10 Replies Latest reply: May 18, 2012 6:30 PM by Moabmauler RSS

Discussion: AK74u

RegicidalI

As many of you might know, the AK74u was intended to be in multiplayer version of mw3 as it has the "Create-a-Class" icons and all the attachments (ex. HAMR scope, EXT mags, Camoflauges, etc.) that are not found in singleplayer/spec ops.

Now here is a question for you guys, why do you think they did not put it in multiplayer even though they have it all ready? Also, do you guys think this weapon could come to multiplayer in a huge update? Should it? Tell me what you guys think in the comments!

• Re: Discussion: AK74u

i didn't use it much in Black ops so i don't care either way but if they do i might try it out

Message was edited by: pazuzu16

str8gunn1n

I think they should have weapon dlc. It would add (to me anyway) a level of depth that would keep the disc in my system rather than playing something else when it feels like playing is getting a bit dull. Don't get me wrong after I play something else it reminds me of why I love COD in the first place. The controls are just so fluid. I would also love the ak74u in MP as I loved it in MW and even in BO.

Your Combat Record says otherwise.

Anyways, I think Call of Duty should try and implement additional weapons through DLC. It would be an interesting experience, as well as an interesting experiment. Bringing back old weapons and introducing new weapons would slightly change the game in terms of weaponry in the game.

Some ideas have to be tested before they're 'Features', it'd make Call of Duty interesting if players would have the option to play with weapons that other's would be limited too.

The smgs are a strong enough class in MW3 to be able to add the ak74u and it not be a big deal imo. Unlike in BO where it was the AK74u > everything else, this game has solid weapons in the MP7, PP90M1 and the P90 to balance out the AK74u. I don't know why it wasn't included and see no reason why IW shouldnt add it (which is why they won't, cuz they are IW). Just don't give it a nube tube like they did in BO.

rlbl

Personally, I think it would be great if new weapons were unlocked by leveling (e.g. prestiging) instead of DLC.

- DLC means you have to buy them (not everyone does, so what happens when you die - does your gun poof so people who did not buy the DLC cannot pick it up? just a thought...)

- New unlocks would keep people playing as it gives them a goal to strive for

It sure would be a hell of a lot better than getting roman numerals over one's head for prestiging.

If you goo into the content calendar and look at the content yet to come you will see two pieces of content that are marked as classified. Who knows what these could be...

str8gunn1n

Lol I actually feel like an idiot because I didn't think of this. But at the same time, I don't necessarily think it would be a bad idea still for them to put it into dlc. The reason I say this is let's say your a level 20, someone else is a level 70 with a gun that unlocks after 20, you can still pick up their gun and use it. What I'm saying is I think it would actually be pretty cool to use weaponry you can only pick up and not equip unless you have the dlc. It would leave something to be desired.

But I do like the unlock via prestige idea too. Either way I'd like to see guns get added in after release to add a level of depth.

It was so OP in blops and I didnt like to touch it unless I needed it off the ground to survive. Or if you are getting annoying with it. You didnt want me to take out my 74u to even the playing field.  They need prestige gun unlocks IMO. Maybe for the first few prestiges.

I don't necessarily agree with this.

Prestige is just a filler - to keep players playing - and I don't think there should be unlocks for something that isn't mandatory. It would make players prestige, but also, there's different types of players, as well.

The Prestige Shop is an interesting idea that they could expand upon. They could implement additional features inside the Shop.

I wish one day a COD developer will go against rule books and scheldules to add things like weapons, perks, pointstreaks and attachments. But no. MAPS, MAPS, MAPS and a new gamemode here and there. Now I like maps as much as anything else, but I want variety and stuff that actually feels new. Its possible they will add the 74u, but I doubt it. CODs biggest problem in my eyes is FIXATION. They need to be more FLEXIBLE and actually give the community a nice little surprise every now and then, like a new weapon.

As for what I think the AK74u should be like, 3-5 hit kills,  very high effective range, moderately high recoil, accurate hip firing and moderate RoF.