31 Replies Latest reply: Jun 6, 2012 3:59 PM by greenxtc RSS

FoV changer - Is it alowed?

I have health problems (headache etc...) because I cant change fov in game... It's balanced for consoles and we (pc players) are left to play in pain. I'm sure that many people have the same problem as me... Question is, can we use software like "MW3 MP FoV Changer" to set fov that suits us? Can we get banned for using that software? It doesnt give any unfair advantage to the users so I hope we can use it... Thanks for answers in advance.

  • Re: FoV changer - Is it alowed?

    I Use it for a month and i have no problems with it, it only gets patched, nobody gets banned. It's allowed software.

  • Re: FoV changer - Is it alowed?

    I've been using it since 2 months kind of and haven't had a problem. I think there's no problem...

  • Re: FoV changer - Is it alowed?

    ok I don't get it. Normally the widest FOV you can get is a 16x9 ratio, like 1280x720 or 1360x768 (not truely but close) or 1600x900 or 1920x1080. Anything else will give you less peripheral vision, meaning you won't see as much on the sides. Are you saying that this software will give you even more peripheral vision than you can get with a 16x9 screen ratio?

    The demo looks like it's just adding a fish eye look to a standard screen resolution.

    BTW I run in a 1280x720 window with the monitor really close. I just find everything to be smoother that way.

  • Re: FoV changer - Is it alowed?

    Thanks for quick answers

  • Re: FoV changer - Is it alowed?
    candyslexia

    I'd like to once and for all give Infinity Ward's stance on this subject.

     

    We do not mind if a PC user has the FOV changer mod.

     

    We also do not ban anyone that is using the FOV mod.

     

    EDIT: Just had confirmation that Valve also does not issue bans for FOV changer.

    • Re: FoV changer - Is it alowed?

      IW doesn't mind if you do anything you want to do in the game, including hacking or anything else. That is painfully clear...

      • Re: FoV changer - Is it alowed?
        wierd worlds are these

        Yeah they don't mind you using cheat's or the FOV changer because they know IF vac was to actually detect and ban you for using either a cheat or the FOV, changer then you will simply buy the game again with the DLC again and then that gives them more money.

         

        Sorry but IW will say anything to try and get you to spend money on the game knowing full well that people will believe what crap they spout out of there ass.

         

         

        We were supposed to be able to report cheater's and IW were supposed to look and ban them, but that soon stopped.

         

        IW admitted that the pc gamers were being treated differently to the console players, and what have they done about it? I will tell you now what they have done, release a pointless patch and that is it.

         

        The thing's they should be doing have been listed on this forum many times over and I am not going to list them again, but IW won't do it because they know it will make them look stupid well more than they currently look when they have to admit that, the people who actually play the game are right and the developers are wrong, who don't actually play the game.

         

        The Close Quater's DLC get's released for Battlefield 3 this month, and Medal Of Honor is only 5 month's away and let's not forget that Black Op's 2 is out in 6 month's time, which up to now is looking like it's going to be a proper PC COD game unlike this crap.

        • Re: FoV changer - Is it alowed?

          wierd worlds are these wrote:

           

          Yeah they don't mind you using cheat's or the FOV changer because they know IF vac was to actually detect and ban you for using either a cheat or the FOV, changer then you will simply buy the game again with the DLC again and then that gives them more money.

           

          Sorry but IW will say anything to try and get you to spend money on the game knowing full well that people will believe what crap they spout out of there ass.

           

           

          We were supposed to be able to report cheater's and IW were supposed to look and ban them, but that soon stopped.

           

          IW admitted that the pc gamers were being treated differently to the console players, and what have they done about it? I will tell you now what they have done, release a pointless patch and that is it.

           

          The thing's they should be doing have been listed on this forum many times over and I am not going to list them again, but IW won't do it because they know it will make them look stupid well more than they currently look when they have to admit that, the people who actually play the game are right and the developers are wrong, who don't actually play the game.

           

          The Close Quater's DLC get's released for Battlefield 3 this month, and Medal Of Honor is only 5 month's away and let's not forget that Black Op's 2 is out in 6 month's time, which up to now is looking like it's going to be a proper PC COD game unlike this crap.

          Totally agree

        • Re: FoV changer - Is it alowed?
          candyslexia

          It is still possible to report cheaters and have them dealt with.

           

          An update to Xifon's report tool is in process and will be released to the community soon.

