39 Replies Latest reply: Jul 16, 2012 4:03 PM by Special_Op RSS

Was the MP7 Nerfed recently ????

Special_Op

I have noticed that my K/D with the MP7 has dropped dramatically. Did they change the specs to this gun?? I am not the only one in my clan to have noticed this decline. I just havent read anything in regards to this. Also since when can a sghotgun kill you with one shot from a buildings distance away???  Looking for honest answers, if you have one, please reply back

Thanks

• Re: Was the MP7 Nerfed recently ????
    vims1990

No change has been made to the MP7.

Also since when can a sghotgun kill you with one shot from a buildings distance away???

Proof or GTFO

Oh, you mean the noob gun that everyone uses, thats has zero recoil and an absurd fire-rate?

As to the shotgun, I always chock it up to range or damage proficiency. I haven't noticed any marked difference to the MP7, but the quality of connections this last week might come into play. I know when I have a shite connection, every weapon has a new learning curve to adjust to.

DaShuk2381

Shotguns with range proficiency(especially the USAS-12) can kill from a good bit away, but boy is it a freaking root canal trying to get there with the guns leveling them up. As for the MP-7, personally I suck with it. I'll get 6-7 hit markers with it and then get stabbed in the knee or one shotted after the guy should be dead. I don't think it was nerfed as everyone and their sister still uses it since it's just as good as a sniper rifle or AR from distance with the non-existent recoil. I think you might just be having tough games/bad connection and that's why you've noticed a drop. Personally my k/d has tanked this week from .95 to .90 after I had been trending upwards a while. I will literally go 17 and 4 and then turn around and go 3 and 16 the next game. It's like this last patch broke the game worse.

I thought about this too, and it might be true but so far I believe its just lag.

Thesandman

Is it not the case that everyones using it now and it doesnt seem as good as it was? ive noticed that with every weapon i use.

Snipingdbag

I got 3, 50 plus games in my last 3 games using it. Doubt it got nerfed.

Special_Op

Thanks for your answers, It definitely must be my connection then... I have a very good internet connection. 30 up/ 30 down and it seems I am picked as a host more than 70% of the time lately...actually since the 1.10 patch..

I shut off the Recording mode because I heard it may help my connection while being the host. I will be sure and turn it on so I can record the ridiculous distance a 1 shot kill can be attained with a Shotgun..  Its funny how you can be called a camper if for that moment you got killed while your regenerating your health or reloading while you sought protection..  I for 1 can not stand playing a game where the whole team your facing is just camped out behind every blind corner.  Its kind of hard to justify someone as camping if you get the accolade NOMAD after most games.. 

thanks

Snipingdbag

I know what you mean, I host a lot. I play with theater off and a lower mtu standard (1400 in the ps3 network setting) and hosting with the mw3 ports open is Ok then, unless there are a lot of laggy 3 bar players. Stuttering still comes and goes though.

Just disable upnp in your ps3 network settings and remove any ports forwarding / dmz setup to get a moderate nat, you won't host then.

On shotguns, they really are not that good. I get the occasional great long range kill, but you need to be dead on and you likely already had taken damage. Range is fun on them, but they really are very inconstant with range on.

Special_Op

Snipingdbag wrote:

I know what you mean, I host a lot. I play with theater off and a lower mtu standard (1400 in the ps3 network setting) and hosting with the mw3 ports open is Ok then, unless there are a lot of laggy 3 bar players. Stuttering still comes and goes though.

Just disable upnp in your ps3 network settings and remove any ports forwarding / dmz setup to get a moderate nat, you won't host then.

On shotguns, they really are not that good. I get the occasional great long range kill, but you need to be dead on and you likely already had taken damage. Range is fun on them, but they really are very inconstant with range on.

Thanks, I do have Port Forwarding set up...could you PM me what you have for connections......Also When I was killed by the 1 shot from a buildings distance away the opponent used a spas and I had just respawned (no health issues) . This person killed me several other times before I could get a shot off. He either was incredibly accurate or had some aim assist going,  or Lag Comp was really bad and he was just seeing me before I could physically see him.. Regardless, The shotgun should be a short range gun, but deadly at short range...   Special_Op  is my name here  or PSN is SPECIAL-OPS-07   thanks for your help

Snipingdbag

I have 50-3 Internet on my ps3 that's about 40-2.5 I believe. Sounds to me like you had latency issues / lag comp. Shotguns insta-kill cqb with damage *still get strange hitmarkers, but overall smgs with rf are easier to use there too. If they couldn't two hit kill mid range and get the occasion decent long range shot (generally on damaged ppl) they would be useless. Do you have a higher k/d with the spas or mp7?

