35 Replies Latest reply: Jun 29, 2012 3:21 PM by timelordalex RSS

Wonder Weapon Mystery Box

wridtrvlr

I've stated this on several threads, and seen some discussions about it but I think it is a really good point.

My idea is to have a box, separate from the mystery box, that only doles out the wonder weapons.  You would only be able to reach this box, later in the rounds or after you open all the doors in the level.  This box you could hit as many times as you want, but you can only take and have in your possession 1 of the wonder weapons at a time.  It would cost you 5 to 10 thousand points to hit. 

For my idea, you would automatically be given the Mule Kick perk, or just the ability to have 3 guns in your possession, when you grab the wonder weapon from the box.  That way you would not loose any other weapon you had acquired and you gain the power of a wonder weapon.  If you go down you will not loose this weapon or any other but if you bleed out entirely you'll start the next round with a pistol, as normal. 

This idea is great because it gives everyone the opportunity to have in their possession some kind of wonder weapon, instead of one guy hoarding it the entire game.  Let me know what you think!

-wridtrvlr

• Re: Wonder Weapon Mystery Box

the point of wundergun is that it is singular- i think if they were to do this idea they would have to make it that you can also get a sniper from that box 50% of time- so it might cost 20-30 thousand just to get one- and they should only hold hald the max ammo

The reason everyone loves the wonderguns is because they are so hard to get.  If they become easy to get, then it ruins the excitement whenever someone gets a certain wondergun.

wridtrvlr

You all have good points, but then again you are probably the kids that run head first to the box and spam it until you get the wonder weapon.  Then go down and scream into the mic that we have to get you up b/c you have the wonder weapon.  Then you'll hold onto it the entire game, only shooting like 5 zombies max with each round, not using the gun to it's fullest potential. 

For those that play zombies a lot, you know what I'm talking about.  It sucks when only one guy gets the best weapon on the map, doesn't know how to use it effectively and thinks they are a god because they have it.  It would be really nice for multiple players to be able to acquire such a powerful weapon.  I remember playing Moon, I never got to use the zap gun until about a month ago.  I play zombs a lot but even with my buddies I never got lucky with the box and no one ever gave it up.

Maybe the could have a really strong wonder weapon and several smaller wonder weapons for each map??  That way everyone could get a unique weapon to that map.  Just some thoughts. 

Bush_Wookie_95

[moderated] I rarely go to the box, i mainly use wall guns to survive. And i play zombies all the time, so please keep your [moderated] views to yourself. The fact of people not knowing how to use them, that comes with time, experience and practice.
      Of course no one wants to give it up, otherwise no one would use wonder weapons to begin with. we already have smaller wonder weapons, Monkey Bombs, Gersch devices, QEDs, and Matroyska Dolls. We also have the ray gun (which does suck really bad, after round 20, its quite bad, after round 35, its unusable) And i wait to use the wonder weapon until i have an entire train of zombies behind me. [moderated]

wridtrvlr

How come I still get on today, almost a year after BOPS release, and people still run stright for the box and use all their money for a chance to get the wonder weapon, then they wonder why they keep getting downed on level 10....and yet they still don't ahve jugs....

I am a hardcore zomb killer (been to level 50 and 60 on most maps), so no need to bring the hate Wookie.  Geez.  I'm sure you've played with the type of kid I've mentioned above AND I'm sure it pisses you off as well.

Of course you are supposed to use the wall weapons to get far, DUH!!!!  I wasn't talking strategy here.  I was simply stating that it would be nice for them to put more than one wonder weapon on each map, or a wonder weapon box, so that everyone has the chance to use something special.

Bush_Wookie_95

hmm, i see what you are saying. Yh, i get to the high rounds too. Sorry, your tone sounded a bit on the off side to me, which is why i went a bit far. Yh, i know what you mean. Anyway, if that happens, i let the whiney kid die so i can get the gun myself , i'm an ass like that if the kids that annoying lol. Simple solution!

commander2716

relax bush wookie ......post in any forums lately jeez every other topic is from you [moderated]

If there are no bad guns to get from the box, then what makes the wonder weapons good?  Everyone would only use that box because it only had wonder weapons., except me.  Personally, I hate every wonder weapon except the Thundergun.

wridtrvlr

Finish reading the post and it tells you, that you can only grab one weapon from the wonder weapon box at a time.  If you want to grab another weapon from it, it replaces the other wonder weapon you have in your possession at that time...

