34 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2012 5:45 AM by Izjar11 RSS

Question for you!

Izjar11

Will you buy  the new game knowing that that lag / lag comp / DLC release dates / spawns / camping will be included? It has followed every title before, BOPs2 will have the same issues.

I'm curious than. Those who complain on these forums buy the game knowing its faults willingly, than come here to presume innocence? That they were "robbed" and so forth?

• Re: Question for you!
    Izjar11

No answers? Funny how many remain quiet! Ok COD community interesting..

You only waited like 10 minutes before you posted on your own post! I'll still buy it regardless of its flaws as EVERY COD has been beast!

i will buy it say its the best yet like i have done on all cods sayin how i love the new stuff then after about a month start sayin stuff like they should have fetched this back from this cod and so on twist at this twist at that and play the hell out of it love or hate cod its a drug we all need no matter how much we try and walk away from it hahahahaah

zvers

I will buy it. They will always have to patch and tweak software. BLOPS maps are way bigger in my view so the spawns will not be as horrendous. Also, I never had issues with 'spawn trapping' in BLOPS, so I don't see that as an issue.

Remember that this game is in the future. The equipment and gadgets are going to make many people fume!!!!! Reminds me of the "laptop gun" in the game Perfect Dark! Lol! Sooooo cheap.

AC_786

yes i will spend close a 100 pound of my hard earned cash on the harden'd edition of black ops 2 as i know i will end up purchasing the DLC so may as well just grab me the harden'd edition of the game :facepalm:

wridtrvlr

You just posted the same thing in the BLOPS 2 forum....   CAUGHT YA!!!!!

See my response there. 

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200424917

TheBeastlyDude

Why would people rush to post to your post that is almost the same exact question that has been posted at least 20 times since last November?

rlbl

Izjar11 wrote:

Will you buy  the new game knowing that that lag / lag comp / DLC release dates / spawns / camping will be included? It has followed every title before, BOPs2 will have the same issues.

I'm curious than. Those who complain on these forums buy the game knowing its faults willingly, than come here to presume innocence? That they were "robbed" and so forth?

1 - Lag Comp is in every game, so yes

2 - I did not realize that camping was a game feature. Has nothing to do with the game (it is the players), so Yes

3 - Lag: will always be there, but with better matchmaking it would be better.  So instead of lag I will say if poor matchmaking is there, No

4 - DLC release dates: If XBOX gets them 1st, or 2nd, it has nothing to do with how/when I play them on PS3.  The argument is never ending: Like "was the year 2000 the start of the millennium as there was no year 0".  Who cares? It was 2000 years from something (not sure I am clear, but it is relative to anything you want, not something specific). If people stopped looking at what happens on the XBOX, things would drop when they drop... so yes

My thinking was and always will be: BO is the best game in the series (so far), but was often unplayable. I moved off of it because MW2 was smooth(er) and my friends were moving to it. I figured:

1 - if MW3 was great, it would be either be my last COD (or stick with IW and buy games every 2 years

2 - if MW3 was so-so, I would rent BO2 and see what's what (see point 4)

3 - if MW3 was bad, I would buy BO2 and would never buy another IW game again and buy 3arc games every two years

4 - if BO2 was not great (matchmaking the deal breaker)... done with COD

I am leaning towards 3, and we shall se about 4 (time will tell)... not (likely) going to buy the hardened edition of BO2 and still not sure on Elite 2.0... but I am moving back to the next 3arc installment and tossing MW3 out the window when it makes sense (not really, but I will likely try and get some credit towards BO2... 1st game I do this with in the series)

Izjar11

Great post Rlbl, thanks bro. I will purchase the game with known issues / frustrations, and from my BOPs experience I prefer treyarchs work over IW.

rlbl

Yea it was a complete 180 for me. W@W was technically my 1st COD and I hated it.  I then played MW2 and loved it... then went back and played COD4 and understood what people were saying (but it was hard to find a lobby that was not hacked).

Then I played BO and LOVED it over MW2, but I often got frustrated because it was so unplayable at times. Skipping frames, screen turning blue, host migrations never completing and eventually getting dropped.

