23 Replies Latest reply: Sep 4, 2012 7:51 PM by Spiderblood RSS

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

christiankid7

Anyone heard of this game?

Who do you want in it?

I'm hoping for Marvel Comics support for this game, but there probably wont be any

Anyway

Kratos

Parappa the Rapper

Fat Princess

Sly Cooper
Colonel Radec

and Sweet Tooth

are already in it

Im hoping for

Spyro

Crash

Sir Daniel Fortesque

Sora

As well as Sony-owned Characters, 3rd party support is confirmed

Its a game like Nintendos Super Smash Brothers, but with the only way to kill your opponent being using Supers.

• Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
    Rogue_Shadow

Honestly, I wouldn't really expect Crash or Spyro, since Sony doesn't own either character anymore, which is too bad.

There's basically one first-party character that I'm hoping for right now, which is Dart from Legend of Dragoon.  It's a long-shot, but I figure there's gotta be a couple surprise characters, kinda like Mr. Game and Watch in Smash Bros, and what better choice than a character like Dart who is from a game with a small but super loyal fanbase?  Just about any fan of Legend of Dragoon would decide to buy the game if he was added.  It's better than adding a second character from Uncharted or something like that, since you'd bring in a whole new segment of fans.  Of course, I would actually prefer Rose over Dart from Dragoon, but Dart's the main character, so there's no way anyone would be picked over him to represent the game.  On a more realistic note, though, Cole from inFamous is just about a lock to make it, and I think he'd be a fun character to play as, with all his crazy electricity powers.

On the third-party side, I'm hoping someone from Square's games gets included, since I'm a big fan of a lot of their RPGs, and Square has kinda been associated with Sony since their big run of awesome RPGs on the Playstation.  If I was allowed to pick any one of them, I'd pick Kid from Chrono Cross, but I'm an obsessive fan of Chrono Cross, and even I know that'd never happen.  I'm thinking Cloud's a much more realistic choice that would still be awesome.  Though I kinda almost expect Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII to be the character Square offers to let Sony use (if Sony does try to get a character from Square), since they're really trying to push the Final Fantasy XIII games, and putting Lightning in the game would be another way to do that.

I'm not sure about Lightning making it in since Final Fantasy XIII isn't a PlayStation exclusive game. Besides, I'd prefer Cloud or Sephiroth. Sora has a 50/50 chance since Kingdom Hearts was originally released on the PS2, but Sony doesn't own Kingdom Hearts. Anyway, two people I'd like to see who are basically locks are Cole from inFamous and Nathan Drake from Uncharted.

Rogue_Shadow

I wouldn't be so worried about the third-party characters being Playstation-exclusive.  Look at Sonic and Snake in Brawl, they were both in plenty of games on non-Nintendo systems.  Snake's most popular games were on Sony systems, and all of Sonic's biggest games today are also released on the PS3 and 360.  What's the point of using third-party characters, if you only allow ones who have only been on Sony systems?  To be honest, a lot of the stuff that happens with possible third-party characters will come down to what the third-party developers want, though.  They control the rights, so they're really in control when it comes to what third-party characters Sony can use in the game.

christiankid7

The voice actor for Cole in inFamous basically confirmed Snake,Drake and Cole for PSASBR via twitter. Superbot, the guys who are making the game said they had no problems with companies for character support, so I would definitely suspect Crash and Spyro. Its a major long shot but I wanna see MONSTER-OCK lol.

OH and DART is HEAVILY REQUESTED so you might see him in.

Oh and I would think Cloud would get in over Lightning Rogue

This is the game I'm most hyped about.

My roster with the 6 already included.

Nathan Drake

Cole MacGrath

Solid Snake

Sackboy

Sir Daniel Fortesque

Jak and Daxter

Ratchet and Clank

Ico

Wander

Spike

Nariko

Scarlett Blake

Emmet Graves

Chimera Hybrid

Gabe Logan

Cloud

Lara Croft

Crash

Spyro

Rayman

Gex

Tomba

There aare rumors that James Bond could be included because Sony is distributing Skyfall. Does this mean Spider-Man could have a chance of making it with Marvel's permission.

Drake and Big Daddy from Bioshock were officially confirmed by Sony at E3.

I'm hoping for......

Nariko (from Heavenly Sword)

Wander (SoTC)

Ratchet and Clank

Snake (MGS)

Lightning (FFXIII)

Ezio (unlikely)

Cloud Strife (unlikely)

Lara Croft (unlikely)

Toro the Sony Cat and Heihachi Mishima from Tekken were confirmed at EVO 2012.

Personally I would've preferred Jin Kazama but whatever.

At Comic Con they'll probably announce Cole since he's a superhero and either Snake or Jak. At Gamescom they'll probably announce Sackboy and maybe Sir Dan since there developers are European. And at TGS they'll probably reveal Eastern Developed characters like either Cloud, Sora, or Spike from Ape Escape. Those are my predictions.

christiankid7

Jak and Cole revealed

Gamescom will have 3-4 reveals

Cole and Jak and daxter

I think those were all pretty much a given

can't wait to play Cole! I love the inFamous games

I wonder who else is in?

where's all the ladies in this game?

Yeah, we all saw those two coming a mile away. I'm hoping they'll reveal a Final Fantasy character or two now. As for the ladies, SSBB oly had three of them so if that's any indication then I wouldn't expect a lot of them here.

yeah, that's a very good point

oh well

not that it matters really

I don't know if you guys have seen this yet or not

but the rest of the roster, the rest of the stages, the items available, the game modes and the "minions" (possibly NPC's, I'm hoping for helper characters in game) have been supposedly leaked

here it is

Characters:
            Dante (DMC)
            Evil Cole (InFamous)
            Nariko (Heavenly Sword)
            Raiden (Metal Gear Solid)
            Sackboy (LittleBigPlanet)
            Ratchet & Clank (Ratchet & Clank)
            Sir Daniel Fortesque (MediEvil)
            Spike (Ape Escape)

Items:
            Atomizer (Resistance 3)
            Baumusu Axe (The Mark of Kri)
            Boots of Hermes (God of War III)
            Freeze Missile (Twisted Metal)
            Golf Club (Hot Shots Golf)
            Gravity Shield (Wipeout)
            Hedgehog Grenade (Resistance)
            Dohvat Laser Designator (Killzone 3)
            Leech Beem (Wipeout)
            Murder of Crows (BioShock Infinite)
            Railgun (Metal Gear Solid 4)
            Razor Claws (Ratchet and Clank)
            RPG (Uncharted)
            Scythe (Fat Princess)
            Spear (God of War)
            Sonic Rift (ModNation Racers)
            Sackbot (Little Big Planet)

Minions:
            Captain Qwark (Ratchet & Clank)
            Kai (Heavenly Sword)
            Kat (Devil May Cry)
            Kiya (MediEvil)
            Monkey (Ape Escape)
            Nix (InFamous 2)
            Pierre (Doko Demo Issho)
            Sackbot (LittleBigPlanet)
            Sam (Metal Gear Rising)

Stages:
            Alden’s Tower (InFamous)
            Black Rock Stadium (Twisted Metal)
            Columbia (BioShock Infinite)
            Franzea (LocoRoco)
            Invasion (Killzone)
            Paris (Sly Cooper)
            San Francisco (Resistance)
            Stowaways (Uncharted)
            Time Station (Ape Escape)

I hope that list isn't final because I'd like to see at least one Final Fantasy character make it in. Though I also hope the part about Dante being in is true.

Sackboy,Dante from the new DMC game, and others were also confirmed some time ago.