    • Re: FoV changer - Is it alowed?

      candyslexia wrote:

       

      I'd like to once and for all give Infinity Ward's stance on this subject.

       

      We do not mind if a PC user has the FOV changer mod.

       

      We also do not ban anyone that is using the FOV mod.

       

      I'm getting in touch with Valve to make sure they agree with us on this subject, but there you are .

      Ok then: Why was this not implemented in the first place?

       

      There we are WHERE?

       

      YOU don't mind BUT: vac might have a different opinion?

       

      That doesn't instill much confidence; if your right hand doesn't know what the left is doing.

      • Re: FoV changer - Is it alowed?

        She already updated her post, saying that Valve doesn't ban users for changing their FOV

         

        @candyslexia: Is there any chance that you can just patch the FOV to 80 by default? I mean it doesn't sound like much of an effort when having an SDK.

        • Re: FoV changer - Is it alowed?
          wierd worlds are these

          ArmsOfSorrow wrote:

           

          She already updated her post, saying that Valve doesn't ban users for changing their FOV

           

          @candyslexia: Is there any chance that you can just patch the FOV to 80 by default? I mean it doesn't sound like much of an effort when having an SDK.

           

          I will not believe a word that is said on behalf off Valve from a member of staff from a company who is known to lie and cheat to get ahead.

           

          The FOV changer inject's in the same way that a Cheat inject's itself in to the game and because of that, it can be detected as a cheat and get you VAC banned.

           

          Until I see it on the Steam Forums or the in the News section on Steam saying it will not get you banned I will not be using it.

           

          As for patching the game, it would help if they had someone who can actually code for the pc but considering they all left and now they only have people who can copy and paste it will not be patched in to the game.

           

          Just look how bad the coding is for the pc when, my GTX 680 is used the same amount as when I am playing Battlefield 3 which has by far superior graphic's and larger map's etc.

           

          They cannot stop the cheaters even with there so called "cheat proof IWnet" they will not give real dedicated servers, because they cause people to cheat according to IW unyet there are more cheaters on MW3's IWnet system than Black Op's had on the Real Dedicated Servers.

           

          There are thing's that have been removed from the game like LEAN because the Xbox controller doesn't have enough buttons on it, and IW now don't have anyone who can code it in to the game.

           

          I reckon it takes IW the whole amount of 2 month's to deal with the pc version and that includes testing it.

           

          That is the reason why there will never be another beta for a Call Of Duty game because, when you buy the game you are actually buying the beta and then over the space of 9 month's or so they fix a few of the issues, so that the majority of people can play the game.

           

           

          The whole Call Of Duty Series as far as pc gamers stand now lies in the hand's of Treyarch and if they stuff up just about as IW and SHG, then Call Of Duty will die after Black Op's 2 on the pc simply because I don't think people really want to pay for something that is so crap compared to the games being made by real game developers such as Dice, and Danger Close and also by the look's of it, Respawn Entertainment the developers of the last great Call Of Duty game and then there is also Robotoki, which is Robert Bowlings company which seem's to want to do a good job for the pc gamers.

           

          What most FPS developers forget is that without the pc gaming community then they would not be in a job.

           

          I have my list of games for this year.

           

          Medal Of Honor

          Halo 4

          The New Need For Speed Most Wanted (possibly 2013)

          Possibly Black Op's 2

          Far Cry 3

          The New Tomb Raider Possibly

          CS:GO

          • Re: FoV changer - Is it alowed?

            I don't think anyone from Valve will post on the Steam Forums, just because of a small 3rd party tool that's now allowed. It's not their job to do that, as the PC version is still maintained by IW even though using Steam.

            Regarding candy's post, you'll have to take her word on that, because I don't think that Gabe Newell himself will confirm this.

            • Re: FoV changer - Is it alowed?

              word?.... hmmm. Their word is BS. I know someone using it and they haven't been banned. That is the only evidence I would take. I don't use it myself.

              • Re: FoV changer - Is it alowed?

                It shouldn't trigger a VAC ban (at least AgentRev, the developer of the FOV changer says that) and I haven't heard of a single case that someone was banned for using this tool.

                About "their" word...you're referring to the MW2-dedicated-server-promise, I guess. They didn't say it themselves (what purpose would it even have?), but it looks like the lack of dedis wasn't really their fault. At least Jason West's Biography at Respawn hints that.

