29 Replies Latest reply: May 18, 2012 3:42 PM by Bansal_1991 RSS

Connections last night were dreadful.

So connections last night were terrible, so Im thinking maybe my internet is acting up. I test my connection while the game is running: ping to 250 miles-18ms, jitter-1. 21 DL, 3.5 UL. So its not me, its just the game. It should be noted I never got a four bar connection the entire night, and was constantly behind the enemy team, getting shot around corners, etc. I think when I move shortly Im going to downgrade my internet for the first month and see just how much better the game plays.

Also, I am still looking for someone to give me an answer to why I cant get in 50ms lobbies in matchmaking anymore. I ping less than 50ms out to 1000 miles away from me. How can I not find a 50 ms lobby? NOTE: This (not finding 50ms lobbies, not the lag) only started after the latest matchmaking "update".

• Re: Connections last night were dreadful.
    nickpeck36

My internet is pretty good, more than what is needed to play games smoothly and I was having a few issues last night myself.  I had a few games that ran fine, then a handful or more that were all over the place.

I had so many people dead on with half a mag in them and nothing, it was so frustrating lol.  Oddly enough, over the weekend I had hardly any lag issues or anything (though I was playing on the ps3 mostly at that time).  It's so back and forth

zvers

Ive experienced both scenarios that you guy's have encountered. It drives me crazy when the game gets "bipolar" like that. <sigh> Nothing we can do about it at this time....The worst is when it's lagging and someone on the other team (who is obviously not having issues) is talking crap. That really grinds my gears!

ghorman

Two suggestions for you:

1.  Get better internet (just joking because you know someone had to say it)

2.  Move on from the COD series (my current choice) and wait for BLOPS 2

MW3 is broke and IMO thye are unable to fix it.

There are plenty of good titles being release that should hold you over until BLOPS 2.

1. Ghost Recon Future Soldier (May 22)

2.  Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (August)

3.  Halo 4 (Nov 6)

4. Black Ops 2 (Nov 13)

Ha yeah, Im mostly playing because I got suckered into Elite, so since the new content dropped Ive been on a tad. Ive been playing other games, including a competing product that doesnt have these major flaws, but had somewhat boring core gameplay. CoD is fast in your face, and other games just dont bring that.

Im just really confused as to how an "update" to a game, which was unreleated (supposedly) to lag comp/matchmaking (other than lock from games outside party leaders xbox region), can effect my connection playing solo.

Oh, and you forgot about minecraft just dropping for xbox.

ghorman

I didn't forget minecraft.  Its just not on my list must play list . This will sound nerdy but yeah we are on a video game forum right.  If you look fast pace shooters, take a look at the Transformers War for Cybertron or the new one in Sept (Fall of Cybertron).  The gameplay is fast pace and its class based which you can customized to your game style.

War of Cybertron has a demo on XBL but the current population level is low around 1000 players, but I have not problems finding TDM games.

Ill check it out. It used to be CoD stayed in the tray from November to November, to only be replaced by the newest installment. Now, Im playing games I wouldnt have tried, and have to say some of them are amazing.

On topic, still waiting for SOMEONE to explain to me why the "update" has phunked the game up so much? Why cant I get into 50ms lobbies anymore?

nickpeck36

Not sure, I noticed that when 50ms comes up it goes up to 75/100ms lobbies really quickly so for some reason I'm not getting into them either when I used to.  As long as that damn delay isn't hitting me I'll play it but when the curving around corner bullets happen left and right I leave.

Nubdub

Same here, nothing has changed about my connection and I am in the middle of the US and rarely if ever does it come up with an under 50ms lobby after a hotfix they did 2 weeks ago. I did notice though playing 1v1 games that a lot of times both players have 3 bars??????? And, the lag is exactly the same for 1 v 1 games as it is in ground war. Yet, developers are still claiming the issue has to do with people from many different internet providers playing together. I find it hard to believe they are that incompetent. Okay, maybe it's not that hard to believe. I play with a friend 30 miles away and either him or me is behind 1 second (depending on who it made host) in every game of 1 v 1 that have played.

nickpeck36

#1 LOL, so very true.

