1 1,041 1,042 1,043 1,044 1,045 Previous Next 12,156 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2012 5:44 PM by iif0xh0undii Go to original post RSS
  • 10,420. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

    MythAlex wrote:

     

    Hello, G IH A IN ID II

     

    When are you going to fix the multiplayer connectivity issue ?

    Let me explain it: First of all, I am a PC gamer, so the problem ISN'T about the console version of MW3. Before the first DLC ("MW3 Collection 1") came out, there was no problem in Multiplayer. Well, after it was launched - I bought it, obvious - I have problems with it, such as:

    • -- when clicking on Find Game and after selecting the game mode I want to play on, the search takes long, long time AND it shows me that there are several / very few potential found servers compared to many, many potential found servers before the DLC appeared (it happens on all game modes).
    • -- sometimes, it disconnects me from the game (lobby; almost finished loading screen of stock / non-DLC map; connecting to my friends' lobby / game) and tells me something like "File different from server"; "Your files are different from server's".

    Don't tell me to "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" on Steam, because it's just a temporary fix that resets itself . . .

    Also, don't tell me to "DISABLE DLC" from the main multiplayer menu, because this is not a 100% fix (it still disconnects me from the game sometimes).

     

    Are you (Infinity Ward team) looking into the problem ? Are you going to fix it ?

    Please, do it !   (or you will bury the MW3 PC multiplayer gaming community)

     

     

     

    Have a nice day!

    Alex

     

     

    P.S: don't ignore my question...... this is a serious issue, it's NO'T a joke

    We know what is causing this issue and hope to have some news for you early next week.

     

    Cheers,

     

    G IH A IN ID II

  • 10,421. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

    bicranium wrote:

     

    G IH A IN ID II wrote:

     

    jdanneo wrote:

     

    Please don't reply to people like bicranium. He is what people like to call "an ass." there's no reason to insult somebody whom is trying to make the game better and is taking the criticism, and insults, from this community and relaying it to the dev team. We may not always agree and see eye-to-eye, but I respect you and appreciate all the hard work you put in. I'm sure this is the general consensus amongst the forums. We love the work you're putting in and I am genuinely looking forward to this next patch. I'm hoping that the fix to lag/sync that you say will occur "well before Black Ops 2 comes out" has a chance to appear in the patch? Also, any word on the possible return of Terminal? A "yes" would be some of the best news I've heard regarding this game.

    And a rather ponderous one at that. It took time to brew up the 'funny' second bite at a response to my question. Regarding Terminal, personally I'd love to see it return for MW3.

     

    Cheers,

     

    G IH A IN ID II

    I guess the kind of logic you used here to determine that I used all 13+ hours between your question and my response to think it up is to be expected given the state of this game...lol.

    I think you missed my point bicranium. I'm happy to have a constructive dialogue with any member of this forum. Repeated trolling isn't helpful and is frustrating to be honest. If you wish to participate further in this forum please bear that in mind.

     

    Respectfully,

     

    G IH A IN ID II

  • 10,422. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

    G IH A IN ID II wrote:

     

    MythAlex wrote:

     

    Hello, G IH A IN ID II

     

    When are you going to fix the multiplayer connectivity issue ?

    Let me explain it: First of all, I am a PC gamer, so the problem ISN'T about the console version of MW3. Before the first DLC ("MW3 Collection 1") came out, there was no problem in Multiplayer. Well, after it was launched - I bought it, obvious - I have problems with it, such as:

    • -- when clicking on Find Game and after selecting the game mode I want to play on, the search takes long, long time AND it shows me that there are several / very few potential found servers compared to many, many potential found servers before the DLC appeared (it happens on all game modes).
    • -- sometimes, it disconnects me from the game (lobby; almost finished loading screen of stock / non-DLC map; connecting to my friends' lobby / game) and tells me something like "File different from server"; "Your files are different from server's".

    Don't tell me to "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" on Steam, because it's just a temporary fix that resets itself . . .

    Also, don't tell me to "DISABLE DLC" from the main multiplayer menu, because this is not a 100% fix (it still disconnects me from the game sometimes).

     

    Are you (Infinity Ward team) looking into the problem ? Are you going to fix it ?

    Please, do it !   (or you will bury the MW3 PC multiplayer gaming community)

     

     

     

    Have a nice day!

    Alex

     

     

    P.S: don't ignore my question...... this is a serious issue, it's NO'T a joke

    We know what is causing this issue and hope to have some news for you early next week.

     

    Cheers,

     

    G IH A IN ID II

    Awesome - hope its a fix, as I haven't been able to play a great deal of DLC since it was released for PC.

     

    Also when having "issues" with the "networking" side of things I notice when the match ends whatever I'm doing at that moment "rewinds" e.g. running goes back a step or two - is this possibly a sync issue between 1st and 3rd person "views"/camera position and nothing to do with network at all per say?....just a thought because that combined with some standard network prediction/lag could result in the ~1 second delay people think they'r getting I guess.....

     

    Mr Teatameh.

  • 10,423. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

    Salem_in_Chains wrote:

     

    SalemInChains wrote:

     

    Im getting tired fo posting this and having it ignored. Do i have to post everyday insulting some1 to get an answer here?

     

    It happened again last night.

    "PS3 Audio EMP"

    Im using HDMI cables.

    Core TDM on Dome.

    Last night at 9PM EST.

    No unusal visual lag at the time of "Audio EMP".

    No loud explosions (cars or KS being killed) before or after "Audio EMP" (nothing obvious that could be a mixing issue).

