8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 18, 2012 10:24 PM by GrundleNate RSS

SURVIVAL MODE - MULTIPLAYER - DLC WILL NOT ENABLE

Hi,

I'm playing MW3 on the 360, downloaded both new map packs and have no issues playing Solo or in finding a match with them but when me and my friend try and play a Private match it consistantly says "DLC 13. *** Does not have the map packs" .

I have reinstalled them twice now, tried him hosting and vice versa and getting nothing.

I don't play the game a great deal, we just play a few rounds every now and then and having paid for these map packs, it's grinding my gears not being able to play them.

ANY HELP WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED.

Cheers

• Re: SURVIVAL MODE - MULTIPLAYER - DLC WILL NOT ENABLE

Do you both have the same levels?

Me and my bro had the same problem. I'm elite premium, he isn't.

I phoned activision and this is basically how it works.

Elite bundles all dlc under the same playlists. (you'll notice in MP how elite playlist changes to collection 1 playlist upon release) Which means if you don't have exactly the same levels (both have elite, or not) this will keep happening.

this is how it will work for me and my bro.

collection 1 released = all can play

new elite levels = collection 1 disabled

collection 2 released = all can play

new elite levels = collection 1 and 2 disabled

.....and so on.........

It's just another fail for this game. It's either some corporate bulls**t to get everyone to purchase the same stuff (elite!!) or just plain lazy programming.

I should be able to play the levels we both have together, but apparently not!!

Sorry for the bad news

I will have to check this out, I'm not hot on all the Elite stuff. I'm pretty sure I signed up for it just because it directed me to, I don't pay anything monthly though...I just have the game and bought the extra maps.

I'm going to try and contact someone about it but by the sounds of it I won't be getting anywhere. Sounds like a load of bollox, as you said, to get everyone in the same cart by paying more money. What a crock of shizer.

Just want to have a casual game with a wide variety of levels with a mate, something so simple they clearly have overlooked and outlawed.

Cheers for the info though dude.

I'm also having the same issue.  I've been on chat with Activision support several times and they keep having me delete, re-download, clear cache, etc., all to no avail.  This is utter crap.  I can see I have the maps.  I can play them in solo mode.  My friends also have the maps.  Still, no luck.

gnikking10

how do you get so many views i really need an answer for my problem i need views is there any advice you can give me

Has this been resolved yet? Same thing is happening to me.

I have the exact same problem - my friend and I can both play the DLC (collection 2) levels solo, but when we try to play the new spec ops DLC, my friend gets the error: "DLC 5 disabled. xxx gamertag does not have the map pack". We tried clearing the system cache, but no change. The only thing we can think is that maybe it's because he only bought collection 2, not collection 1. When he tried getting collection 1, the game seems to error and doesn't pop up with the screen to download each map individually.

Neither one of us is elite. This is SOOO frustrating. Anyone find a fix????