37 Replies Latest reply: May 23, 2012 3:30 PM by Adeeez100 RSS

spawn trapping in domination

i play with a clan that likes to spawn trap in domination. this involves taking 2 points and then not advancing any further on the map forcing the enemy to spawn at their one point. this causes the enemy to have to run out to you and straight down your sights. on some maps it's impossible to break out of a spawn trap.

i think this breaks the game, and something should be done about it, like moving the line on the map that when you cross it causes the enemy to spawn all over much further back, like past the "b" point on most maps. this way you can't camp at the midpoint of a map and have them spawn in front of you. you could either camp at your middle point and defend it while the enemy spawns from every direction or pull back from your middle point leaving it undefended and have the enemy spawn on the opposite side of the map.

i know on one particular map you can actually watch the enemies spawning, it's the one with the broken overpass. if they are trapped in "a" there is no way to escape.

• Re: spawn trapping in domination
    Noob_Lyncher

It's always possible to break out of a spawn trap. Your team just has to not suck.

Noob_Lyncher wrote:

It's always possible to break out of a spawn trap. Your team just has to not suck.

Not in MW3 against a 'team that doesnt suck'. I seriously can't believe how many maps in MW3 there is significantly one side which is easier/WAY easier that the other. e.g. Maps like Mission (C) /Arkaden (A) /Bakara (C) / Village (C) are just a huge advantage to start that side.

Its not great but in MW3 if one guys pushes even slightly to far its all crazy spawn wise.

Noob_Lyncher

The only maps I see that are one-sided are Mission, Arkaden, and Bootleg.

Noob_Lyncher wrote:

The only maps I see that are one-sided are Mission, Arkaden, and Bootleg.

Village, start at A... By the time you get out the cave to anywhere they have C and B. Bakara, A is the same. Any map if you have been truly 'Spawn trapped' you wont get anywhere near anything... Regardless of how good you are.

Noob_Lyncher

People get out. It's called not rushing blindly into enemy fire. You have to creep around corners and such. Silencers also help.

You really wont get out if you play 6 people in a party. You can creep all you like but we know all 4 routes and have every one covered. This is spawn trapping, silencers and slow play will not help you, thats just the way it is... As I said MW3 is more unpredictable... Crazy spawns.

If you do get past one, I give you 5 secs until 3 more rush you to crap. I've literally seen games on Sabotage where the people are positioned behind every enemy spawn, spawn... die... Not time to even turn.

I for one play the strategy of holding down 2 points, why not - its too erratic otherwise. This means you win and get the kills.

Noob_Lyncher

If you've got a full good team that communicates, you can get out. You just have to be able to win a gunfight with the person watching you're route, and silencers keep you off the radar when you're near their flag. I've gotten out of so many traps like clockwork by doing that. You just have to have skill and patience.

And Sabotage doesn't count because the spawns there are terrible. Have you seen Sabotage on Mission? It's almost as bad as Demolition on Jungle in Black Ops.

zero7272

Yeap he is right, i play with my clan most of the time but when i do get into the mood i just lone wolf it i do this basically the build my KD and just have fun in the process, but one piont i would like to make is that when indeed you are spawn trapped with randoms the worst thing you can do is hunker down at the flag, that is what alot of people do when that happens.

The only thing your doing there is helping the enime team enforce the trap, my best advise when ever they have you spawn trapped is too RUSH'EM and just remeber where you got killed from, the trapper is most likely stationary, toss that nade in his face chuck that rpg at mellon throw the riot sheild at him if you have too (i mean it just take it and hurdel at him)but dont just sit there your are already trapped your going to have multiple casualties might as well rush em straight up. I will not go down with a fight. The Spartans mentality.

Thats my opinion.

Its always been that way with Dom. Cap 2, camp the the last. but thanks to IW's wonderful Spawn system, Ive actually spawned right behind my attacker. Not around the corner, or a few feet away, but right behind him.

Well, it is called "DOMINATION". The goal is to "dominate" the other team and hold down 2 or more capture zones. Since you only need to hold down 2 spots to win, spawn trapping isnt unfair at all. What would be unfair is if they did what you said and spawn them all over the place just because theyre being dominated in a game of DOMINATION.

