25 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2012 11:14 AM by Barloc RSS

Why are team members allowed to destroy fellow team member's power ups?

This has been about the most infuriating items that I've encountered in the months that I've come back to FPS. The other night was exceptionally infuriating. Playing on what I believe was Interstate the other day, I chose my sniper class in which I pack a claymore and trophy system. I had moved into one of my favored positions and a "team mate" immediately knifed both my claymore and trophy system. Noting his name so that I'd know to mark him as an avoided player (what a joke of a system by the way, I'd rather not have a game at all than play with someone I have previously listed as avoid... another topic though...) a few kills later and I had my IMS system to replace the claymore. No sooner do I set it down, than said player spawns next to me and destroys it.

Suffice to say, this was merely an occasional annoyance a few months ago when I bought the game. Lately however, it seems like every game has someone just running around seeking to destroy team mates power ups. Can the ability to kill team mate gear be removed? Or add the richochet feature from hardcore and kill the offending player?

• Re: Why are team members allowed to destroy fellow team member's power ups?
    Noob_Lyncher

Lol Power ups. They're trying to get Sitrep Pro.

nicedrewishfela

Agreed, it makes no sense. I remember the first time I went to get vests I accidentally hit the knife button and... poof. Seems to me it should work this way..  In core, you can't hurt your teammates, right? So in Core, if you swipe or shoot equipment, nothing should happen. In core, if you hurt a teammate, you take damage or die, right? So, in hardcore, if you swipe or shoot friendly equipment, you should be killed.

Its ridiculous if those kills count towards Sitrep Pro. Seems to me, anyone who does this should have an equipment kill removed from their count.

MaxKirgan

I really hate this feature. That's right, I called it a feature. Believe me, IW sees it as a feature that helps noobs(it doesn't) so therefor they won't take it out. The new castrated, tails between their legs IW only wish to hold noobs hands. I'm surprised they aren't giving people xp for destroying teammates equipment.

I still report in game these people. As far as I'm concerned what they are doing is boosting. I'll also go into theater mode, put a clip on youtube of them doing it, and message BanStache or BanCandy about it. They might not do anything about it but at least I'm doing my part.

Br4dthebe4st

Especially in HC Snd, put my clamore down, they knife it. Or they purposly stab my c4 and I die! :/

I am a true RUN AND GUNNER.  im balls to the walls, i tac with my quick draw pro, and im in the fire, i run the support class with just uav, and vests.  Playing on mission yesterday, me and another teammate were kinda doing the same thing, drop tac, drop vest and off we go, some noob joins late and starts killing all of our stuff.  not even trying to kill the other team at all.  he leaves before the game is over, i send him a message asking if hes okay cause seriously it makes me wonder why people do this.  THE GUY SENDS ME BACK A FRIEND REQUEST.  Unbelievable.

KTPhoenix

i had the same thing when i was playing a few nights ago. i was in a HC TDM and i called in my helicopter but not a few seconds later my teammate with a LMG shot it down. then the same guy kept on destroying our teams equipment all over the place.

why implement such a system? that should be considered boosting if anything.

i blame all the people who moan about wanting hardcore to be more realistic

KTPhoenix

what does that have to do with teammates destroying other teammates equipment?

well in real life you could destroy your own teams equipment no matter how stupid of a idea it is so if people want realism with 1 or 2 shots getting killed then they will have to put up with stupid crap like that as well.

maybes thats why iw did that way and havent bothered trying to fix it im not saying its right but what can we do arseh*le's will be arseh*les's sadly

KTPhoenix

this isnt the first COD that we have been able to do this though. i saw this crap happen back in COD4. now i may have gotten my start in COD4 so i dont know if it was the same in the CODs before then but to insinuate that IW just started thinking about that for this game just because a lot of people want HC to be more realistic is stupid.

and if you think it is because of us HC players "moaning", then why make it possible to do this in Core as well? dont you think IW would only do that for HC players? after all like you said "people who moan about wanting HC to be more realistic". so that would only apply to HC, not core.

i played hardcore most of the time in cod4 and never once came across this problem gave up playing hardcore after the crao in mw2 so maybes it was in there aswell but i cant really comment.

again ive never seen people destroying other peoples equipment in core as far as i know its not possible maybes its a new problem that just start over the past week or so i havent played mw3 for over a week since the new ghost recon game come out.

