2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 13, 2012 3:27 PM by simos_78 RSS

Latest PS3 Update INCREASED lag and now playing in more lobbies from other countries?????

libertyloudspeaker

Live in Michigan.  Premium (top of the line) Comast Cable Internet.  PSN (PS3).  NAT type: Open.

Before this update I would normally get into games with <50 ping (top right corner of screen) as it searches for games.  NOW AFTER UPDATE I always end up in a <75 or <100 ping games.  Oddly enough many of them seem to live in another country.  I thought latest update was to make things more local?

I am getting near the point where I may decide to find another FPS series other than COD to play daily because the fun factor has dimished significantly.

Ping test 300 miles away is below:  Pingtest rated it as an "A".

http://www.pingtest.net/result/63221928.png

My internet ping test appears to be excellent, yet after this update has been made much worse with "screen jumping" and also seem to be playing with more people from other countries!

• Re: Latest PS3 Update INCREASED lag and now playing in more lobbies from other countries?????
    darwin67

This game has become near un-playable....the lag is absurd, and yes I too have noticed that I'm regularly ending up in lobbies of far off places...very bizarre. I attempted to play MP today and finally gave up and moved back to Spec Ops...tomorrow, ghost recon comes out and MW3 will be shelved.

• Re: Latest PS3 Update INCREASED lag and now playing in more lobbies from other countries?????

After the latest patch the game has gone from bad to total garbage!! They say they fixed the matchmaking, but what they mean is that they tottaly ****** it up!

Before the update i could usually get into a game with 75ms or 100ms, now its 125ms or 150ms or merge lobbies.

We're talking about instant deaths, before u actually see the other player you're dead!!

At least with the new super updated matchmaking system i get to play with people all over the world germans, italians, english, spanish, americans, turkish, arabs all hapilly killing each other in one freakin lobby!!

I believe that infinity ward is trying to unite the world so we can all play together!!

Of cource there a massive lag issue but who cares?? As long as we're united