCCCCCCCCCCCC                 FFFFFFFFFFF            ]]]]]]]]]
    echo ______________________________________________________________________________

echo             CHEAT FREE GAMING COMMUNITY  WWW.CHEATER-FREE.COM

PAUSE

exit

Has anyone used the DLC deactivtor and does it work?

Community Vs. Infinity Ward 1-0 !

they have still yet to release a fix to this...Good Work guys...

shame i've quit playing MW3 on pc...

To keep things simple.....

MapModNews created one ZiP file with ALL you need for properly disabling the 1st Modern Warfare 3 DLC files; so you can join regular lobbies (non-DLC players).

The MW3-DLC-1-Deactivator.zip file offers you two choices :

Creating a Deactivator Desktop Short Cut to disable the DLC, and run it again to re-enable or using the INGAME-MW3-DLC1-Deactivator.

Link to file : MW3-DLC-1-Deactivator - The FIX for the PC MW3 DLC files problem.

The above .zip file contains the MW3-DLC-1-Deactivator created by Cheat-Free and INGAME-MW3-DLC1-Deactivator created by Assimaschine. Plus README file for how to.

Any problems or errors send me a PM.