    Its such an unnatural sound at the absolute max volume allowed by my TV.

    My TV goes up to 75. I play at 13. The sound is so loud I have to mute my TV. Even if I turn the volume down to 1 its still screaming through the TV speakers (not using headset for sound, only for comms and the sound doesnt come through the headset) at max volume.

    I have this game for the 360 also and have never heard it on that system.

     

    Is this ever going to be addressed or should I just wait for my TV speakers to blow before I start calling a lawyer to replace a $1500 TV due to poor coding? This has been off and on randomly sicne release yet I have not seen anything under "Currently in dev/discussion" are we just ignoring this problem?

     

    How about an answer. Ive seen this brought up a million times and never see any response by any officials. Do we need to make a thousand accounts and spam the forums to get an answer like I see ppl do everyday or can I just get a reply for cryin out loud?

    Hmmm 40 pages later and still no reply?

    We have yet to determine what causes the effect to which you refer. It is something that occurs deep within the Playstation audio system. If I recall correctly when we shipped we were in contact with Sony about this issue and couldn't find a resolution. The fact that it happens so randomly makes it extremely hard to find a repro case. I'll follow up with the audio engineers to get more information.

     

    Sorry I must have missed the post 40 pages back.

     

    Cheers,

     

    G IH A IN ID II

  • 10,424. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

    Also, Ghandi, is there any chance that the "shot around the wall" WTF moment will be adressed?It makes taking cover pointless!If that would happen for 1/100 out of my deaths I wouldn't complain but every 5th death, there's a death that I get right after I get cover or run around a corner!

     

    I know it is not because of my connection because it happens to most players!Wanted Pro needs to be adressed!Besides Assassin and Type95, I find the Wanted pro "Bullets curve around the corner" the most infuriating thing in MW3!

  • 10,425. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    Snipingdbag

    Ghandi you game is a joke..

     

    http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/7357/capturewiz005u.png

     

    Host, 4 bar, nothing but hit markers and people insta-killing me

     

    I leave. Join a game as a 3 bar.

     

    http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6535/capturewiz004.png

     

    Your game is completely based on connection / lag comp. Loads of People throttle their connections for a reason. Give 4 bar players & people that try to play locally an advantage, the only way this crap might get fixed.

  • 10,426. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    SalemInChains

    G IH A IN ID II wrote:

     

    We have yet to determine what causes the effect to which you refer. It is something that occurs deep within the Playstation audio system. If I recall correctly when we shipped we were in contact with Sony about this issue and couldn't find a resolution. The fact that it happens so randomly makes it extremely hard to find a repro case. I'll follow up with the audio engineers to get more information.

     

    Sorry I must have missed the post 40 pages back.

     

    Cheers,

     

    G IH A IN ID II

    Thank you for the reply. At least i now know its not just me and a few of my buddies. Glad to know it is an acknowlaged issue.

  • 10,427. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    esmorgue

    I've had this since day1. Not everyday. Yet it is annoying.

  • 10,428. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    otisman666

    Snipingdbag wrote:

     

    Ghandi you game is a joke..

     

    http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/7357/capturewiz005u.png

     

    Host, 4 bar, nothing but hit markers and people insta-killing me

     

    I leave. Join a game as a 3 bar.

     

    http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6535/capturewiz004.png

     

    Your game is completely based on connection / lag comp. Loads of People throttle their connections for a reason. Give 4 bar players & people that try to play locally an advantage, the only way this crap might get fixed.

     

    The level of competition has a lot to do with it as well.  Playing agains the Assassin noob, you will stroke them off so easy you think it must be your connection.  Play against the hard core gung ho group with rapid fire/SOH/QD/SA and all of a sudden the connection must be whacky. 

     

    Just my opinion.

  • 10,429. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

    mw3lag wrote:

     

    Ghandi,

     

    Last time i played was 18th may, now after you told me they copied the file i went online to play today. Why does it seem the problems have come back, im getting loads of hitmarkers and less red screens whereas all games before 18th may I was really happy with. I play Ground War solo, before the 18th the game was awesome quick kills red screen enough time to react held a 4+ KDR all games. Also before the 18th I had no issues with the connections/lag no matter what lobby i entered each lobby was smooth for me. Now all of a sudden the game is slightly stuttering randomly players are slightly warping and its like we are back right where we were before the matchmaking patch. This is on the PS3, now i've seen other people also comment on this problem recently on this thread, any updates as to what is causing this problem?

    After playing throughout the whole day i can safely say the game is heading backwards to before the matchmaking patch, Hitmarkers galore, no red screen, 1/2 clip to kill people. Its aweful i actually thought after the matchmaking patch the game played really really well for me and i was happy i could play it all the way until BO2 comes out but now it makes me want to put it away AGAIN. Its aweful today i've seen so many players stuttering and warping even more than usual, even i've been stuttering. This all built up to the ulitmate moment, I actually saw a javelin missile freeze right in front of my face and 1-2seconds later it exploded and killed 5 of us. I literally have no words for, PLEASE GHANDI make the game play how it used last week. Dont make us wait another month for another patch because frankly I really cant be bothered to wait month by month for fixes for these BIG ISSUES.

     

    P.S I shot the L86 LSW close range more than 5 bullets hit the guy, yet he got red screen and killed me within 3 bullets. Now i wasnt host, and from youtube videos the LMG's take 3 bullets to kill if im not mistaken. This has jus proved the lag or whatever it is called has gone back to how it was before the patch, because last week when i used the LMG i was getting super fast kills in all lobbies