36 Replies Latest reply: Jun 11, 2012 8:02 PM by CT_thrower RSS

MW2 or Black Ops 1.5 for Wii?

DudeSean
Which would you rather come out this fall for Wii? A port of Modern Warfare 2 (which will obviously be missing quite a bit of content) or a second disc for Black Ops including the missing maps (zombies and multiplayer) that the Wii version didn't get?

I vote Black Ops 1.5.
  • Re: MW2 or Black Ops 1.5 for Wii?
    padiego
    MW2. Its time for something new. Even if it means playing crap...hey at least its new...sorta..
    lolRich
    I vote for the Wii2 to hurry it's pretty lil' ass up,so we can have all those games without any content missing.
    DudeSean
    @padiego - Yeah, neither one would be new, but MW2 would be a mess of a game with half its content missing and BO1.5 would give all of us BOWii players what we've been wanting for a long time. I would rather play the other Zombie maps on Wii than MW2. I wouldn't even buy MW2 if it came out for Wii, whereas I would buy BO1.5. But, of course, that's me.

@lolrich - The "Wii2" isn't going to be out by November. Therefore, if a Nintendo home console is going to get a Call of Duty game, it's going to be on Wii. Might as well face that fact.
    lolRich

DudeSean wrote:

@padiego - Yeah, neither one would be new, but MW2 would be a mess of a game with half its content missing and BO1.5 would give all of us BOWii players what we've been wanting for a long time. I would rather play the other Zombie maps on Wii than MW2. I wouldn't even buy MW2 if it came out for Wii, whereas I would buy BO1.5. But, of course, that's me.

@lolrich - The "Wii2" isn't going to be out by November. Therefore, if a Nintendo home console is going to get a Call of Duty game, it's going to be on Wii. Might as well face that fact.

I said for it to "hurry it's pretty lil' ass up"...I never said it was comin' out in November.I doubt there's gonna be another CoD game on wii anyways.
    Mw2, simply because theres cold-blooded and riot shields + blast shield
    WTO | Slash

revisawesome wrote:

BB23
    I vote WaW remake...
    Best part of MW2 is where you use Commando to make people rage.

WTO | Slash wrote:

revisawesome wrote:

What? 
    DudeSean
    Wow. Nobody wants the rest of the content that the Wii version didn't get? Then why have people been complaining this whole time?
    lolRich

DudeSean wrote:

Wow. Nobody wants the rest of the content that the Wii version didn't get? Then why have people been complaining this whole time?

Cry about it some more,jack-ass.
    DudeSean

lolRich wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

Cry about it some more,jack-ass.

I'm surprised, not crying. Learn to not be stupid.

DudeSean wrote:

Very true, people cry about no DLC yet they would take MW2 over the rest of the content.  I would take both, BO is fun for me, I can deal with things that others must cry about all the time.  MW2 would be interesting because I never played it except for two campaign missions, although I will end up buying it for the PC.
    Lin Yao
    I would love to play mw2 over a black ops 1.5 variety is always great i still play relfex and waw.
    Well, I saw Iconboy's video and apparently the next CoD game for Wii is $60, 10 dollars more than usual. So, I am predicting, and this is quite optimistic, that we will get both MW2 and MW3 campaigns, and MW3 Multiplayer. IT would make up for the price, and help to not only patch the story line, but make up for the way we were screwed in BO. I don't really care about the DLCs anymore for BO. It is too late, and really, I would just like to start on the same page as all the other consoles when Wii 2 comes out, not a game behind.
    DudeSean
    @When in doubt C4 - The problem with MW2 on Wii is that people would just complain about the lack of content that it would have, whereas another choice is to get the rest of the content for BO Wii. Not everything, but we could have a more complete version of Black Ops or two incomplete games. It just makes more sense to me to have more of one thing than less of two things.
    I haven't played MW2's campaign. I'm not much into the campaign mode of Call of Duty games. I played through BO's campaign when I first got the game and never played it again. I didn't really like the extra modes in MW2, spec ops, I think it's called. Not nearly as much fun as zombies. Also, I think BO had a much better multiplayer than MW2, but that's my opinion.

@GromBloodboy - We can't even get a complete version of one game, how the hell are they going to try to give us two games in one? The Wii version of these games should be costing less since we're getting less content.
    andodel
    If Treyarch did release BO again, then they are in even worse shape than I thought.
    DudeSean

andodel wrote:

If Treyarch did release BO again, then they are in even worse shape than I thought.

Yeah, that would be awful if we actually got the rest of the game, huh? We'd be so much better off if we could get half of another game...
    Da Guy
    World at War 2.

Da Guy wrote:

World at War 2.