Spawn trapping is just an exploit of the spawn system they should just reset anyone who spawn traps seriously it's impossible to get out of spawn traps it ruins the game it takes no skill to spawn trap all you have to do is point and aim at the spawn that their coming out of. I think spawn trapping in any game mode including FFA should get people banned then reset because it's no better then boosting. Spawn trapping is just boosting with the unwilling. And all the people who keep saying it takes a lot of skill to spawn trap explain to me why your trying to defend it so much? It's because you don't want your easy kills taken away from you and because you don't wanna have to adapt to the game and use actual tactics or skill and the people who say it's easy to get out of a spawn trap perhaps you would be willing to show proof because if not all it means is your defending your easy kills too. If IW won't fix their spawn system they should start banning all the people who spawn trap and spawn camp.

opb81

The only map that has a huge disadvantage to one spawn is the Village A spawn. The spawns can be easily flipped on village though, Most teams take A then try to push C from the right side (coming from the a flag) The key on Village when starting at A is take A then have all players push to B/C from the left side this occupies the original spawn for the team that started on the b/c side and causes the spawns to flip quickly and without feeding tons of free kills. However that takes team work and unless you are playing with a party most fall into the same trap.

ghorman

You guys need to read this thread. Ban candy pretty much said spawn trapping is bannable.

http://www.callofduty.com/thread/200427391?tstart=0

codchamp

Sorry but there is no possible way to spawn trap in domination. It is called holding your objectives. Anyone with half a brain knows that this is how domination is played 95% of the time with a skilled team.

In domination the objective is to win the game. It is also the objective to hold the opposing team back. Holding the enemey to 1 flag and keepig them from leaving there spawn is NOT bannable. There is no way possible to spawn kill the enemey, by getting to far into there spawn it will force the spawns to flip. We are not talking about a game mode that has fixed spawns like demolition use to in Blops or MW2.

These are the reasons why i refuse to play domination with random players. They do not understand the concept on how to play the game mode. running like a chicken with your head cut off and triple capping is not a good way to play. This constantly forces the enemey to spawn behind you and will generally cause you a loss or un needed deaths.

Noob_Lyncher

Holding the objective in Domination is just a longer way of saying spawn trapping. Most idiots who think  spawn trapping is bad are thinking of spawn killing, which is different.

JBurn244

codchamp wrote:

Sorry but there is no possible way to spawn trap in domination. It is called holding your objectives. Anyone with half a brain knows that this is how domination is played 95% of the time with a skilled team.

In domination the objective is to win the game. It is also the objective to hold the opposing team back. Holding the enemey to 1 flag and keepig them from leaving there spawn is NOT bannable. There is no way possible to spawn kill the enemey, by getting to far into there spawn it will force the spawns to flip. We are not talking about a game mode that has fixed spawns like demolition use to in Blops or MW2.

These are the reasons why i refuse to play domination with random players. They do not understand the concept on how to play the game mode. running like a chicken with your head cut off and triple capping is not a good way to play. This constantly forces the enemey to spawn behind you and will generally cause you a loss or un needed deaths.

It may not be "bannable" but its extremely douchy to the level it can get to with A Dom on Interchange, if the other team is a party and communicating and their only goal is to spawn trap at A.

Get spawn trapped at A on Interchange with the other team ALL head gliching/hard scoped behind cover at every possible escape route; with constant air strikes, Reapers, and AC-130s in the air. Then come back say "oh its easy to break out of, just don't suck"

codchamp

But there is nothing cheap, nooby or banable about it. it has always worked this way in domination in EVERY cod game. In fact this is the easiest game to flip spawns on compared to any other cod game. this is a main reason why people party up in MP games. To control the game, map and win.

As for interchange, it is not unlike any other map in this game. it can be done with ease in every other map...and yes you can get out with ease in interchange, you just have to know what you are doing. Running head first over and over into the enemey giving him KS's is not the way.

JBurn244

It's exploitative and douchy beyond a certain point, that's my opinion. That 'point' to me is when its not about a team winning a game of Domination, its about exploiting a flawed game mechanic to get high kill counts. When you are scoped in with a sniper rifle and literally picking off enemies as they materialize out of thin air, that's busch league. Maybe you have to be good enough to get the enemy in that position to begin with, but c'mon. You could destroy that team no matter where they were going if that's the case.