Now with MW3 I do not think I will buy another IW game again (I know it is not the same company...).  I am anxiously waiting to see if BO2 takes everything good about BO and make it better. I will be truly sad if matchmaking is bollocks, thus making the 'effects" of lag compensation exaggerated with too many WTF?! moments.

After lessons learned from BO, and MW3, one would think that BO2 should be a good game (I mean why create anything less than stellar if one wanted to keep the COD franchise alive!?)

Izjar11

After reading more complaints recently on MW3 I posted this question awhile ago and I'll relive it,

With all the known issues that this game has, and knowing that the BOPS II will have share some of the same issues, are you going to buy it?

monkeylord

I brought MW3 after suffering the whole if your host sometimes your ps3 will freeze up midgame and you'd have to do a hard reset that was BOPs. So i'll be one of the masses getting in line for BOP2.

rlbl

I am hoping that more of my friends turn their PS3s back on when BO2 coms out (lol)

Even with the renewal of the AV/MS contract, yep I will as my decisions have nothing to do with it. 

- I will not buy BO2 if it does not run properly on the PS3

- I will not buy Elite 2.0 until I am satisfied that I will eventually want the DLC*

* not meaning to slander MW3 or IW/Beachead, but had I known then what I know now: I would have not been an elite paying member because getting map drops has been a disaster as I find I cannot play them as most people did not buy elite (not their fault, but it is what it is).  And from a personal standpoint, I only like 2 of the DLC maps so far... and I only they are so-so at best.

Clan ops are a joke (when there are even any clan ops), and what ever happened to the clan challenges?

Elite Functionaily/Website is broken half the time

meh, the list goes on lol

You pose an interesting question. I'm not much of a complainer outside stupid teammates, but I semi-understand where some of them are coming from.

Lag: Has always been there, will always be there, I agree that people should just shut up and play. If I have issues with lag, its a very simple solution. Quit the game, find a new lobby.

Lag Comp: Lag comp is a necessary feature to any FPS, and I don't get why people ***** about it. It will be in BO2, so people complaining about it is pointless. I have one situation/question for the lag comp haters though. I'm in a gunfight with someone. I have a 25 ping connection to the host, he has a 100ping connection. Obviously one of us is going to be screwed by lag comp. But, why are we in the same lobby? I blame matchmaking for having lag comp be a factor

DLC: Non factor for me. Pointless to complain about really

Camping: I think a lot of the rage on campers you see is frustration over a death on a long streak or frustration over struggling in general. I think a lot of this is a knee jerk reaction to losing a gun fight. In all honesty, if somoeone really has that big of an issue with camping, they shouldn't be buying an FPS in general

Spawns: Spawns are really only an issue in MW3. I've never played a CoD title with the crazy spawns I've seen in this game. Last night playing KC, a guy spawned in front of me close enough for me to knife. At another point I was using a sniper rifle, saw a guy run into the open and shot him, somehow I got a triple kill. I watched the replay in theater, two guys spawned literally right behind him. Crazy things like that seem to happen every game in MW3, bad spawns were few and far between in past CoDs.

So I guess my point to you is that I still will be buying the game, knowing these issues may or may not be present. I honestly think most people just like to *****, and thats why they complain, but thats just me.

Izjar11

Thanks for posting, your lag explanation is what is the problem, matchmaking was supposedly improved. I would also suggest pay attention to the ping when joining and try to avoid the <125 pings.

OpTiCzZ_ScOpEzZ-

A lot of people say " THATS IT! I'M DONE WITH COD". November comes by and they eventually get the next CoD installment

I typically don't play in a lobby over <75ms ping for that exact reason.

I would say that in general guys who can't get into those lobbies have the biggest issues with lag/lag comp. I was saying in general if you're blaming lag comp for the death, it's poor matchmakings fault you're even in that situation. It really only takes one poor connection to screw all 12 lobby members, and expecting everyone in the lobby to have connected at <75ms ping is a bit unrealistic

The matchmaking patch didn't help much at all either to be honest. I play in a party of 6 and were all in the same state, yet we're still placed in foreign lobbies. I'm not sure a simple patch is enough to address something as big as matchmaking to be honest

azn_chic

I'll probably rent it to play the campaign...then try out the MP. If it's not great then I just won't buy it. If there are noticable improvements in the whole lag thing, I may just purchase a used copy. Usually my fiance and I will get two copies so that we can play online together, or Co-Op, but I don't think we'll do that for this game.