                • Re: FoV changer - Is it alowed?
                  jibmoney

                  So Vince and Jason didn't have any say on Dedicated servers? Thats odd because they were the developers of the game.

                  • Re: FoV changer - Is it alowed?

                    I would guess he's a company man; trying to shed some sort of positive light on IW:

                     

                    and doesn't realize he's a day late and a dollar short.

                     

                    There is no way IW can TALK there way out of their poor prefomance rating; with the REAL PC gammers.

                     

                    Poison_pawn POC

                • Re: FoV changer - Is it alowed?
                  wierd worlds are these

                  ArmsOfSorrow wrote:

                   

                  It shouldn't trigger a VAC ban (at least AgentRev, the developer of the FOV changer says that) and I haven't heard of a single case that someone was banned for using this tool.

                  About "their" word...you're referring to the MW2-dedicated-server-promise, I guess. They didn't say it themselves (what purpose would it even have?), but it looks like the lack of dedis wasn't really their fault. At least Jason West's Biography at Respawn hints that.

                   

                  Well it's funny you mention MW2 as it just show's your not reading the post's fully considering I cannot see anyone saying anything about the, fact that at the start of development IW said there would be dedicated servers on MW2 with the choice of using IWnet, and then a few month's later they said actually there will on be IWnet.

                   

                   

                   

                  Infinity Ward will say and do anything they can to try to force people in to buying the game.

                   

                  I wonder what MW4 will be like.

                   

                  "Here have ranked dedicated servers"

                   

                  "Here have IWnet"

                   

                  "Because the console gamers get there 4$$ handed to them all the time, we have now made it so all you have to do is look at someone and they die you don't even have to pull the trigger"

                   

                  I saw a video the other day and it was Guns4hire, and his kid talking and what was funny is that his kid said he would rather play Battlefield 3 because it was harder.

                   

                  To many games now are hand holding you when you play.

                   

                  I have to agree with Jibmoney on the matter of West and Zampella in regard's to the decision on Dedicated Servers, they are the ones who were developing the game and they would have known it needed, dedicated servers and would have wanted to put them in but were probably threatend to not put them in.

                   

                  Although they are not blameless on the whole matter the puppet master that is Activision is the whole reason for the downfall of Call Of Duty and when it fail's, fully on the PC the developers and publisher will have no one to blame but themselves for putting out a half 4$$ed game.

                   

                  Comes to something now when, for a long time I have been saying there wasn't as many cheaters in this game as other people seemed to think there was, that is until the last week when everygame I went in regardless of whether it was on IWnet or the crappy dedicated servers, had atleast 3 people using cheats.

                   

                  1 person has even had a cheat that stopped them from being kicked from the game by MW3SA.

                   

                  I would record footage and upload it and report them but considering they won't/cant be banned because of the crappy VAC system in use I see no point in bothering.

                   

                   

                   

                  I mean seriously tell me the last thing that was fixed apart from the "DLC files are different from the servers files" because I have not seen the host choice getting fixed, I have not seen anything added to the game to fix it, but they can add 10 more pointless level's of prestige, and can add extra map's and gametypes, but only as part of DLC.

                   

                  PC gamers have to wait 4 month's for DLC, we have to wait around 2 month's for patches if not longer.

                   

                  We have to put up with cheaters in the game because the developers cannot be 4$$ed to use a real anti cheat system.

                   

                  We have to dig around the net to find out about what the latest patch has done, because we don't have anyone in IW who are willing to tell us the information.

                   

                  We have pointless members of staff showing there faces because there were complaint's made, but those members of staff are probably just being told "say whatever you want but don't promise anything or say we will do anything".

                   

                  The only time we get anything fixed on the PC game is if the Xbox game has the same fault, because as far as they are concerned if the almighty xbox doesn't have the problem then us pc gamers, are just making up the issue for no reason.

                   

                  Screw IW and there crappy console ported game, with no support or fault fixing.

                   

                  Screw IW and there constant "oh we treated the pc gamers unfairly, what we will do is give them 1000 more rank's and double xp for a weekend and that will fix everything"

                   

                  I really wish someone worthwhile would read these forum's and see the state of this "perfect" game as there precious game is quite simply outplayed and outclassed by Wolfenstien 3d which, can now be played for free in the browser.

