1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 62 Replies Latest reply: May 23, 2012 3:58 PM by esmorgue Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: Well it is that time of year again...

I don't get it? I play cod a lot, sometimes n a 3 man clan and I don't experience any problems. I get high kdr's more so as I've started using the m4a1 and regularly come up against foreign contingents coz I'm up to the wee small hours playing. No lag, I sometimes get spanked but not because of lag it's because the other team camp or are genuinely good. I love mw3 but I understand the frustrations.

• 31. Re: Well it is that time of year again...
    esmorgue

Congratulations...evidently something is wrong with your internet or it is depending on your location.

• 32. Re: Well it is that time of year again...
    r8edtripx

esmorgue wrote:

For all those that NEVVERRRRR were worried about how well the game will play upon it's release, or how the matchmaking will be done, all things that should be of TOP PRIORITY. I remember only a few of the Veterans and some new guys were even focused how making sure that the we tried to get the Developers attention about what was most important for online gameplay. MATCHMAKING QUALITY BEING GOOD.....

Yet we had the same usual child minded, not a care in the world... That were ready to be "hoodwinked" with eyecandy, and little 'TOKENS' that just had to be focused on the most redundant things and just had to spam this perception of...... "No, we will worry about

Customizable playercards..

Being able to Hopescope..

Being able to have that all new game changing Theater Mode...

OMA being gone..

DC being gone..

SP being gone..

The AK-74u being in this game..

Youtube not being able to link...

Videos not rendering...

Survival not being as uber cool as Zombies..

Noobtubes being taken out...

Something being Overpowered..

MW2 sucking and Black Ops being better...

I will be adding to this list, well....because now begins the period of how bad this game ran/functioned/performed/matchmaked/lagged etc..etc...

I truly feel sad for you little tykes..well because you know no better. Maybe you will learn now that the important things about online gameplay isn't how well it will look, or how many guns they will have or, if you will be able to make obscene pictures or not, or if you will be able to paint your gun, or if you will be able to play that awesome map from way back yonder.

It is all about who you are MATCHED up against..

Are you going to be MATCHED against players nearest to you..

So while you continue doing as usual.. I will be doing my best to achieve the important things once again, like every year with some other Veteran and Newer Forumites.. While you guys sit here and quibble over a game that is going nowhere but to the bottom.

I relinquish My Throne as Gen. of The Confederate States of PS3...

Matchmaking on such a grand scale has to be a big B to get right, otherwise they'd have it right by now.

In your mind, do you think the devs just said to themselves, "You know what, eff-it, the matchmaking system isn't important, let's just concentrate on..."?

• 33. Re: Well it is that time of year again...
    ghamorra

I can see the Devs putting effort into it before launch day but not wanting to further improve it after the game's launch because of all the time and effort that lied ahead in fixing it. They want to instead focus on DLC and other money making content

• 34. Re: Well it is that time of year again...
    callodoodygame

OP, good post.

After this last patch, if it can be called that, i believe i will have to sacrafice my internet bandwith and just go to a 1MG up/down just so i do not become host.  It is apparent that lag comp, matchmaking or whatever it is, so F-EN F-KED that not even playing connected to my router through wireless has improved the situation. If lag comp only benifits the DSL/56kb crowed ill do it so I can lag comp my bullets around corners.

However, I will wait until May 21/22 when Ghost Recon: Future Soldier releases at midnight and see how my bandwith does on that game before I make my final decision.  Call of Duty has become such a failure of a experience I was commanded by God Almighty tonight to make this account and voice my utter and UBER disdain. I do not expect ANYTHING to come of it at all. But as the saying goes, "misery loves company".

Just for the record I was playing BO with less lag than this PIECE OF DOODOO of a game and MW3 was bought for me as a birthday gift. I even considered trading it in for GRFS but i didnt want to upset my friend, even though it has some tweaks i do enjoy like, recon/reconpro, it is even worse than before.

• 35. Re: Well it is that time of year again...
    esmorgue

Welcome and there is no better place to "voice" put your complaint in at.