#2 I also have BLOP's so I just mess around on there without care of stats (I never played it until just recently)

As for the other games you listed:

1.  Didn't like the beta but I'm not really into 3rd person MP anyways.

2.  Loved that game but didn't play it's MP.  Can't wait for the next one!

3. It's on preorder

4. See #3

Also, just got Minecraft for the kids to play.  I have never paid attention to that game AT ALL since it came out, but after watching them I kinda want to play it now lol..grrrr  To many games to play and I just started Max Payne 3.

I've seen the rants re: lag on these boards for months and while things are clearly inconsistent at times, it generally hasn't bothered me too much.  Often I'd have bad and good matches within the same evening (potentially by me pulling host).

However, the last two nights have been unplayable.  I'm not sure if it has to do with the update/new maps or what, but wtf did they do this week to make it this bad?

I'm also supposedly in a 50 ping lobby with 4 bars. 

I hate to say this but since the recent updates (this one and the one previous)... my experience has gotten better.

Way less lag, even when I have a rag-tag group of rascals in my party.. this morning had one with peeps from NH, GA, AR, WY, WA and CA in it.

Still getting a game here and there of "aw, come on.." but in general a much better experience.

I really and sincerly wish this was the case for everyone else.  This game has become more fun for me in the past few weeks.

See, when I play in a party its with people from GA, NY, AZ, CA, TN, and sometimes Canadians. Even when just US players, connections are terrible. And now that I cant even get a good game solo...

Honestly, the game played its best for me at launch, and has gotten progressively worse each update. But lucky you that they sorted it out for ya.

kidmiestro

Not sure what you mean by last night because every single night/day is terrible.  The best part... wait for it...

I am either HOST every damned match or I am only able to get into a 150ms ping match.  Its awesome.

smokesdope

Xbox live where servicing their network yesterday at least in the Uk

Same here, last night was absolutely terrible. I should have known better. It truly is sad when you get online and you have a message telling you "don't play COD tonight, very laggy...just couldn't handle it".

Well..I played and 20 minutes later I was playing Trials Evolution, game is so addicting, lol.

What I don't understand is this:

I only play <50ms games. I almost always have a 4bar and am always about a second behind. But how can people in a <50 lobby have 3, 2 and even 1 bar? I've had games where I am not host, but I have the only 4 bar. I've played other games where everyone has a 3 bar. How is this possible?

CowboySr

Theres nights that grandma stevens 3 doors downs eats up my bandwidth watching midget prn, so I just log off until shes done.

GhostmanLoon wrote:

What I don't understand is this:

I only play <50ms games. I almost always have a 4bar and am always about a second behind. But how can people in a <50 lobby have 3, 2 and even 1 bar? I've had games where I am not host, but I have the only 4 bar. I've played other games where everyone has a 3 bar. How is this possible?

This game is screwed, that's how. I'm beginning to think that latency/ping and the sync issues are two completely different things. So you can be in a less than 50ms lobby, have a great connection, and still be synced a second behind.

Honestly I haven't really had a problem with "lag" in the general term. Sure people take way too many hitmarkers sometimes, and I get bad bullet lag occasionally but I can deal with that. Been playing online games on slow internet for 10 years now, I'm used to it. But what I CAN'T deal with is seeing everything happen a second too late. It's like when the countdown to start the match pops up, everybody's on 3 when I'm still on 4, and it carries through the rest of the match.

centcent

My connection is usually great (for MW3). Last night me and my friend were also having problems getting in a lobby. Today seems a lil slow but still working ok.

1. this new update has totally screwed me over I have not been playing too well. PS3 update 1.14 :@ I mean the update is trying to improve the whole lobby's gameplay. I weaker connection is dragging mine down. I know how to force host on MW3 and when ever before the update i was host I always had 4 bars but now being host I'm always on 3 bars like the rest and my KD has fallen to 1.8 this week
    1. this new update has totally screwed me over I have not been playing too well. PS3 update 1.14 :@ I mean the update is trying to improve the whole lobby's gameplay. I weaker connection is dragging mine down. I know how to force host on MW3 and when ever before the update i was host I always had 4 bars but now being host I'm always on 3 bars like the rest and my KD has fallen to 1.8 this week