19 Replies Latest reply: May 23, 2012 7:18 AM by M0N6Y RSS

FACE OFF SUCKS

Sandy_Eggo

how do you come out with something brand new and it's complete $hit...Hit Detection is even worse in this game type i literally put a full clip into a enemy and they just wont die..Spawns are even worse i don't even know how when theres only 3 enemies at the most can't be to hard to find a spot where there isnt a person on the other team..i kill an enemy he spawns right by me instead of spawning on the other side of the map....worse game type ever made

• Re: FACE OFF SUCKS
    CowboySr

Initial spawn picture for Face off the game and movie.

Funny how the enemy is so fast to sight you and locate you even in perfect hiding.I give this a negative rating for fun.

nicedrewishfela

I've had some enjoyable games, but once again my opinion is starting to change after some recent experiences. Got into several games today with corner campers. And before the flamers start blasting me, yes I move tactically, yes I check my corners, and no I don't run around the board blindly. I do keep moving however, and try to hunt down the enemy. Its ridiculous, however, playing one other person who buries themselves in a bush or a dark corner and just waits for someone to walk by. Not sure where the fun in that is, and it made for some boring matches. Plus, nothing is more frustrating than getting a clipful of bullets into an opponent sitting in a corner, only to have them kill you anyways. I personally find it sad that people play this way, but whatever. So my first 3 matches went this way, corner camping or head-glitching to get cheap victories on me. The next match I played I won handily, to the guy's credit he didn't quit but wasn't too bright either. He, too, sat in one spot the whole match, but I kept finding him and killing him from behind. The next match I got in with a guy and we had what I thought was a competitive match. He was camping pretty heavily in the center building on Erosion, but once I got up 2 kills... yep, you guessed it he Dashboarded.

Other matches have frustrated me because of the unbalanced weapons. I played a match with an M4A1, and would constantly get entire clips full of hitmarkers only to get killed by a few shots from the other guy's P90. Or engaging an enemy through a doorway, firing at their angle of entry only to have them magically warp through the door unscathed for the insta-kill. Its so sad, really. It has the potential to be such a fun game mode, but its brought down by poor game mechanics and the ridiculous tactics of the community.

I've had a lot of fun with the Faceoff 2v2 matches when I've had a friend for a team mate. There have been a lot of matches where it has been thoroughly enjoyable in comparison to the constant camping that is seen in most other playlists whereas in the Faceoff rushing is actually a very strong play style. I've also gotten into a number of matches where everyone was looking to quick scope and it basically became an entire game of just messing around and having fun. It really depends on who you are playing with and what it is you are looking to get from the playlist that determines whether or not you enjoy your time in it. Especially after you consider that the first two maps were free, you really can't complain about what we as a community have been given.

This is 2v2, how can the spawns be this bad in a 2v2.

Face off is the lamest game mode ever!..They just keep making Call of Duty more for Campers

It's CoD, what did you think you were going to get quality?

That was a typo

YOU SUCK

Sandy_Eggo

i suck? i suck because i put a full clip into a enemy and they won't die? i suck because i kill a enemy and he spawns right next to me so it's a easy payback kill ok i really really suck then

I suppose it does depend who you get matched up with, I have not really come up against any campers yet and have really enjoyed 2v2.  I even got put in with a random and ended up having some great matches against 2 guys we got put with  and we just stayed playing for quite a while.

I also love it when its a really close match and you get down to the last couple of kills, gets the adrenaline going .

elblandie

I agree with the OP. The game format COULD be really good, but Aground is a terrible map design - it almost encourages people to camp, especially on the corner of the walkway along the side of the map to the ship. I do think the 3v3 makes it a better experience, but then it's getting close to Team Tactical.

Shame, but I do think they've misjudged how these maps would play out.

i agree face off is stupid

1v1 ohh lets boost with a friend

2v2 ahh lads want to boost in a 2v2?

3v3 oh lets just camp and they can come get us which they wont cuz we can just hide and kill.

If you think it sucks, here is a crazy thought, DON'T PLAY IT.

codchamp

I played 3 vs 3 lastnight for the first time. I have to say it is not that bad. The only issue i really see are the spawns. The maps are small and it will literally spawn a enemy right next to you.

CowboySr

I played 3v3 yesterday and will never play it again. I didnt think that taking half the people out of a game would create worse spawns, but I was wrong. One out of every3 deaths respawns you in someones crosshairs or within stabbing distance. This is the worst game mode ever put into existence. The people that created this shot be lined up on a wall and executed.

Lovin Faceoff for the most part...spawns work for me (in that example vid above, the guy spawned right in front  of you, miss that bro?) and I love the action. I play a camp and move game for the mpost part, but, I must admit, there are some tasty spots to stop and assess the sitch, quasi - camp or whatever.

Besides, what is camping anyways?

The guy in the corner is no worse than the sniper (glorified camper) parked on the opposite side of the small map, picking you off.