                  • Re: FoV changer - Is it alowed?
                    jibmoney

                    Thank you for your comment Wierd worlds. I have always wondered who made the ultimate decision to not have dedicated servers in MW2, was it Activision, West or Zampella? We all know it takes a PC to make a console game and not the other way around.......but it seems like a total reach around to the PC community.

                  • Re: FoV changer - Is it alowed?

                    I actually DID read the other posts. Indeed, nobody posted anything about MW2, but didn't they promise that everything would be like in CoD 4? Wasn't the whole shitstorm about, that it turned out to be different in the end? That's what I was referring to.

                    wierd worlds are these wrote:

                     

                     

                    I saw a video the other day and it was Guns4hire, and his kid talking and what was funny is that his kid said he would rather play Battlefield 3 because it was harder.

                    Ok, I don't know what a kid's opinion does have to do with this subject, but I'll leave that as it stands above.

                    wierd worlds are these wrote:

                     

                    To many games now are hand holding you when you play.

                     

                    That's true, however, games that are played by millions of people are made to be "accessible" for everybody. If you want a hardcore game, CS is waiting for you.

                     

                    wierd worlds are these wrote:

                     

                    I mean seriously tell me the last thing that was fixed apart from the "DLC files are different from the servers files" because I have not seen the host choice getting fixed, I have not seen anything added to the game to fix it, but they can add 10 more pointless level's of prestige, and can add extra map's and gametypes, but only as part of DLC.

                    PC gamers have to wait 4 month's for DLC, we have to wait around 2 month's for patches if not longer.

                    True, I agree with most of it. I actually encountered that error even after the patch. The delay however is partially because of their deal with Microsoft. They could at least release it at the same time as on PS3.

                     

                    wierd worlds are these wrote:

                     

                    We have to put up with cheaters in the game because the developers cannot be 4$$ed to use a real anti cheat system.

                    Define a "real" anti-cheat system. And don't tell me you know an online game where nobody is cheating.

                     

                    wierd worlds are these wrote:

                     

                    We have to dig around the net to find out about what the latest patch has done, because we don't have anyone in IW who are willing to tell us the information.

                    True. I'd like to see the patch notes posted on Steam, like with every other game. That would give some information to the people who want to know what the patches are about.

                     

                    wierd worlds are these wrote:

                     

                    We have pointless members of staff showing there faces because there were complaint's made, but those members of staff are probably just being told "say whatever you want but don't promise anything or say we will do anything".

                    Probably. But we can't take that for sure. Time will tell.

                     

                    wierd worlds are these wrote:


                    Screw IW and there crappy console ported game, with no support or fault fixing.

                    Actually it's a good port in my opinion, at least in terms of performance optimization. Look at Black Ops. The graphics were mediocre and yet did it lag, even on the newest hardware. Now look at MW2/MW3. Graphics aren't much better, but I can play it on my laptop (which isn't really powerful) on high settings and with 2x AA.

                     

                    Well, for now that's all I have to say.

                    ~ArmsOfSorrow

          • Re: FoV changer - Is it alowed?

            wierd worlds are these wrote:

             

            I will not believe a word that is said on behalf off Valve from a member of staff from a company who is known to lie and cheat to get ahead.

             

            The FOV changer inject's in the same way that a Cheat inject's itself in to the game and because of that, it can be detected as a cheat and get you VAC banned.

             

            Until I see it on the Steam Forums or the in the News section on Steam saying it will not get you banned I will not be using it.

             

             

            Ok, now you can see a post in steam forums:  http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2737088

        • Re: FoV changer - Is it alowed?

          ArmsOfSorrow wrote:

           

          She already updated her post, saying that Valve doesn't ban users for changing their FOV

           

          @candyslexia: Is there any chance that you can just patch the FOV to 80 by default? I mean it doesn't sound like much of an effort when having an SDK.

          Not before I posed the question:

           

          And a "default" FOV is not what anyone's asking for; we want what we've always had before: CHOICE.

           

          you guy's can keep changing, and rewording the conversation all you like; but the simple truth of the matter is CHOICE.

           

          And don't pull the extreme, straw man out of the closet; no one EVER suggested NO parameters:

           

          But we will not be buying any more LOCKED DOWN, LACK LUSTER, UN CUSTOMIZABLE, FEATURE DEFICIENT, UN MONITORABLE, WAIST OF BANDWIDTH, AND SPACE, PIECE OF GARBAGE.