Special_Op

Snipingdbag wrote:

I have 50-3 Internet on my ps3 that's about 40-2.5 I believe. Sounds to me like you had latency issues / lag comp. Shotguns insta-kill cqb with damage *still get strange hitmarkers, but overall smgs with rf are easier to use there too. If they couldn't two hit kill mid range and get the occasion decent long range shot (generally on damaged ppl) they would be useless. Do you have a higher k/d with the spas or mp7?

I never use the shotguns. With my being host I dont stand a chance unless the person had their back to me. I have found what works best now is using extended mags  and literally spraying my opponent from side to side. When I was aiming directly at the person my chance of getting a kill was diminished.. I am going to disable Plug and Play and my Port Forwarding before I play tonight and see if there is a difference. My style of play in Run and flank. Most games I am on the positive side of the K/D battle, tho that isnt what satisfies me. I dont get mad when a player kills me when I have a fair chance or if I get sniped because I walked into his sightline. Its when your shooting an opponent before they have begun to shoot and they kill you.. Or the opponent who magically knifes you after they have gone by me..That is frustrating..

My K/D with the MP7 is around 1.4 but is dropping since patch 1.10 ...It was around 1.6...  My K/D as a whole in MW3 is 1.3...

Thanks again

Greg

xoTRAPox

wow, i have the same exact problems as you.  I dont know what to do, or how to make it an even playing field on my part, is there anything you do, to have the fair advantage. or do you just try to cope with it as much as possible before you rage. thats what i do.

i have 2 internets in house one is dsl the other roadrunner.  roadrunner was strictly ps3 till i decided to go the weaker internet cause of lag comp.  i run dsl on wireless signal game got better but rather run cable because of downloads and quite frankly paying the money for it as it works great on other games. i see upnp and the mtl never new that cause i always did the quick setup. what about the other settings.

Unfortunately not....probably just the garbage lag and matchmaking giving you marshmallow ammunition.

esmorgue

Result of matchmaking.

supervelous

old thread but I been playing with the MP7 recently and feel like it was nerfed too.  I feel they added side recoil to it, I remember using it a lot previously and it's recoil being pretty exclusively straight up, which was good bc you'd start at someone's body and many times go straight up to their head. 

I used to be deadly accurate with that gun, and my 1st 7 MOABs in MW3 out of 35 were all with the MP7.   Now, I can't get a MOAB with it and I drop way more MOABs than I used to.  Out of my 35, 20 are in the last month. 

BUT as much as I feel it's been nerfed, I think there are a couple other factors that could explain it.  I went a long time without using it, and in that time used a lot of Assault Rifles, pretty exclusively, and my sensitivity is up to 6 where previously I played on 4.  However at 6 I am pretty deadly accurate with Assault Rifles. 

I have lowered it to 4 when I play with SMG's but still can't control the MP7 like I used to be able to, and I was a much worse player back then.  I pretty much hold a 3KD these days (monthly KD is 3 even with about 13k kills), back when I was deadly accurate with MP7 I was like a 1.5KD player.

I guess I chalk it up to having to get used to it again, but I couldn't help but wonder the same thing.  Also, think the more rush heavy game style of using SMG's is something I have to get used to again from the more conservative AR style. 

Mp7 is overrated just because some **** on YouTube hit a Moab with it now everyone loves it. Most people still think its a zero recoil gun lol

The fact is its quite accurate but weak. It's just over used in my opinion.

The ppm901 kills the mp7

I would sugest a lower sensitivity tho on smgs I use 6 I think on rifles and 2 or 3 on smgs and it definatly helps with longer shots you just need to remember to not try to ads in a really close range or you will just get spun

Snipingdbag

Silencers makes it shoot marshmallows instantly. So yeah always use range with a silencer to at least have it 3 hit kill beyond knifing range.

I would run the gun with range and extended mags or range and RF. The gun works better without a silencer, unless you're good at flanking / have spot on hit register. RF is not really worth the extra kick it gives it though for just 11 % faster fire rate, especially as the gun already fires fast enough.