1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 56 Replies Latest reply: Oct 2, 2012 8:30 AM by kellysa111 Go to original post RSS
  • 40. Re: Are You Still Geting Major Lag?
    Snipingdbag

If I need a new ISP, they should stop making me host and chop for no reason constantly. There is something fundamentally wrong with this game and the balance between 4 and 3 bar players. If it's my ISP / connection, why does the game then run fine when not hosting and against other 4 bar / low ping players?

• 41. Re: Are You Still Geting Major Lag?

I have tried 2 ISP's both fibre optic both some of the best and fastest in the U.K.My connections are set up perfectly with the advice given from the MW3 team and this game has played like sh!t on both of them.The system they use for online gaming does not work and that is the cause of 90% of players problems connecting to this game not their ISP's.....

• 42. Re: Are You Still Geting Major Lag?
    sennalike

Bottom line is Activision's developers should be making a game that runs well for 95% of the community, not one that runs well for 5%.  They expect us to buy their product then they have the responsibility for doing that.  To ask the millions around the world to change their ISP to enable the game to run well is fundamentally wrong.  W@W and MW2 were fine, Black Ops was poor, and MW3 is a joke when it comes to lag, and I have had the same provider throughout.  As others have said, it's the game not us.

• 43. Re: Are You Still Geting Major Lag?
    maccabi

KillGoblin wrote:

I have tried 2 ISP's both fibre optic both some of the best and fastest in the U.K.My connections are set up perfectly with the advice given from the MW3 team and this game has played like sh!t on both of them.The system they use for online gaming does not work and that is the cause of 90% of players problems connecting to this game not their ISP's.....

lemme guess..virgin and bt infinity right?

first off dont confuse bandwidth for speed, secondly both of these especially virgin are the worst isps in the uk for gaming on

• 44. Re: Are You Still Geting Major Lag?
    rlbl

If it is the ISP, why would other games run fine, and some not run?  I seriously doubt that MW3 pushed the boundaries of bandwidth limitations and all of the sudden this game has become unplayable...

And if that was the case... why in the world would a game developer build a game so that 95% of the people in the world would have to upgrade their bandwidth, and require a Fiber Optic line just to be able to play a $60 game - and not tell anyone lol?

*sigh*

just saying.

• 45. Re: Are You Still Geting Major Lag?
    gambit1969

Ok so i took your advice and did step 3, system is running faster and have had 3 good mostly lag free games, still a little lag and the odd stutter but certainly better than before, lets just see if it lasts...

If it does thank you very much

• 46. Re: Are You Still Geting Major Lag?
    ghamorra

If it's our internet then why is it that my friend down the street can play together with his brother who's on an entirely different PS3 and not have problems yet when I'm on my PS3 being the only person in the house online I have issues.

The problems don't add up to the proposed solution

• 47. Re: Are You Still Geting Major Lag?

my internet is 100 mbps down, 5 mbps upload and this is the best internet you can get in belgium ! when i get a 4bar i habe lagg

• 48. Re: Are You Still Geting Major Lag?

TRY TO UTLISE YOUR RECOVERY MENU AND SEE IF THAT HELPS.

• 49. Re: Are You Still Geting Major Lag?

And what does the recovery menu have to do with this issue.