21 Replies Latest reply: Jul 30, 2012 5:18 AM by HEREIAMNOW RSS

Extreme Spawnkilling Aground

Hello,

To start off: I already sent a message to bancandy <- this is not intended to get these lamers banned faster but just to show what could happen in Aground. I hope it will be fixed as soon as possible, that's why I post it!

I was playing 2v2 with my friend on Aground where after 2 minutes we kept getting spawnkilled by the other 2.

We kept spawning at the same 2 places on the map (the 2 actual starting positions).

Here is a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tH_00X8FXs

Do you understand this? I have spawned on other places except for those 2, but still the game continues to see that position as the ideal spawn... That's not logic nor can there be an explanation for it. Just change it please.

• Re: Extreme Spawnkilling Aground
    TheCampingRusher

i wouldnt ban or punish them. but it is so stupid the spawns on that, there should be 2 on either end of the ship and 2 on the sides and maybe a couple more if its too risky. iv been spawn killed many times and killed fresh spawners. and spawne dbehind a sniper on top of the ship countless times, the rest of the maps are ok in termes of spawning

Noob_Lyncher

I just found out that you can also spawn kill in Domination on Underground. You just have to take C and B, and trap the enemy at A. If you stand in the part of the subway close to the middle stairs, you can actually watch people spawn at the stairs at the end of the subway. I can't believe I never saw that before.

nicedrewishfela

I don't think they can be banned for that.... it just makes them low-lifes.  The irony is... its Kill Confirmed and they never went back and snatched your tags. I honestly didn't think they would spawn you on your tags... so unless they somehow hacked the game to make that happen, shame on the Devs for allowing the coding to make that happen. To me it appeared they knew to look for you there, so either they discovered this glitch earlier or they were up to no good.

I don't understand the mentality of Spawn Campers or Trappers. Its one of those elements in this game that don't make sense to me. You think it shows skill to kill someone who is helpless? Someone who gets placed into a map and has no control over where they are put? Someone who can't fight back? Maybe I should just get you a barrel full of fish, and you could shoot them instead, it would be the same sort of challenge.

That being said, it wouldn't happen if the game wasn't designed to allow it to happen. I am hoping that future versions of the game loses this crappy mechanic. Being an idiot will never be cured, so as long as the game continues to allow this to happen, the idiots will take advantage of it so they can brag about their K/D and claim what "smart" players they are. No wonder people are dashboarding and quitting more than ever.

couldnt agree more

ap0stl3

I completely agree the spawns SHOULD NOT work like that.  I also agree with you that simply shooting someone as they spawn does not take any skill.  That being said, you and your teammate must have lost the initial few battles to allow your opponents to get you in that spawn position.  That's how all spawn trapping works.  You lose the opening few skirmishes and now you are spawn trapped.  So in a sense, they outplayed you in the opening minutes to get you into that trap  And while it may not take skill to kill off the spawn, I as well as many others only care about winning.  And if that is the easiest way to win a particular game, it will be done.

I will agree with you, on the point to play to win.  Using tactics and strategies, and outplay your opponents.  But to play like a spinless human being, when this is a form of entertainment wow, some of these people need a life.

ap0stl3

Lol.  "Spineless human being"?  Not quite an applicable choice of words.  But nevertheless, like I said, when the game first starts, you are not spawn trapped.  If you lose the first couple fights to become spawn trapped, that is not the fault of the spawn trappers.  If you really don't like it, quit.  I don't lose ANY respect for people who quit when I'm spawn trapping them.  I understand it may not be fun and not worth their time.  I get that.  But I'm not going to stop shooting and let them run away.  I'm trying to win a game and I'm going to do it as quickly and efficiently as possible.  If you don't like it, quit.  I won't feel any differently about the opponent either way.

MaxKirgan

I think this game was designed this way. They did it to appeal to a certain audience just like thye purposely put quicksoping in. Why else hasn't it been fixed yet? Just like the Lag Comp. Designed that way. And the devs don't like when we disagree with their design decisions. Just look no further than the recent rumblings on the board over Face-off mode.

How is that fun, at all, for either party?

If you enjoy doing that TO someone... take a long look in the mirror.  You've got some issues.

If you let someone do that to you... why?  I'd let that happen exactly three times, then I'd be gone.

I understand the point that if it's in the game and it helps you win to spawn trap... but how can that even feel like a victory?

There are 5 spawns on 'Aground'. They put claymores next to 2 of the spawns which will block you from spawning there, there is also a spawn on the broken ship but since he was next to it, you could only spawn in those 2 places.

The spawns on aground are ridiculous.  Even in 1v1 if you stand at the bottom of the boat they are forced to spawn in the cave.  Just make it so spawns are RANDOM!!!! That way they dont know that if they stand on this ONE SPOT, that the dude they kill is going to spawn in front of them!  I dont understand why they even have EXACT spawns, it should just be random.  With an equation based on where the other guys are, where your team is, minimum distance from death, and minimum distance from kill.  WTF is this so difficult sledgehammer?!?!?!?!

viper359

What do you expect from a group of monkeys sitting at a keyboard coding this game. No one with any skill clearly did it. If its not the spawn issue, its the lag comp, or enter glitch of the week here. These bunch of fools that desgined this game are pathetic. No other words can describe the sheer steamy pile of dung this game, and elite, is, and will become.

starbuckfrack

viper359 wrote:

What do you expect from a group of monkeys sitting at a keyboard coding this game. No one with any skill clearly did it. If its not the spawn issue, its the lag comp, or enter glitch of the week here. These bunch of fools that desgined this game are pathetic. No other words can describe the sheer steamy pile of dung this game, and elite, is, and will become.

And here you STILL are hanging around on this forum digging up two month old topics complaining about the game.

Bet you will still buy the next one too and complain about that one.

How come people still complain about the spawns and never learn how to overcome them? I suck at the game but yet have never gotten spawn trapped.

HEREIAMNOW

Don't spawn right away.  Let the game spawn you in, if that doesnt work, spawn with a riot shield.  It sucks, but maybe this will throw them off their game a little?

I spawn with a riot shield when people see my tac, that catches them off guard.