11 Replies Latest reply: May 23, 2012 5:14 PM by ogmantis RSS

On tonights domination clan op..............

ogmantis

So, i was wondering how many clans out there tonight got asked by other clans ...........to *cooperate*..........and nobody kill eachother and keep trading flags................We were asked to do this atleast 6 times during the clan op................ACTIVISION CAN YOU GET ANY STUPIDER?  This is boosting cheating......whatever you want to call it...........We dropped out on each one that asked us that. Clan CFWU, (can't f*** with us)  AND CLAN W/N were 2 that i can remember.......when we told clan cfwu they risk being deleted, they said that's ok we'll make another. Geez activision get off ur azz and ban these people.

• Re: On tonights domination clan op..............
    Izjar11

wow, never heard of that, but people come up with all kinds of scemes. Why would you guys back out? Should have fought these dudes till they left.

Here's an idea:

Whey should release a playlist labeled "Clan Operations" or "Lone Wolf Operations" so they who's those participating. They would also keep track of players this way, to know who's cheating or exploiting the Operations.

To be honest I was one of I think 9 banned in the first game alone.  Yes I 'boosted' but I only had 40 seconds to think about it and made the decision to 'cooperate' when asked to do so by the other team.  I did it the first two games and then it got boring and we started playing normal.  I wasn't thinking and it was an honest mistake.  In all the years I've been playing these games with the same account I've never been suspended or anything.

I think reseting the account for someone who made an innocent mistake once is DRASTIC.  Especially for a clan ops that is so flawed that it encourages taking and letting go of flags when that's not the game (ie: 'boosting'). I think it would be much more reasonable to make resetting accounts a 2nd offense action and a 1st offense of suspending the account for a week or so. 

So by your definition, if I boost (even if once) I should be excused? Follow the rules of the game and stop cheating/boosting/exploiting the game's mechanics. Also, the Clan Operations aren't flawed, it's the players who are trying to abuse the system.

Please understand that I'm not asking to be excused.  I'm just saying that I think it's too harsh to reset someone's account for a first offense.  I can honestly say that a 2 week or even a 1 day suspension would have caused me to not do that again.  I know someone who got suspended for 2 weeks (his account was left intact) in Black Ops 2 for having an offensive emblem.  Even though he didn't get his account reset he still fixed it as soon as he could play again. 

In a real world comparison, resetting an account after a first offense is like taking away someones car for doing a 'rolling stop' at a stop sign.  Should the person get a ticket?  YES.  Should the person get the car taken away for good?  I personally don't think so...

I gaurantee that 50% of the Gold tier winners for Domination do that. I've seen it, too.

To add back-up to that theory, why do you think they took the leaderboards down?

So no-one can check up on the other clans and complain when they find mistakes that the dev's didn't. I'm sure that if the gamers did a better job, and there were boosters every time, like we all know there are, then there would most definitely be grounds for a lawsuit.

Excellent point but I would say easily more than that but the domination clan ops encourages it.  For someone not up on the rules, it might make sense to do that during a clan ops when you definitely wouldn't under normal domination.

The bottom line is if you're playing with your clan who can hold down 2 flags without giving them up the entire game, guess what...you won't have much of a chance at the domination clan ops.

ogmantis

Knowing it's wrong and able to correct yourself is one thing, sure i would give a warning the first time if i personally knew the person and knew they'd change, but you are one in 100,000 that get caught and mean to change afterward. 90 percent of the people who do this boosting do it and dont care if they get caught or not. Unfortunately you have to go by the majority which in this case is.............idiots. The sad part is beachhead and activision know it's going on, and they still won't ban the ones accountable. The whole domination clan op is a complete joke.