           

          I will not write ANOTHER list of features that this game is deficient of.

          I read nearly every post in this PC section of the forums AND I DON"T GET PAID TO DO IT; so please do not insult our intelligent's further; with you claim of artificial ignorance.

           

          You know who we are, and what we want: You have been put on notice. Delete away, I will simply re post.

           

          MW3 IS BEYOND REPAIR....But: if you intend to sell future tittles, to the PC community; you had better wise up.

           

          Poison_pawn POC (pc only community)

          • Re: FoV changer - Is it alowed?

            I think some of you guys need to do a bit more research into the developer/publisher relationship before pointing the flamethrower at IW only.

             

            From a publisher's point of view Activision (IW past or present is largely irrelevant) couldn't care less about the PC side of the CoD franchise and certainly won't take historical precedence, as an indicator as to where they should be concentrating their investment for current and future titles. PC is alot of money/manpower for very little return in comprison to consoles and as far as a publisher is concerned that is all that matters. The vociferous PC "community" (I hate that word when it comes to gaming) is about the only thing stopping Activision from dropping the platform altogether and believe me if Activision don't want to publish a CoD title for the PC then there is nothing that IW or anyone outside of that company can do to change their minds, as they hold the distribution and marketing budget/resources.

             

            IW are not going to deny Activision decisions on how the multiplayer experience is delivered (no ranked dedicated servers) because to do so would mean the publisher taking their title investment and publishing deal to another company. This is in essence what has happened anyway - Activison have bought in Sledgehammer and Beachhead and have managed or are managing IW and the turbulent members of that company out (I use the word turbulent in a priestly sense ;-) ).

             

            IW as it stands at the moment is probably doing what it can with the revenue it is getting and more importantly within the remit granted to it by Activision. BTW a normal deal on a $60 title grants the developer about $15 per copy and this time round there are 3 companies sharing that revenue, one of which is supposed to be running a "managed service" (aka Elite). Oh another reason Activision probably don't care for PC is that selling through Steam cuts down their margin in favour of the developer (last time I looked it was roughly $30 to the developer on a $60 title). I expect the deal for IW is worse though since the corporate shenanigans after MW2 have no doubt left Activision with a "new" deal, which I doubt is anywhere near as good as the previous one.

             

            Summary is therefore, you can ***** and moan all you like to IW, but you won't get ranked dedicated servers when that service would compete with Elite (the strategic direction Activision is following) and mod tools (or any other avenues into the IP) are just out of the question.

             

            Oh and I wouldn't hold up BF3 as some shining alternative, as EA have essentially replaced Steam/Valve for distribution by running it to market via their Origin service and hence I expect the terms Dice have are a million miles away from the more attractive traditional Steam/Valve deal.

             

            The reality as I see it, is that there are 3 choices:

             

            1. Stick with what you have and try to get change with what little influence you can given that you are not talking to the decisiion makers here (GHANDII had to go to Activision recently just on the upcoming matchmaking fix that's apparently in the works, as evidence of how much control they have over IW and what can and can't be released).

             

            2. Look elsewhere for a title that delivers what you want, but doesn't feed the current publisher/developer paradigm (there's only one or two FPS developers I know of that fall outside of that).

             

            3. Develop your own title (have deep pockkets, prepare for alot of hard work and even more aggrovation if you want to go to market or get investment outside of the aforementioned paradigm).

             

            That was depressing to write, but from my own experiences probably realistic and I'm happy to be proven wrong....time will tell.

            • Re: FoV changer - Is it alowed?

              Mr Teatameh wrote:

               

              I think some of you guys need to do a bit more research into the developer/publisher relationship before pointing the flamethrower at IW only.

               

              From a publisher's point of view Activision (IW past or present is largely irrelevant) couldn't care less about the PC side of the CoD franchise and certainly won't take historical precedence, as an indicator as to where they should be concentrating their investment for current and future titles. PC is alot of money/manpower for very little return in comprison to consoles and as far as a publisher is concerned that is all that matters. The vociferous PC "community" (I hate that word when it comes to gaming) is about the only thing stopping Activision from dropping the platform altogether and believe me if Activision don't want to publish a CoD title for the PC then there is nothing that IW or anyone outside of that company can do to change their minds, as they hold the distribution and marketing budget/resources.

