1 2 3 Previous Next 86 Replies Latest reply: Jun 5, 2012 3:11 AM by Jus_call_me_J RSS

Done with the DASHBOARDING!

Lunartrick79

Like seriously you should be punished if you dashboard.Rather its you cant play for a certain time or whatever.I believe nobodys stats at all.I dont care if you even jump into a game and your loosing ...and then you dashboard.I think no matter what you should still have to play that game.Seriously this game is a joke.

• 1. Re: Done with the DASHBOARDING!
    yovlud

Lol!  It's not that big of a deal...like seriously!  It's just a video game...you don't lose (or loose in your case!) money if someone dashboards, you don't lose a family member, no one dies.  Stop living and breathing videogames, it's not healthy for your mind or body.

• 2. Re: Done with the DASHBOARDING!
    trialstardragon

Whaaa!!!! that is all your post is ya know.

they will never do anything about it. It has been this way through all of the games of this series and will never change.

Even Halo: Reach's sad attempt at temp banning players for 10 minutes that left games too much did not stop or slow it down.

Stop taking the stats serious. for that is what you really complaing about. the fact that you had a good game and someone dashed and ruined your stats from the game. The game is meant for fun not to be taken so serious as you seem to be trying to do.

• 3. Re: Done with the DASHBOARDING!
    Rednecksniper39

That and the OP is not smart enough to realize that they can't do anything about dashboarding. There is no effective way to tell if someone dashboards or if there power turns off or other things like that.

• 4. Re: Done with the DASHBOARDING!
    SheSaidNo

I thought they changed it to where there's no difference to quitting out and dashboarding?

• 5. Re: Done with the DASHBOARDING!
    blb128

trialstardragon wrote:

Stop taking the stats serious. for that is what you really complaing about. the fact that you had a good game and someone dashed and ruined your stats from the game. The game is meant for fun not to be taken so serious as you seem to be trying to do.

The person doing the dashboarding is the one taking their stats too seriously. Kinda hard to have fun when you cant finish a game due to the host dashboarding. I don't want to hear the lag comp BS excuse either.

• 6. Re: Done with the DASHBOARDING!
    trialstardragon

Nope dashboarding will still save your stats and is why people sitll do it. They will not arbitraily punish players for leaving a game through dasboarding since it can not always be known it was a dashboard and not a connection lost by other means.

• 7. Re: Done with the DASHBOARDING!
    trialstardragon

Your right on that point; but my point still stands about the OP should not really care about the stats in the game in the first place, they mean nothing outside of the game itself.

I sign out when ever I get matched up in a lobby and the lag is bad or I get host or I get 2 barred because its a foreign lobby and I always will. No fun playing when any of that happens. Not because of my stats but its no longer fun to play at that point.

• 8. Re: Done with the DASHBOARDING!
    WKMMS

blb128 wrote:

Kinda hard to have fun when you cant finish a game due to the host dashboarding. I don't want to hear the lag comp BS excuse either.

To be fair, it's also kinda hard to have fun when everyone else has rubbish internet and you end up pulling host all the time too... you don't know what the other player is experiencing.  I don't dashboard, because I don't care about W/L or stats or any of that stuff, but I can understand why someone would if they were dealing with crappy games over and over... Sure, some are probably protecting their stats, but I'm sure that there are just as many fed up at being punished in game for having a good connection. 

• 9. Re: Done with the DASHBOARDING!

Dashboarding is an easy choice to make. I get put in a tdm game on a team that's 4000 points behind....dashboard. I get put in with a bunch of qs'ers or akimbo fmg users (talking half the other team, not just one person)....dashboard. The entire opposing team is camping...dashboard. Put a full clip from an smg into someone at close range only to be killed by an ar in one or two shots and the kill cam shows me not shooting at all....dashboard. Since I pull host quite a bit, I'm actually starting to enjoy letting the other team get to around 7200-7300 points and drop the game. Flame all you want, I don't care. People say you can't tell others how to play the game, and I agree with this. However, you also can't tell me I have to stay in the game where they're using exploits like qs and akimbo (if not exploits then poorly designed mechanics at the very least) and lame tactics (camping), just to feed their kill streaks. I payed for my game the same as they did and therefore will play how I want to. I'd like to hope IW will fix alot of the problems that get nearly countless complaints from people and cause alot of the dashboarding, but I think we all realize by now they are either incapable or just don't care.

1 2 3 Previous Next