35 Replies Latest reply: May 29, 2012 2:21 PM by opaquewarrior RSS

type 95 overpowerd

type 95 should not take 1 burst to kill you anywere except the head the body should not take 1 burst it should take 2 or 3 like the g11 in black ops it took 2 to 3 burst to kill people comment if u think they should patch the type 95 and give your oppinion.

• Re: type 95 overpowerd

It's OP, but Infinity Ward is too lazy to give it a proper nerf.

nicedrewishfela

I am not sure about nerfing it, but I have noticed on Core that its pretty hard to beat in a gun battle. Its frustrating to lace a clip from another assault rifle into an enemy using a T95 only to have them turn and kill you with one burst. To some degree I agree with you, but don't expect too much sympathy on these forums, most are jaded on the OP weapon topics.

To the credit of those who use the Type 95, I don't think the 3 burst weapons are all that easy for most to use. I used to be pretty good with them in past games, but been struggling with them in MW3 for whatever reason. I have respect for guys who can use them effectively (and by that I mean not head-glitching or laying in a corner, a monkey could do that).

I think everyone can admit its a powerful weapon, though OP is going to be debatable.

twinkeeze

I have used the T95 alot having 10k+ kills with it and I think its a great weapon from close to mid range fights.

An OP weapon? I dont think it is. If I miss with my first burst I am usually dead.

I think several ARs are better then this gun like the ACR, G36 and MK14 but thats just my 2 cents.

You complain about something that kills you in 3 bullets but yet don't complain about the MK that kills in 2...?

Every gun has a disadvantage, here's my tip to you, get better at the game so no matter what gun is used against you it's not OP. I use the pistol half the time no mod and destroy kids, is that an OP gun? Get some skill and stop asking for hand outs.

NO ONE CARES ABOUT OP GUNS.

bltzazrael wrote:

You complain about something that kills you in 3 bullets but yet don't complain about the MK that kills in 2...?

The MK is not OP because you have to AIM and the gun is SEMI AUTO. You need to pull the trigger EVERY TIME you want to shoot the gun.  Unlike some weapons where you just point and hope 3 or the 30 bullets you spray hit something.  There is nothing wrong with the MK being 2 shots to kill.  It isn't easy to use effectively.

That gun doesn't take skill just because you have the hit the RT every time you want a bullet to come out. Have you ever seen that gun with kick and steady aim? Literally spray from the hip and kids drop, it's basically a one shot kill with the random headshots. I'd be more worried about that then the Type 95.

muffscm

bltzazrael you are an idiot you don't know ****.

You can't elaborate why you feel this way, but I'm the idiot? Kid, before you talk to adults learn how to hold a conversation without saying lower level insults, really shows your age.

opaquewarrior

When you hit 62 let me know kid. And you call posters a Da fuq and then write that crap. Better look at yourself first. If you're an adult then act it instead of jumping on folks who come here to enjoy these forums.

bltzazrael wrote:

That gun doesn't take skill just because you have the hit the RT every time you want a bullet to come out. Have you ever seen that gun with kick and steady aim? Literally spray from the hip and kids drop, it's basically a one shot kill with the random headshots. I'd be more worried about that then the Type 95.

I agree with Muff.  The MK forces you to PULL THE TRIGGER EVERY TIME you want to shoot. Every other gun lays down walls of bullets faster than the MK and you DON'T have the pull the trigger every time. Just hold and spray.  And the only time I ever see that setup work is when they are super close to you.  Which works with EVERY OTHER GUN. If you are 5 feet away and hold down the RT with say a P90 or ACR(with kick and steady aim) you will more often then not get the kill or a headshot.  The MK doesn't have an advantage.  It actually has a HUGE disadvantage because of the fact that you have to PULL THE TRIGGER EVERY TIME.  The M14 and its variants have been a 2 shot kill since COD4.  It will not change.  Ever. 

jwaller123

MASC wrote:

type 95 should not take 1 burst to kill you anywere except the head the body should not take 1 burst it should take 2 or 3 like the g11 in black ops it took 2 to 3 burst to kill people comment if u think they should patch the type 95 and give your oppinion.

The G11 could also kill in one burst. As long as all three bullets hit you at a somewhat decent range you are dead. Here's a tip...don't get shot and you won't die.

scolia5044

I think the game has been out for like 7 months so just get use too it and the G11 was r=the same way too me but it was just a better gun

Type 95 is perfect the way it is no need to patch it! like everyone is stating if you miss your first shot you have about a 75% chance that your going to die if you shoot at a good player! also if you enter a room with multiple enemies yea you might get lucky and pick off 1 or 2 of them, where as if you were using an SMG you can easily kill everyone in that room. The Type 95 has its advantages and disadvantages just like every gun in the game!