               

              IW are not going to deny Activision decisions on how the multiplayer experience is delivered (no ranked dedicated servers) because to do so would mean the publisher taking their title investment and publishing deal to another company. This is in essence what has happened anyway - Activison have bought in Sledgehammer and Beachhead and have managed or are managing IW and the turbulent members of that company out (I use the word turbulent in a priestly sense ;-) ).

               

              IW as it stands at the moment is probably doing what it can with the revenue it is getting and more importantly within the remit granted to it by Activision. BTW a normal deal on a $60 title grants the developer about $15 per copy and this time round there are 3 companies sharing that revenue, one of which is supposed to be running a "managed service" (aka Elite). Oh another reason Activision probably don't care for PC is that selling through Steam cuts down their margin in favour of the developer (last time I looked it was roughly $30 to the developer on a $60 title). I expect the deal for IW is worse though since the corporate shenanigans after MW2 have no doubt left Activision with a "new" deal, which I doubt is anywhere near as good as the previous one.

               

              Summary is therefore, you can ***** and moan all you like to IW, but you won't get ranked dedicated servers when that service would compete with Elite (the strategic direction Activision is following) and mod tools (or any other avenues into the IP) are just out of the question.

               

              Oh and I wouldn't hold up BF3 as some shining alternative, as EA have essentially replaced Steam/Valve for distribution by running it to market via their Origin service and hence I expect the terms Dice have are a million miles away from the more attractive traditional Steam/Valve deal.

               

              The reality as I see it, is that there are 3 choices:

               

              1. Stick with what you have and try to get change with what little influence you can given that you are not talking to the decisiion makers here (GHANDII had to go to Activision recently just on the upcoming matchmaking fix that's apparently in the works, as evidence of how much control they have over IW and what can and can't be released).

               

              2. Look elsewhere for a title that delivers what you want, but doesn't feed the current publisher/developer paradigm (there's only one or two FPS developers I know of that fall outside of that).

               

              3. Develop your own title (have deep pockkets, prepare for alot of hard work and even more aggrovation if you want to go to market or get investment outside of the aforementioned paradigm).

               

              That was depressing to write, but from my own experiences probably realistic and I'm happy to be proven wrong....time will tell.

               

              Thank you for the reply:

               

              I'm not going to respond to each point individually (that would take to much time from RL)

               

              But I will say this:

              All they need to do to make us (the PC only community) happy, is to scrap IWnet, and Elite for the PC; and copy and paste dedicated servers files from a previous tittle.(I.E. COD4)

               

              That would be beneficial to them; in terms of manpower, and recourses; as well as satisfy our sense of freedom and choice.

               

              and they can essentially continue to ignore us, at that point.(I have never found it necessary to spend so much time on a developers web site, in the past)

               

              As it is now (make no mistake: This is not a threat, but a notice) we WILL find another game developer; and neither you or EA will have to bother with us again.

               

              Poison_pawn POC

  • Re: FoV changer - Is it alowed?

    I have enjoyed the substance in this thread. If money is the issue, then I would pay more for service. I wonder why Activision hasn't considered that model. As for Microsoft, if I were in control, I'd tell them to get in line. They are NOT in control.

  • Re: FoV changer - Is it alowed?

    It is still possible to report cheaters and have them dealt with.

     

    An update to Xifon's report tool is in process and will be released to the community soon.

     

    Honestly, reporting has not been an issue in the past, but getting results has been. What good is a reporting tool if no one is acting on the reports. And I refer back to this cheater that was reported March 27th, and is still at it- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WQeZKTtvyM

  • Re: FoV changer - Is it alowed?

    Too bad, we cant play in competitive league with this FoV changer. :/

  • Re: FoV changer - Is it alowed?

    A post on steam forums saying that FOV changer is in the white list of VAC: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2737088

  • Re: FoV changer - Is it alowed?

    FoV Changer is not allowed on UAC.

     

    By an admin from UAC forum:

    {USSP DExUS } | UAC admin | 4 months ago


    I agree that change of the FOV is needed for that game.
    But since it is not part of the game and it is done by external application and not all players use it, it is considered a cheat since it gains significant advantage for the user against their oponents.
    If use of such application is mandatory for all players and the game can't be even used without it, only then it is fine.

    Source: http://uac.ac/#forum_posts/id=2311|from=40

     

    It would be so much better if the devs could unlock the cvar (cg_fov xx) instead...