• 36. Re: Well it is that time of year again...
    esmorgue

r8edtripx wrote:

esmorgue wrote:

For all those that NEVVERRRRR were worried about how well the game will play upon it's release, or how the matchmaking will be done, all things that should be of TOP PRIORITY. I remember only a few of the Veterans and some new guys were even focused how making sure that the we tried to get the Developers attention about what was most important for online gameplay. MATCHMAKING QUALITY BEING GOOD.....

Yet we had the same usual child minded, not a care in the world... That were ready to be "hoodwinked" with eyecandy, and little 'TOKENS' that just had to be focused on the most redundant things and just had to spam this perception of...... "No, we will worry about

Customizable playercards..

Being able to Hopescope..

Being able to have that all new game changing Theater Mode...

OMA being gone..

DC being gone..

SP being gone..

The AK-74u being in this game..

Youtube not being able to link...

Videos not rendering...

Survival not being as uber cool as Zombies..

Noobtubes being taken out...

Something being Overpowered..

MW2 sucking and Black Ops being better...

I will be adding to this list, well....because now begins the period of how bad this game ran/functioned/performed/matchmaked/lagged etc..etc...

I truly feel sad for you little tykes..well because you know no better. Maybe you will learn now that the important things about online gameplay isn't how well it will look, or how many guns they will have or, if you will be able to make obscene pictures or not, or if you will be able to paint your gun, or if you will be able to play that awesome map from way back yonder.

It is all about who you are MATCHED up against..

Are you going to be MATCHED against players nearest to you..

So while you continue doing as usual.. I will be doing my best to achieve the important things once again, like every year with some other Veteran and Newer Forumites.. While you guys sit here and quibble over a game that is going nowhere but to the bottom.

I relinquish My Throne as Gen. of The Confederate States of PS3...

Matchmaking on such a grand scale has to be a big B to get right, otherwise they'd have it right by now.

In your mind, do you think the devs just said to themselves, "You know what, eff-it, the matchmaking system isn't important, let's just concentrate on..."?

I somewhat do believe that they focus on DLC. Things that can appease disgruntled customers, ease the customers reservations of possibly buying DLC.

Look at all the effort into making Game Modes, Extra "Free" Maps. " Give them more pretty boards, and games to play..they'll shut up". Senseable customers are the ones who say " Well thats all well and good, what about addressing issues that will keep me and others from buying that crap?"

• 37. Re: Well it is that time of year again...
    ghamorra

All I can say is, if I have another night like I had tonight then I'm trading the game in. I was under the impression that video games are suppose to be fun and relaxing. There's absolutely nothing relaxing about MW3

You played that one match with me and how long did it last before you left? I know I left about 3min in and you were already long gone. I just don't understand how something this severe can be ignored. I mean I stood in front of someone with and LMG and fired HALF A DRUM and he just runs right through it and knifes me. Killcam said I didn't even hit him once.

But that's not all. A few matches latter played the worst match I've played in a long time. I actually shot a guy heard him swear over the headset and got cut off by his respawn then after all that he finally died on my screen and got the points. Literally over a second of discrepancy between the game and reality. How can you just let lag that bad slide on by without attempting to fix it

• 38. Re: Well it is that time of year again...
    DaShuk2381

They have their money so I doubt they are going to fix it anytime soon. I actually started off with 3-4 solid games tonight after the patch and thought maybe they had magically pulled something off, then pulled host and my night went downhill from there and I had to quit before a controller wound up in the tv screen. Had several instances like yours with my L86 where I had drawn down on a guy first and emptied 30-40 rounds, tons of hitmarkers, then get knifed or one-shotted and the kill cam shows me not even firing. The best though was my last game where I was the final kill cam(we lost like 7500-2600, it was brutal) Corner camper kills me, I know exactly where he's hiding and he's next to an explosive barrel. I round the corner with my finger on the trigger just throwing out rounds, sprayed him down good, even blew up the barrel then he drops me in two shots with his UMP. Kill cam doesn't show the barrel blowing up and only shows me firing 2-3 shots, so I was done at that point.

• 39. Re: Well it is that time of year again...
    ghamorra

I died twice where the guy runs past my BB that's next to a car without stalker (I checked for it). He rounds the corner and kills me, then the damn thing blows up and gets me a kill. What a load of sh*t