1 2 3 4 Previous Next 228 Replies Latest reply: Feb 19, 2013 12:15 PM by jaysonsp Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
  • 10. Re: Quickscoping is not a crime don't treat it as such

no quickscoping, no 10 yr olds......... problemo solved

• 11. Re: Quickscoping is not a crime don't treat it as such
    AngryCrusader

in close quarters you switch to your secondary like a real sniper

• 12. Re: Quickscoping is not a crime don't treat it as such
    greencoffin72

Where's the dislike button?

• 13. Re: Quickscoping is not a crime don't treat it as such
    gallp13

THe crime in not playing the objectives and supporting the team....not the play style.

• 14. Re: Quickscoping is not a crime don't treat it as such
    esmorgue

It's a crime.

• 15. Re: Quickscoping is not a crime don't treat it as such
    esmorgue

It became virtually useless when they tried to make PatchScoping available for the trash that might have held out on buying DLC.

• 16. Re: Quickscoping is not a crime don't treat it as such
    nicedrewishfela

The crime is in those who run around like fools trying to do this to "get video clips" rather than playing to help their team or secure the objective.

It is an exploit in the game, as the aim assist does most of the work, and 9/10 times if you watch the kill cam the shot lands nowhere near the enemy. While it does take the skill of learning the exploit, its mostly just an annoyance to the rest of us.

I would like to see Snipers go back to how they were in games like W@W. You weren't even given a scope at first, but had to unlock it through using the weapon. I had a lot of respect for snipers in that game, as you know they had to put the work in to get to that level.

I don't mind if they make it quicker to bring the scope up, but the quickscope mechanic in MW3 is simply absurd. I hadn't noticed it much playing HC, but now that I've seen it in action on Face Off I see what a joke it is.

• 17. Re: Quickscoping is not a crime don't treat it as such

i dont think it is a crime, an exploit most defiantly . i have full respect for a sniper that can sit back find himself a spot and pick off targets at distance . the only problem with that is they get called camper , so true snipers find themself in a no win situation .

• 18. Re: Quickscoping is not a crime don't treat it as such
    myevo8you

OK then, if you think like this then when a player has a high caliber sniper rifle and hip fires it the player should be kocked upon the ground and his weapon thrown from his hand (just like real life) The more powerful snipers weigh around 40-50 lbs. and have enough recoil to knock a 200-250 lb. man on their backs with the force it creates, especially if they were running around and not supported.

You then go on to say "its not that easy, it took me a few hours, but it can be very useful." REALLY, a few hours? that is the definition of easy.

Now for a little history lesson as to WHY there is quickscoping. It was discovered by ACCIDENT by a group of players by combining certain perks together and was NEVER intended to be put into the game to start with. Then certain players posted videos up on a certain video sharing website and a whole lot of 12 year olds thought it was cool. These 12 year olds are now the 17-19 year old players that are the games "major purchasers". IW/Sledgehammer knew their game was a steaming pile of donky doo-doo and had really no choice but to implement it in their game so the 10% of the community that do it regularly would buy the game just for that reason. 

YES quickscoping was an EXPLOIT in the perk system to start with. Treyarch had sniping CORRECT in Black Ops. I had ZERO issues with actual SNIPING, not quickscoping. There were TONS of games (I only play TDM) that I had 20+ kills and 5-6 deaths using either the PSG1 or L96.

How would you guys like us shotgun users to have a shotgun that was a one shot kill from 500+ feet away?

• 19. Re: Quickscoping is not a crime don't treat it as such
    blb128

myevo8you wrote:

OK then, if you think like this then when a player has a high caliber sniper rifle and hip fires it the player should be kocked upon the ground and his weapon thrown from his hand (just like real life) The more powerful snipers weigh around 40-50 lbs. and have enough recoil to knock a 200-250 lb. man on their backs with the force it creates, especially if they were running around and not supported.

You then go on to say "its not that easy, it took me a few hours, but it can be very useful." REALLY, a few hours? that is the definition of easy.

Now for a little history lesson as to WHY there is quickscoping. It was discovered by ACCIDENT by a group of players by combining certain perks together and was NEVER intended to be put into the game to start with. Then certain players posted videos up on a certain video sharing website and a whole lot of 12 year olds thought it was cool. These 12 year olds are now the 17-19 year old players that are the games "major purchasers". IW/Sledgehammer knew their game was a steaming pile of donky doo-doo and had really no choice but to implement it in their game so the 10% of the community that do it regularly would buy the game just for that reason. 

YES quickscoping was an EXPLOIT in the perk system to start with. Treyarch had sniping CORRECT in Black Ops. I had ZERO issues with actual SNIPING, not quickscoping. There were TONS of games (I only play TDM) that I had 20+ kills and 5-6 deaths using either the PSG1 or L96.

How would you guys like us shotgun users to have a shotgun that was a one shot kill from 500+ feet away?

Great post. I agree. I've made the same shotgun argument before too. Both one shot kill weapons (sniper rifles and shotguns) are supposed to have distance limitations. Its called balance in the video game world. A$$clowns running around Qscoping for video montages are a waste of space.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next