6 Replies Latest reply: May 18, 2012 4:16 PM by nicedrewishfela RSS

In-Game Feedback Menu

capp00

I tweeted this to Vahn too. @vahn

Feature idea. In game community feedback menu. Currently you basically have to rely on the small population of the forums or the ranters on twitter.

So, how about a "poll" menu where you, as the developer, can pose a question, and the gamers can select from a list of preselected answers. No comment boxes because that's just asking for flaming.

That would allow for much greater responses to potential game changes/ideas, and not rely just on those of us on the internet who know where to look.

Example:

Main Menu -> Feedback

Q1) How do you feel about this weapons balance.

A) I think it is just fine the way it is.

B) Too much Recoil/Sway

C) Underpowered

D) Overpowered

Etc..

We select our option (or multiple options if deemed necessary for the topic), and you get your feedback from a massive scale, instead of the 0.1% on the forums/twitter.

1 vote only per question.

You get to see total number of participants in the question and a breakdown of choices.

Since the games already have Intel and News in the MP lobbies, talking about new maps/dlc, etc.. Just have it show up there like "New Community feedback poll <date>".

Thoughts?

• Re: In-Game Feedback Menu
    capp00

Moved this thread to the xbox forum from the main forum. Doesn't seem to be much traffic over there.

I posted it there because this idea would be something done cross-platform.

Anyway, what do you guys think?

otisman666

I hate to sound like a downer, but let's be honest with ourselves here.  The devs don't have a disgnated team that seeks community opinion.  They may claim they listen, but we have come too far for too long to know this to be false. 

Vahn tries to listen to the masses, but with so many mixed opinions, it is hard for him to actually come to any conclusions.  Random polls might make the public feel like they are having an impact though, kind of like the suggestion boxes thing we see.

rankismet

capp00 wrote:

I tweeted this to Vahn too. @vahn

Feature idea. In game community feedback menu. Currently you basically have to rely on the small population of the forums or the ranters on twitter.

So, how about a "poll" menu where you, as the developer, can pose a question, and the gamers can select from a list of preselected answers. No comment boxes because that's just asking for flaming.

That would allow for much greater responses to potential game changes/ideas, and not rely just on those of us on the internet who know where to look.

Example:

Main Menu -> Feedback

Q1) How do you feel about this weapons balance.

A) I think it is just fine the way it is.

B) Too much Recoil/Sway

C) Underpowered

D) Overpowered

Etc..

We select our option (or multiple options if deemed necessary for the topic), and you get your feedback from a massive scale, instead of the 0.1% on the forums/twitter.

1 vote only per question.

You get to see total number of participants in the question and a breakdown of choices.

Since the games already have Intel and News in the MP lobbies, talking about new maps/dlc, etc.. Just have it show up there like "New Community feedback poll <date>".

Thoughts?

I like it in concept... maybe integrate with Elite on the console?

I think this is a long term goal that they might have to integrate early in the dev cycle.

Seems like it would be beneficial to the Devs even if didn't directly change the current game. I figure it would help them keep up with what their fanbase wants and make changes accordingly or prepare for their upcoming game. Either way it seems like it would be worth it to implement something that is probably pretty inexpensive and could yield alot of feedback on how to keep your clients happy and spending money on your product.

nicedrewishfela

Don't think it needs to be in-game, but could see combining it with Elite. The Forums are intended for this very reason. It would be something, however, if the Devs came in here more and posted "Idea" discussions, getting feedback on existing issues or throwing ideas out there for possible future add ons to the game.