I love Domination and playing the objective just as much as the next guy, but I'm not sure how one breaks out of that scenario "with ease".

codchamp

I did not come here to fight with you and everyone has there own opinon on how to play.

Do you have to play against bad players to make this happen? No you do not. It happens against full parties all the time.

When i say with ease, i mean it. There are things in this game to help with your game play.

Tactical insertion- i unlocked this early on with a token. It is your best friend when playing objective game modes. As soon as i get near a objective i intend on holding, i lay my tac insertion down in a covered area. I also use my TI anytime going up against a full team just to prevent a spawn lock against me.

Sit rep- This again is a great perk. It highlights any motion sensors, claymores and Tac insertions that the enemey may use against you to lock the spawn.

Rockets and Grenade launchers- If all else fails, tube your way out. This combined with sit rep will prevent the spawn killer from Tac inserting and will free up your exit from your spawn.

Last but not least. I run hardline with assault Killstreaks. I tend to save my streaks until i am comfy in the game. If i get locked, then i predator or reaper my way out.

So if you put some thought into your gameplay, you yourself can make it very hard to have this happen to you. If it does and all this fails, then you are playing against a good team and deserve it in the end.

grif77775

unless where you're aiming is exactly where the other spawns I don't see a problem with it. If you are looking down an alley and they are spawning round the corner this is fine because in order for players to improve they have to play in situtions where you are at a disadvanage.

This type of gameplay allows for player improvement as well as forcing team work, If the other team doesn't react to sitution and the players act like 6 lone wolfs instead of a team they deserve what get. There is plenty of equipment in mw3 to help a team break a spawn trap but if they don't want to use it, then tough, you deserve to lose and lose badly

drwicid

so it's ok because you are aiming a few feet to the right or left of where they spawned and are kind enough to let them take a few steps to the corner before you pick them off....essentially still in their spawn...  ha!

grif77775

if you can see where they spawn IE they will appear there then no it's not ok, but if they have cover you can't see them appear then yes it is ok.

Smoke nades, flashes, stun can all be used to break a spawn trap if you work together as a team. If you play as 6 ramdom guys while the other team works together you deserve to lose.

Like I said if you don't want to the equipment thats designed to help thats fine, but you can't complain about spawn trapping when you chose not to do anything about it

King_Nemba

I have to disgree that spawn trapping is pretty much impossible against people who know what they're doing. I am a decent player and I like playing against people who spawn trap just to drop their kd's as much as possible, but when you play with those who suck it's nearly impossible to get out of it. These people just sit in one spot.

It DOES ruin gameplay especially when I spend my time getting objectives and then running around getting kills. I could spawn trap, but that's an element of the game I don't want to participate in because it does ruin gameplay. I mean it's easy if you have a team and watch vids on it.

What would be awesome is someone who could make a tutorial on how to counteract spawn trapping. Obviously there are steps to take to spawn trap, their must be secrets to get out of them besides running around randomly taking them out one-by-one, especially when they use TI's.

AsmodeousNZ87

I play with a very good dom clan, they spawn trap and tripple cap. A on interchange is a prety lethal spawn trap but i have broken out against my own clan playing in a full party.

The game is not broken for being able to spawn trap because you can allways get out just have to think hard about it.

But the game is broken in the way that on some of these maps you can "spwan camp" wherin you can watch the enemy spawn and die.

So i have no issue with spawn trapping and map control thats the benifit of good teamwork and can be broken by organised players but "spawn camping" where they spwan and die instantly is not cool and needs to be adressed in this game. Specifically spawns for CTF on hardhat dome etc if these havent already been adressed

AsmodeousNZ87

Also your all comenting on A on interchange i think A on mission is worse and the worst is village, All you do is triple cap and then stay out of the caves they will spawn there the whole game

How do you think these "quickscopers" get thier "mean feeds bro" i dont quickscope unless its like a panic quickscope walking round a corner and someones in my face and purely by luck i kill them when i shuldnt, but i have hardscoped quad colats on that map plenty of times, all i did was go to the far lside of the cave with a triple cap and aim up there.

I think that this is by far the worst trap (although you do get cover from air support)

Spawn trapping should have no part in cod moving forward, in my opinion. Can we not use a similar system to bf. Actually i'm not sure it is possible and i am sure someone will put me right.