1 2 3 Previous Next 64 Replies Latest reply: Jul 28, 2012 6:14 PM by starbuckfrack RSS

I hate Activision now (Elite DLC SCAM)

So I bought Elite last month when they announced 4 new Multiplayer Maps for May in the Calendar. Because I am a huge fan of survival mode and was looking forward to the 4 new maps in May. I was even hoping they would all drop on the same day in May so it would be almost like a new game feeling a little bit like COD-xmas. Thats why I spent 50 EUR for "Elite".

Now it was changed and instead of multiplayer maps we get "F-OFF" maps that nobody cares about. They are NOT playable in survival mode. I am mad. I seriously HATE Activision now and cant understand why I have been so stupid to support 1) prepaid maps model as in elite and 2) pay them so much in advance I should have rather bought MaxP3 or BF3.

My decision is done to never buy an Activision Product again - I dont care if it was always fun to play COD. I dont care if other games yet arent as good. I dont care. My rage is bigger. Activision is scamming their best customers - those who buy elite - and earnt over $100 million from it yet fails to deliver good content that has a lot of replay-value as in Survival-Maps. I am so dissapointed and speechless how a company can **** their customers like this.  Fair for the price of Elite would be 1 new map every week - new maps - older maps..... What Activision delivers for our money is a JOKE. Bye.

• 1. Re: I hate Activision now (Elite DLC SCAM)
    zingaa

I bet you you'll be buying the next Activision product

• 2. Re: I hate Activision now (Elite DLC SCAM)
    GONExFISHING

good bye lol

• 3. Re: I hate Activision now (Elite DLC SCAM)

Elite doesn't even work its full of bugs despite a quite successful beta on BO, but now it seems the company has gone to hell. I'm not buying BO2 either I'm fed up of these annual game releases which see no improvement or development just rehashing the same old things. BO2 hasn't even got a shred of originiality. So I'm not buying Activision or EA for a whole year.

• 4. Re: I hate Activision now (Elite DLC SCAM)
    Mojammer

I'm dissapointed that the Face Off maps aren't in Survival mode as well.  I have no idea why they would spend resources to make maps that are only playable in a tiny portion of the game, 2 multiplayer game types (1v1 and 2v2).  These maps would do very well in a number of places:

-survival

-FFA

-All or Nothing

-One In the Chamber

• 5. Re: I hate Activision now (Elite DLC SCAM)
    mundokev

They are catering to the masses to maximise profit. I don't really mind what they dish up on elite now as I only need a stop gap until Black Ops 2 (fingers crossed) which hopefully follows the style of the original. Treyarch better get it right, as MW3 can be really frustrating at times

• 6. Re: I hate Activision now (Elite DLC SCAM)
    indy56

Yep, same here.

• 7. Re: I hate Activision now (Elite DLC SCAM)
    nickpeck36

First off I love you people that cry "scam" when it isn't.  They said there will be "X" amount of DLC, NEVER stating exactly what the DLC would be, so how is that a problem?  Did you not think that maybe some of it wouldnt be what you wanted?

Brains people, everyone has one yet hardly anyone around here can figure out how to use their own.  I don't care about the spec op's stuff but I'm not crying about it as I know some people really like that mode.  Maybe one deay I will give it a shot, I don't know but I don't mind that it's part of the DLC.

They are putting stuff out there for everyone, they aren't catering it to you and you alone.  So many damn cry babies around here (though it's still not as bad as the battlelog forums for BF3, good god it's a nightmare over there).

Next time don't buy the overall bundle and just wait for and buy the individual DLC, though you will end up paying more but whatever.

• 8. Re: I hate Activision now (Elite DLC SCAM)

i agree.

• 9. Re: I hate Activision now (Elite DLC SCAM)
    rankismet

ragedoutlaw wrote:

So I bought Elite last month when they announced 4 new Multiplayer Maps for May in the Calendar. Because I am a huge fan of survival mode and was looking forward to the 4 new maps in May. I was even hoping they would all drop on the same day in May so it would be almost like a new game feeling a little bit like COD-xmas. Thats why I spent 50 EUR for "Elite".

Now it was changed and instead of multiplayer maps we get "F-OFF" maps that nobody cares about. They are NOT playable in survival mode. I am mad. I seriously HATE Activision now and cant understand why I have been so stupid to support 1) prepaid maps model as in elite and 2) pay them so much in advance I should have rather bought MaxP3 or BF3.

My decision is done to never buy an Activision Product again - I dont care if it was always fun to play COD. I dont care if other games yet arent as good. I dont care. My rage is bigger. Activision is scamming their best customers - those who buy elite - and earnt over $100 million from it yet fails to deliver good content that has a lot of replay-value as in Survival-Maps. I am so dissapointed and speechless how a company can **** their customers like this.  Fair for the price of Elite would be 1 new map every week - new maps - older maps..... What Activision delivers for our money is a JOKE. Bye.

Congratulations on exercising your right as a consumer to not purchase future products.

But you weren't scammed.

You assumed what the content would be... and you know what they say about assume.

1 2 3 Previous Next