You and I both know that even with a wonder weapon it doesn't guarantee your survival and definitely means that you will not be raking up many points.  Pretty worthless to only grab a wonder weapon and nothing else, plus you have to have enough points to even use the box.

not really sure about the idea i mean certainly it costing 5 - 10 thousand is way to cheap, when your in the higher rounds like 30+ you can easily ammount 100k of points, even more... maybe you could have a wonderbox that randomnly spawns across the map rarely after you have completed the easteregg and this box only spawns like a powerup for 30 secs then it goes for a while, that would make trying to posses a wonder wep much more fun. Lastly when you do get to try the box, you could very randomnly have like a powerful zom pop out of it really quickly thats very fast and has masses of health, where if your hit once by it your immediately put down and your then in need of a revive? when this does occur you do not regain your zom points that you spent on the box. I think adding these aspects into this idea would really encourage many people to use the box and this would take a way the 'cheapness' therefore of a wonderwep if you were to have a wonderbox for 5k appear around the map frequently. WONDERWEPS ARE SUPPOSE TO B RARE AND POWERFUL:)

What do you guys think????

Pyric

I think the idea that wridtrvlr had was good, a mystery box with only wonder weapons that is VERY expensive. I think they should put it in the same room as the PaP and make it so that you can still get teddy bears but instead of moving the box they disable it for the rest of the round, which can be a big deal on higher rounds, so it is still a gamble. And the box contains the ray gun and scavenger too so you aren't necessarily guaranteed an amazing gun.

Bush_Wookie_95

really?! One of my least favourites, i like the Shrink Ray or 31-79JgB215 best

duerrs

what i like to do is when a 10 year old gets the waffle and goes down, i don't pick him up, when he dies it goes back into the box and it's fair game again.

Bad idea... sorry, but having a seperate box for special weapons wouldn't make you the game to be any better or easier, nor make you a better player who knows better how to deal with those weapons  than others... besides, not all players like wonder weapons, believing or not, they actually try to avoid them, I also avoid those... and I consider them to be good players because they appreciate the most guns they get. But they will except ray gun which is a useful and decent stuff despite it looks like a hair dryer... I personally am always glad to get LMG guns than wonder stuff.

You need to learn to use all guns you get from the box because it's important to keep making points and then later hit the box again and you eventualy should get your favorite gun you like... I sometimes see players speeding lot of points hitting the box and yet they die because they can't handle wonder weapons as well despite they got thunder or wave gun... With other words, an extra box in this kind of gameplay is not acceptable, not because we don't like innovations but this idea has not a good place in zombie survival world.

Bush_Wookie_95

Good speech. I am with you, apart from i hate the LMGs, they are too weak. On world at War they were good, on BO, no. I trade them for a galil or commando. Ray gun, i also dislike. It fluctuates too much for damage, and after round 30, its nigh on unusable. round 50, it takes all your ammo to kill one zombie (if you're lucky).

Yea unfortunately, it's a huge shame that lmgs's are weaker than they supposed to be, it's unforgiveable... like it is not already enough that there only 2 lmg class guns compared to 8 assault guns! And they have better multiplier damage power, for example galil has 220 paped damage with 5x multiplier for headshots while hk21 has 210 paped damage with only 3x multiplier... it's a huge loss of damage! Having 900 bullets for paped hk21 is not even a tiny reason for this terrible mistake, at least 240 damage with 4x mutiplier is a must have for a powerful lmg gun like hk21... even a 1200 bullets is not good enough for a low damage! Same problem is with rpk, it's even worse with its 180 paped damage with 3x multipliers! Yet I use them if I don't have luck with box to get someting better.