They already finished up W@W. Play the god damn campaign and you'll see. What happen to the fascist
    well i would like mw2 so i can see how amazing a ac 130 and a tactical nuke is. i mean 25 kill streak who can make it to do that in black ops since kills from killstreaks dont count towards the next killstreak anymore. in mw2, kills from killstreaks still count towards the next killstreaks. go for ac130 and probs stealth bomber and you got your self a nuke
    I WANT MW2! People on PS360 say that MW2 was really fun, and it would be nice to have! MW2 PLEASE!
    I would personally prefer MW3. But if MW2 or BO1.5 then......MW2.
    We wouldn't be missin half the content because it holds less memory than BO...I think. You know, the bigger the game, the more memory. We would definitely miss out on the CG and the AC130 and possibly the Predator Missile but I am fine with that. I prefer to play a game based on the modern era even though the Cold War/ Vietnamese Era was cool
    DudeSean
    I see. Well, let me ask you guys this, if Treyarch did come out with a Black Ops 1.5 (all the additional content that the Wii version didn't get) would you guys buy it?

MW2 sucks. BO is way better. It doesn't matter if it's "modern." A better game is a better game regardless of the setting.
    semperfi550
    If we do get MW2 i do think we will actually get the full game. I'm talking about the MP and how the AC130, Chopper Gunner, Predator Missle could be possible on the wii. On Black Ops Chopper Gunner, Gunship, Valkry Missle displayed the whole map and all it's detail. In MW2 those killstreaks do display the whole map BUT not in full detail. It's all shades of grey and white and a little red. What do ya think about that?
    skmace14
    I would get BO 1.5
    DudeSean

semperfi550 wrote:

If we do get MW2 i do think we will actually get the full game. I'm talking about the MP and how the AC130, Chopper Gunner, Predator Missle could be possible on the wii. On Black Ops Chopper Gunner, Gunship, Valkry Missle displayed the whole map and all it's detail. In MW2 those killstreaks do display the whole map BUT not in full detail. It's all shades of grey and white and a little red. What do ya think about that?

I think you're wrong and that MW2 on the Wii would be just as butchered as BO on Wii if not more. Making the map black and white isn't going to allow more polygons to be displayed.
    Da Guy

revisawesome wrote:

Da Guy wrote:

World at War 2.

They already finished up W@W. Play the god damn campaign and you'll see. What happen to the fascist

I do not recall one particular fascist in WaW.
    BooMRockS
    I wouldn't buy any of em, the BO 1.5 should be delivered for free via DLC patching or replacing the current disc by the full one via retailer IMO and MW2 just plain sucks to play online, it would be cool tht the AC-130 and chopper gunner might be gone but if its a port it means they won't be able to modify much of the original content.
    I do admit that playing the SP mode of MW2 would be thhe only thing worth buying, but concidering how short the campaing is...
    DudeSean

Joseph_4521 wrote:

I wouldn't buy any of em, the BO 1.5 should be delivered for free via DLC patching or replacing the current disc by the full one via retailer IMO and MW2 just plain sucks to play online, it would be cool tht the AC-130 and chopper gunner might be gone but if its a port it means they won't be able to modify much of the original content.
    I do admit that playing the SP mode of MW2 would be thhe only thing worth buying, but concidering how short the campaing is...

You expect to get all the DLC maps in BO for free on Wii even though they had to pay for it on the other systems? That's quite unrealistic. Each map pack is $15 on the other systems. I don't know how many map packs there will be. Four would be $60. Didn't someone say the next CoD on Wii would be $60?
    DontCareWatYouThink
    If the developers for MW 2 on Wii were good, no content would have to be removed.

Da Guy wrote:

World at War 2.

basically black ops   
    BooMRockS

DudeSean wrote:

Joseph_4521 wrote:

You expect to get all the DLC maps in BO for free on Wii even though they had to pay for it on the other systems? That's quite unrealistic. Each map pack is $15 on the other systems. I don't know how many map packs there will be. Four would be $60. Didn't someone say the next CoD on Wii would be $60?

Not the DLC but the content that is missing or whatever the OP is sayin, be it the map 5, the missing WaW maps or the fixes for the troubleshooting we have right now, I'm not expecting it to happen but we shouldn't be payin for content that should have been there in first place.
    DudeSean

Joseph_4521 wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

Joseph_4521 wrote:

Not the DLC but the content that is missing or whatever the OP is sayin, be it the map 5, the missing WaW maps or the fixes for the troubleshooting we have right now, I'm not expecting it to happen but we shouldn't be payin for content that should have been there in first place.

I am the OP. I'm not suggesting a second disc with nothing but the map "five" on it and all the things that they weren't able to put it in the Wii version due to lack of capabilities, I'm talking about five and all the DLC maps. If they're able to do anything that they couldn't do they first time around due to time restrictions then that would be nice, too.
    Also, the WaW maps would be nice, too, but most people on ps3 / 360 didn't get them, either.

@DontCareWatYouThink - I kind of don't think I should even say anything to you, considering your name, but anyway, it would be the same developers that brought all the Call of Duty games to Wii so far: Treyarch. They've yet to bring a single CoD game to the system without removing content, so I doubt they would be able to bring MW2 to the Wii.
    DudeSean
    Yeah, let's not discuss BO Wii in the BO Wii section...