I bought blops on release day and was disapointed, still am with that pos.

I was going to rent and see what mw3 played like but on release day I was passing the store and caved in and purchased it and have regreted it ever since, as it has not run right since then and now coming up to seven months later it still runs like a piece of garbage and whats even more annoying is the fact that the devs promise fixes but just don't deliver.

My only saving grace was I did not purchase that rubbish elite and am so glad I didn't. (and I have not purchased any of the maps and will not) My reasoning is why should I give them my money when they do not fix existing problems. If you bought any other product anywhere and it did not deliver on promises and how it should run, you would get a refund. What have they done for anyone?

I believe that gaming in general and especially this series has now sold out to the man and has got unhealthily greedy. They have moved away from their core fan/user base and modded the game so it is more kiddy frendly to appeal to a mass market to increase their profitability. Look at what they have done, instead of fixing these same issues that nearly all complain about they bring out retarded new game modes that really only appeal to someone with a kindergarten mentality that even encourage boosting, and they ignore the main issues. Its laughable if it wasn't so sad, they make all these promises and deliver nothing, and do you know why? because they can get away with it. I have been playing video games since the 1970's and have never seen such bad customer service and empty promises as this companies.

So in answer to your question I will not be buying blops2 until I have read the various forums and then I will only rent it to see how I like it. Because I bet nothing will change. I hope it does, but really come on do you really think it will?

Work_Hard_Play_Hard

I will purchase BO2, however I will not be pre-ordering 3 copies as I did with BO and MW3 as my sons never even got to 1st prestige before giving up on it, both collecting dust (MW3).

The question is: will I pre-order or will I check the forums and maybe pick this one up off ebay? If i'm honest not sure at moment.  I don't have any love for MW3 at moment, I have set myself a target of 10th prestige (currently 8th) but I just can't be bothered with it for now.

I did really enjoy BO, completing the campaign on veteran proved more difficult than MW2 & 3 so really something to get stuck into.  MP loved that all way to 15th, some bad days but never bad enough to stop playing.

I purchased all DLC for BO however I will not purchase anymore DLC for MW3 because for me too many issues to enjoy over a period of time, even if a patch came out tomorrow which fixed the many issues I would not purchase anything else for this game.

The issues with this game may just have finally broken my COD addiction.  I certainly will not be rushing out to buy a copy at launch.  If after a month or so the community is full of nothing but praise for BO2 and there are no reports of anything like the crap that goes on with MW3 I might pick up a copy.  So I guess I'll not be buying it!

Either way I'll not be renewing my Elite account, I'll live with being mugged once by Activision but I'll be damned if I'll fall for it a second time.

Off topic: I'm having a blast playing the new BF3 maps right now. Feels like what CoD should be.

Biotechkilla

I'll buy it the Lag/Lag Comp ive gotten used to and rarely effects me (i have great connection im usually host/ So my party loves me)......DLC release doesn't bother me......Now the bad spawns i use that to my advantage (spawn trap for the win FTW)...and camping really doesn't bother me either im usually good enough to kill the camper enough he rage quits or if he's some GOD camper with an mk-14 i just stop going to the area he's camping.

Izjar11

Izjar11 wrote:

I wrote this back in June, and I still stand by it. Many bought the game with some new hope, tricked by marketing tactics and nice words.

Question still remains

I've noticed less activity on this forum since BOPs2 has been released, if we can call this a release, more an alpha version IMO

To be honnest : Yes I bought the game with real hopes. MW3 was my first multiplayer FPS and just because the two games are not developped by the same studio I though it could be different.. but I am really really disappointed, BOPs2 is really worst. I know a game needs some adjustments through patches after beeing released, but usually the initial released is not so bugged (do they have QA department at Activision, how can they sell such a product...)

Then I will keep on playing MW3 and the good news is that it seems smoother now, kids and ninjas have gone to BOPs2  and the matdhes are more interesting, in my point of view.

Izjar11

I imagined that would happen in MW3. Its the larger influx of random players, know it alls and new game junkies who do make the game difficult while using up allot of bandwidth.