Ray is a another story, although I am more happy with assault and lmg guns, I am still glad to get it in Verruckt map and use it for critical moments and also making crawlers as I play camping tactic with my team. Ray has 1500-300 and 2000-300 splash damage with 4x multiplier. And that's why I don't like using it in lower rounds, it kills significant amount of points and its "hair dryer" look annoys me, lol... Treyarch should redesign it.

timelordalex

id like to have a map with all wonder weapons, but they are still limited to one player, and another which would be like area 51 you spawn with all perks and all wonder weapons, and you have risers runners no rounds, and you just have to survive, just a big wide open area map

DarklightPhenoix

Only reason i like this idea is i always have 30k points laying around and i want something big for them i beleave that it should hold pre Pack a Punched weppons however with a chance at a pre Pack a Punched wonder weppon

Pyric

That sounds good. But I think the PaPed box should be a seperate box. I had the idea at one point that at special times, like when you pick up a special power up, a box would spawn at the base of the PaP machine and when you bought PaP you would instead buy the box and the gun would come up, get PaPed and THEN  you would be able to pick up the gun. It would cost 2500 because it's on a rare power up and you might get like a sniper or single wield CZ75. After all the box is only 950 and it has guns WAY better than most of the wall weapons.

DarklightPhenoix

or maybe just a special teir of weppons that are neather amazing or crap and work for the player like a realy sweet sniper or huge maged Smgs or Mechine guns that you can run faster with insted of almost walking with them PLEASE BUILD ON IDEA

redx165

This is a bad idea. I will say why. Sure its annoying to have people run to the box over and over but if theres a wonderbox people will spam it too. When they have enough money to do so they will do it and get a good weapon and 25% of the time will go down and lose there guns. That means more rage quiting. The reason wonder weapons are great to get is that you need is luck to get it.

~THE NOOB KILLER

Pyric

It's still annoying when it gives the freaking zap guns to a 10 year old kid every time.

You're worried about people spamming the box and you don't get to use it.  Wall guns were invented for a reason....  People gives wall guns no credibility, but they are actually really useful.  The day everyone, especially little kids, learn that, it will be the day the box is only hit on Fire Sales and when trying to get special grenades.

jbostwick1

i think for a mode on zombies maybe for 4z4 they make it to were you rank up. say at 32 you are able to get a galil(using BOPS guns) out of the box. and once you hit the max rank you start over a.k.a. prestige. and evry time u prestige you u can get a wonder wep. like 1st prestige ray gun. 2nd qeds. 3rd thundergun. 4th baby maker of sahngri la. 5th the explosive sniper and human maker of call of the dead. 6th the wavegun dualie thing of moon. 7th being the last u get the wonder waf!!

i dont think that would be a good idea, this is zombies not spec ops. there could be someone great at zombies but doesnt play often and be stuck with crap guns. it would take away the awesome in zombies

nice but not rlly because its fun to get it from MB because its so hard to get and then it'll be easy to buy the WW by round 50.

the point of the box is that there is a risk factor (one that I wish was higher) in using it. a wonder weapon box defeats that point. I do agree with you that more than one person should be able to use the weapons though.

I had this idea that I posted on another fourm that you could bid on the box, depending on how many you put in, the more likely you are to get a weapon of that value.

Sasuto10

How about this. the Wonder Box in a certain room and the box of course gives you any random wonder weapon for a large price. But you can only get it after finding a rare perk. once you get this perk though, all the mystery boxes become Wonder Boxes and the original Wonder Box location is of course a Wonder Box. the Mystery Boxes stay as Wonder Boxes for about 2 1/2 minutes and then change back to Mystery Boxes for the rest of the game. I don't know if people would want to be abe to find the rare perk again so you can end up having Wonder Boxes where Mystery Boxes used to be for 1 1/2 minutes before changing back. i dont think that the mule kick thing would happen though.

i posted my idea about a wonder mystery box in a discussion way before this one, so did you copy me or are we just thinking the same thought.

wridtrvlr

That's pretty funny seeing as how I made this thread in late in May...and you just joined June 25th... 

It's pretty clear who had the idea first. 

timelordalex

i like the idea of a wonder box, however it should not be over 5000 points, because you can get a thundergun/wunderwaffe for only 950, and i agree i hate kids who run to the box spam it get the wunderwaffe dont know how to use it, they go down and i pretend to try to get them and they die then i can get it, the winters howl needs to be fixed, an instakill weapon or leave it and make it like the ray gun, but its shown as half finished so they can finish it and make it instakill

what if its just a fire sale type drop but instead it makes the box shoot out wonder weapons

I think maybe a couple people should get the top wonder weapon and everyone can get the lower one (ray gun) but it should come out of the normal box and should be just as hard to get but please devs no vr-11 and if they do put it in at least let one of the humans fight with u for a round while making it ballanced as they die with one hit if u dont do that dont put it in the game.