In the time it takes a Type95 to fire three bursts, A pump-action shotgun user can fire one and pump/lever the shotgun for another.

If a shotgun user gets  a hitmarker. If the person has any aiming skill the shotgunner dies.

Type 95 simply fires another burst and wins the gunfight.

The Type95 WOULD be balanced if it required 3 bullets to kill (1 burst) But as it stands. It's better in close range encounters than a shotgun is.

Yes. The Type95 is a better shotgun than any of the shotguns barring the USAS-12 and Striker.

the Type 95 is as balanced as the Mk14 with damage. (There was a glitch a while back where you could put damage on any gun)

a weapon is considered overpowered when it outperforms weapons of a category designed for certain things.

It'd be like the FAD killing faster at close range than a PP90M1 with Rapid Fire.

That WOULD be overpowered because an assault rifle shouldn't kill faster than a rapid fire SMG before damage drop

I agree it's overpowered.

It should obviously be a 2-3 hit kill just like the M16A4, no wonder no one is using M16..

Obviously Robert Trolling and his team won't do anything about it so it's just up to go back to COD4/Black Ops

X_MISSILE_X

Type 95 kills in 60 miliseconds: 1m - 15m. That's nothing compared to the Model 1887!

http://www.adiumxtras.com/images/thumbs/troll_icons_2_28891_7697_thumb.png

The type 95 is deadly and pretty much godlike in the hands of very good players, but it has its pro's and con's like any other weapon.

Agreed.

It's brutal in CQC... if you enter a room/area with more than 1 enemy... good luck to you.  You'll have a good chance to drop the first person if you see them fast enough, but you're dead meat to the other guy(s)... especially if they have a SMG or shottie.

Yin-Yang.  The only overpowered gun I've seen so far was the dual-wield FMGs before the patch.  Those things were a joke.  And... sniper rifles are of course OP in CQC due to QSing.

But that's about it.  Most weapons have their plusses and minuses, and you have to use them how they are intended to be used to get the most out of them.

I have started using the Type 95 alot lately, but only on bigger maps with longer sight lines... Village, Bakaara, etc.  (drop zone)

If I slow my game play down and focus on being accurate with it.. I can definitely put a hurtin on the other guys.

Red dot/rapid fire seems to work the best for me so far.

nickpeck36

It's not OP, if you miss with the first burst you are usually dead and the gun is horrible at hip firing.  If you are dead on with it, the person using it is deadly / OP, not the gun.  Every weapon has good and bad points and you should learn how to counter them with something else.

I just started using the type 95 again and it takes some getting used to but is fun when you can aim fast and get the first burst off.

revenge978

Agreed since this weapon was started to get massively used and overly played. The gun is ridiculous! Plus ppl who MOD forget it its practically full auto

I think the gun is terrible anyway, I dont know why people use it

QwertyBoredom

sorry not OP as said if you miss with the first burst your dead, if you run into multiple opponenats your dead it has **** long range damage your better off with the M16 ( the drop off distance for damage is insane i had to use 4 bursts to kill somone on outpost) yes its a better shotgun than all shotguns so is everthing else even sniper rifles and sorry to say if any burst weapon took more than 1 burst to kill they would be underpowered plain and simple.

codchamp

it is not overpowered. here is why:

Quickscoping is in this game

Stryker with damage.

Akimbo'd FMG's

PP90 with rapid fire

MP7 with rapid fire or 300 rounds

MK with modded controller

Silcenced ACR with 2 shot kills

Lag Warriors

Shall i go on? The Type 95 is a awesome gun if you accurate. It sucks balls at distance and is only a pull kill at a certain range with rapid fire or headshot.

So if you cant take getting killed by it, learn to use it. If you cannot do good with it, then you cannot aim and suck balls regardless.

CowboySr

Type 95 is a questionable gun to me. About 1 out of every four kills takes one burst. The other 3 times I have to put 2-3 burst on them.

It is NOT overpowered, it's only overpowered in the appropriate hands.
    This is the way I use it;

Type 95:

2 Attachments

Rapid Fire

Hybrid Sights(close up and long distance)

Perks:

Sleight of Hand/Scavenger

Quick Draw/Assassin

Marksman/Stalker

I usually average about 15 ~ 20 kills a game with the set up, depending on the map, I change them around. But, I feel as though the RoF makes it a contendable gun, and makes it a more likely choice to use over some of the other crappy assault rifles out there. I prefer the T95, and SCAR-L over any other rifle in the game, I could careless about snipers, as they're boring. And I usually need to get at least 2 out of 3 bullets into the person before they die, unless I get lucky and score a head shot.