KTPhoenix

well it was there in COD4. just because you didnt see it doesnt mean it wasnt there. and it was in MW2 as well. again, just because you didnt see it doesnt mean it wasnt there.

if you havent played MW3 in the past week you have no room to make the comment you did. you have no on hand knowledge of said situation and are only going based off empty speculation of your shallow opinion of HC players and what they wanted.

a lot of HC players want a more realistic game in terms of hit detection and overall gameplay. NOT in terms of having their equpiment being shot by their own team. i have my own thoughts about the way IW made both Core and HC, but this is not the thread to discuss that.

dont be blaming the HC community. its the development team that is to blame. they have an extremist attitude when it comes to changing this game. that is obvious with the patches they have made in the previous titles including this one. we players mention an idea and they either buff it to all get out or nerf it to sh*t. that is the way it has been for the past few years.

im a hardcore and core player depending on mood and game type and i havent got a shallow opinion of them but even you have to admit there is alot of moaning goes on when it comes to hardcore some of it justified some of it not.

KTPhoenix

not really. there was only 1 time that i could think of for a few days a while back where HC players like myself wanted more HC. but before that and since then i hardly seen any type of moaning about HC. all i see now is people complaining about how OP something is or people just complaining about how someone outplayed them and they got mad.

not to mention, and i think both of us can agree on this one, that there is more complaining about boosters in the VS playlists. which is justified to say the least.

i can understand moaning about more hardcore game modes im right there with you on that one but the moaning im on about are the vests and explosives they are in the game and are there to be used by everyone so i dont understand why everyone moans about them either use them their selves or learn to adapt.

the whole gaming communtiy is a bunch of moaning gits not just the cod community you should here them crying over at the ghost recon forums but even them some of it is justified and some of it not you just cant please everyone i guess

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

I'm blaming Sit Rep Pro and the prevailing attitude of cutting corners in just about everything.

Solution for mostly every map! Place it somewhere where the noobs cant reach it!

Arkaden: On top of Van at back of map

Downturn: On top of bus

Hardhat: On one of the 3 pre-patch infected spots

Resistance: On newstand

Seatown: On top of market canopies

There's many spots

I actually never understood this either. I found out you can destroy friendly equipment by accident too. Its not really a big deal, but if its "ricochet" with no friendly fire, then i dont think destroying friendly equipment should be possible. Or like if you have a your own vests out and you knife your teammates vests, then yours should get destroyed. Something like that.

bugeygirl

A few things. First of all, if you're sick of team mates destorying your stuff, go play core. Don't whine about it. It just makes you seem like you have no life. It's just a game. Take a deep breathe, and say "**** it". Not that big of a deal. Second, it's HARDCORE. It's meant to be more realistic. In real life, you could destroy a friendly piece of equiptment. I find it hilarious that people wanted more realism, so CoD comes up with hardcore, and then people ***** and moan when they take it a step further. Third, if you're sick of it happening to you, just do it right back.

I won't lie, I destroy my fair share of friendly killstreaks. Granted, if I'm playing with friends or my clan, I don't destroy their stuff(Unless they piss me off). But yeah, in matches when I'm alone, I do it every now and then. It's not against the rules, so you can't get reported for it. It gives you XP, so obviously, IW put it there for a reason. The way I look at it, HC is exactly that, HARD, so if I gotta put in the extra effort to not die and get kills, if I'm one or two kills away from my AC-130 or Pave Low, and I don't wanna run out into a fire fight and die or get sniped or shot by some loser noob camping in a corner, yeah, I'm gonna run for the first friendly IMS, SAM Turret, Sentry Gun, whatever I see, and knife the **** out of it. Especially if I'm upwards of 30-5 or something and the guy who's 10-30 on my team is dragging us down. The least the noob can do is throw out a kill streak for me to destroy towards my kill streak that will actually help me and the entire team to win the match.

The thing is, life is full of stuff that isn't fair. It's just life, deal with it. Like they say, life's a *****, then ya die.

obzi

I totally agree with undis and yeah thanks for the headsup bugeygirl, I hope every player on this forum who sees you in a game from now destroys every killstreak you have and every bit of equipment you drop.

I dropped a trophy just yesterday and a teammate who was stood right next me destroyed it, the thing had only just touched the floor and he took it out.  I was livid and instantly stabbed him a couple of times out of utter frustration and to be honest I hate people who do that in games but god I was so angry.

Will reporting them as boosters work? I really hope so because if somebody tells me now it will I will go out of my way to report every single one.

ill-lll

As others have said, this was present in other games. That is not the issue, though. This is the first title that rewards you for doing this behavior. In other titles, it might have been funny or griefing, but that was the extent of it. In MW3, you get credit towards SitRep Pro, you earn experience, and you get a point toward your point streak. Giving players incentive to do it is why the problem is so widespread in this title only.

They need to take that **** out, personally if anyone destroys our stuff it should instant ban anyone who does it when they are in our team..... I am so sick of all these dickheads making the game harder for us by destroying our remote sentries tacs and everything else the only people who should be allowed to **** with our equipment is us or the enemies.... because this **** is ******* annoying........I blame the makers of this game for all my broken controllers.**** YOU ACTIVISION AND IW FOR IMPLENTING STUPID ******* IDEAS and allowing these douchebags to continue playing