29 Replies Latest reply: May 21, 2012 4:08 PM by tuttutt RSS

Is Face-Off A Trap?

Noob_Lyncher

I just started hearing about people getting banned for boosting in Face-Off. I'm guessing that they're using it as a trap to catch all the boosters. I heard that a friend of a friend (some annoying douchebag with 50 days played) and his boosting buddy got reset. Pretty funny if it is a trap.

• Re: Is Face-Off A Trap?

lol, its most likely not a trap.

getting reset for being dumb can happen in any gametype

electricfuneralfire

If four friends can get in a public lobby and play 2 v 2 then it may very well be.

Noob_Lyncher

I don't know if they were playing 1v1 or not, but if they were boosting, they probably were. Think about it: They took it out of MW2 for boosting, and they bring it back now? Why? And people are already getting banned somehow for 1v1 boosting. Who reported them if it's only them? IW is trapping them. So much lulz.

starbuckfrack

Yep, your right. and the CIA invented drugs because the government wanted to arrest potheads and junkies.

But seriously they didnt make it to trap boosters. People had to pay for those maps that are good non cheating players. As well as the fact that they already have a system to catch boosters. As well as making those maps to catch boosters just adds to the workload.

But it must be true if you heard it from a freind of a freind that a person got banned for that. There is no hearsay in that whatsoever.

But for example in a 1on1 match if you got something like 5 headshots in one round I am very sure a red flag would go up on the account..

The funny thing is if you REALLY want to catch a booster then have Activision post a Petition to "keep XP/stats  in 1on1 games" and make sure they use their gamertag.. Everyone who signs the petition to KEEP XP/stats  in 1on1 games is automatically a booster  and gets banned from the game

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

It's not a trap but it's the first game type to use the automated banning system that catches boosters. I read about this somewhere and they are now working to get this system to work on other game types as well.

man I hope your right about the automated banning system, that would be amazing

=D

Noob_Lyncher

Was it on Twitter? I want to see this. Ought to be good to see how many people get banned if the system is automated.

starbuckfrack

Run_N_Gunning_Camper wrote:

It's not a trap but it's the first game type to use the automated banning system that catches boosters. I read about this somewhere and they are now working to get this system to work on other game types as well.

There is no auto ban system on Face off games. I am sure people like BanCandy would definitely get a laugh hearing that.

And it wont happen. Microsoft will not allow a ban from any game without human intervention.

the MOST they will ever get is like what they have now. For example if you get 20 plants nad defuses in one game then the system will send those details and a "link" to the game video in question. Then a PET member will watch the video or look up the full details.

and that is how it works now. Otherwise BanCandy would be elsewhere looking for work. it IS SEMI-automated to a point. Everyone knows that. Hence the advertisements for the anti cheat software.

The automated banning system IF it was real "has already failed" one person about a year ago went to the MS sites to post his innocence and he was unbanned from the game. A moderator on another COD forum had to look it up and fixed it. He didnt actually say he made a mistake but he did fix it.

So if you read about this somewhere then you got proof ?

Even the almighty owner of Xbox Live doesnt have nor ever will have an automated system. Human intervention is always the final step in the banning / reset process.

For example if someone "hides a curse word" in their Bio and put "Die all you b*tches" then the system will never be able to go thru all the iterations of the "spelling". you would have to manually type ever single one of the 7 to the 128 power iterations that b*tches would use. Hece you notice my word wasnt caught.

TL_Bare_B_V2

IW enforcement deffinatly play 2v2  I ran into @FlannaganTW and @Cpt_Rutger  the other day, they make a good team as wel.l

nicedrewishfela

I don't know if its a trap, but if they catch people doing it, well then, whoever got caught shouldn't have been boosting in the first place. You do it and get caught, take responsibility for it.

I was so disappointed in a guy on my Friends List tonight. I've played several games with him and know him to be a fair-play kind of teammate. He invited me into a party tonight with 4 others (causing me to accidentally quit the FaceOff game I was in...damn you "Join Party and Game" option!). When I got in there, they were talking about going into a FaceOff lobby... to boost. Sigh. I declined, told them I enjoy earning things and was not willing to boost for them, and left the party. Shatters my faith in humanity.

vims1990

Guy8915

Ive had 2 friends reset whilst boosting during 1 v 1 in different games and it was very quick to happen aswel which to me points to some kind of semi automated/highly monitered system

Noob_Lyncher

Check out what I found on IW's Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/dra1nag3/status/203654320535769088/photo/1

They're watching for boosters. "Oh lets look at the heat map. Hey, look at this one guy who died in 1 spot so many times."

starbuckfrack

No offense meant in my post but you know how rumors start. One person "mistakenly gets banned" and all the other boosters will jump on the "automated ban wagon".

Bancnady , for example, does a great job. I would hate to see her Inbox get filled with 1 million more "The automated system banned me" on top of her other work.

She once told me that when the "video glitch" was around tons of players who were totally banned from the game were claiming the video glitch reset them ??? (I know that statement doesnt make sense but that was what she read from people )

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

Speaking of boosting, I really don't understand the need to boost. Is KDR really that important to the kiddies? What's with the fascination with a high KDR? It seems like it has turned into a blind obsession to some.

smokesdope

Yeah a lot of boosters tried to jump on that wagon . But they aren't stupid every ban/ reset has the reason why they where banned it would have been easy to find the legit ones from the chancers but time consuming.

Also there isn't a automated banning system as a human needs to check that the ban is legit. But there will be a flagging system so finding the boosters is a lot easier .

tallowby

So they banned 1,500 boosters in Face Off already..... Definitely appears to have met our expectations for attracting boosters out of other game modes.

Great job IW..... Shoot for 15,000 by the end of the month.

What are they banning for doing challenges or just people doing free kills?

Curious if a friend wants to complete a challenge we go 1v1 and he gets it is that what they looking for?

JDX

flag = false;

If (me->successful_insertions == me->deaths || me->successful_insertions == other->kills) {

flag = true; //Checks if successful spawned tactical insertions equal deaths or kills.

} else if (me->headshots == other->deaths || me->headshots == me->kills) {

flag = true; //Checks if headshots are the only thing happening.

} else if (game->mode == GameMode::KC && me->kills > 20 && me->confirms < 5) {

flag = true; //Checks if you have a large # of kills but almost no confirms.

} else if (me->total_movement < 100.0f && me->deaths > 14) {

flag = true; //Checks if minimal movement was made but at least 15 deaths were performed.

}

A simple check like that could easily find the majority of Face Off Boosters.