22 Replies Latest reply: Jun 5, 2012 2:40 PM by King_Nemba RSS

E3

warzh311ion

Well we got to see some more aspects of the SP game play. Looks OK but I can see some of things that have a chance of making it to the MP. Like the return of a new, improved gunship. I don'tbut who knows. think the x-ray scope will make it to the MP,

• Re: E3

From what I've heard so far that scope will most likely be in MP, either as a KS, or just a scope you unlock later depending on how they do unlocks in that game whether they do COD points, or if it's going to be like MW3 where you have to use the gun long enough to unlock it.

King_Nemba

They might not even do either of those if they've revamped the whole system. Haha. How else would they do it though?

That is true. It makes me wonder how the multiplayer is going to be in Black Ops 2, I know it's focusing on the futuristic side of things, but how is the ranking system and stuff going to work? I've heard *leaked* info on it, but I don't know if it's true or not.

warzh311ion

The one thing I know is that 99% of the "leaked" material is false. Just people trying to get a rise or get people to talk about something.

stonculd

I really hope that thing doesn't make it into multiplayer but if it does I hope it is extremely limited in how it can be used. Xray infared scope? I think it will unbalance multiplayer really bad.

I truly hope this game is great because it's my money going to it. I have high hopes, but that gameplay looked awful. So many issues, and the jet when it shot sounded like a power tool.

I'm sure most informmation is fake. I've heard there will be 15 prestiges and you will have to reach level 50 the first time, and every prestige it adds 5 levels you have to earn to prestige again. That's one rumor i've heard floating around. And the rumor about the scope is that it will somehow be a killstreak. That would be for the best I think, but if it isn't and they do put it in multiplayer they should not have CoD points, or if they do have CoD points make the scope expensive. I wouldn't mind seeing CoD points again, but I also like having to work with the gun to unlock stuff for it. So we'll see, either way I'll be satisfied with the game. Just from what I saw I think it's going to be a good game.

King_Nemba

Not a killstreak so much, a pointstreak is the rumor that was going around. In other words, you actually have to hit objectives in order to get the scope. Sounds cool to me.

Hey guys you might want to check this vid out!  looks pretty decent SP gameplay http://mp1st.com/2012/06/04/e3-2012-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii-gameplay-demo-debu t/

rankismet

warzh311ion wrote:

Well we got to see some more aspects of the SP game play. Looks OK but I can see some of things that have a chance of making it to the MP. Like the return of a new, improved gunship. I don'tbut who knows. think the x-ray scope will make it to the MP,

I'm worried it will...

... however...

... if it's a pain to unlock and is much more balanced in MP then it's all good. The scope in the demo was redonculous for MP if that is how it will be.

Emoticon

I don't see how it will be the scope which you can see through walls (via the green sphere on screen) is fairly small now if it had THERMAL sight capabilities whereas you looked down the scope and could see through everything instead of looking at a specific spot then it would be HELLA OP. I'm not worried about it. Just another challenge to overcome...if you can move fast use your eyes and your skills...this ish shouldn't be a threat.

stonculd

Maybe there will be a sensor in your equipment that tells you that you are being sighted in?

OR YO peep this remember the movie Eraser with Arnold Schwarzenegger? The rail gun in that movie shined a green light on wherever it was aimed at and ya know now that I think of it this gun resembles the SAME characteristics of that gun minus the power and having the charge. So if you look on screen somewhat like a reaper targeting you with the red light maybe it'll be the same?

gallp13

X-ray scope in MP.......would like to understand more about its MP implementation before giving final comment. MP implementation will be critical to ensure balance. Applaud 3arc for comming up will innovative ideas to keep the franchise fresh.....just not sure at this stage whether or not X-ray scopes are the G-O.

a.d.p.alien

Now we can shoot right through concrete bridge abutments and kill with one shot. Just like  a wallhacker  does now . Yep I can see multi player being a real joke again. Hope campaign is worth 60.00 bucks.

rankismet

a.d.p.alien wrote:

Now we can shoot right through concrete bridge abutments and kill with one shot. Just like  a wallhacker  does now . Yep I can see multi player being a real joke again. Hope campaign is worth 60.00 bucks.

Damn... do you know peeps here are going... "Abut whut?"

dstr001

I get the feeling that the hover jetplane is the new gunship; works much in the same way, they just have to disable the boost in MP as it would be useless lol.

am i the only person who thought it looked terrible and i really hope that sniper scope doesnt make it into the online side of the game

avengedyesterday

Lol wow some of you are taking all this to the extreme. It was a single player video. Why start shedding tears about MP when we still know 0 about it..

This isn't MW3. If the xray scope makes it in, it will have counters and i highly highly doubt it wil also allow you to shoot through anything.

warzh311ion

There will be counters for it the xray indeed. Then people will ***** that they are forced to use the counter instead of something else. Then the people using the scope will complain that everyone uses the counter. Then the people using th......

Avenged, on the day of release I will walk up to you in game.... Please shot me in the head and get it over with!

King_Nemba

I wish a sniper could shoot the person in the head in killstreak ships. There's been a couple times in past COD's where you could see into the windshield but it's blurred so you can't snipe into it.