14 Replies Latest reply: Jun 8, 2012 7:01 AM by that6uy420 RSS

Sitrep Pro Fix Idea

As of right now, Sitrep pro users  can hear dead silence users' footsteps as well as any other perk. I have an idea so we can rebalance it. Infinity Ward should make it so that dead silence users can be heard but their footsteps sound exactly like your teammates and your own footsteps if you're using sitrep pro. If you think this is a good idea, try to spread it around!

• Re: Sitrep Pro Fix Idea
    that6uy420

so you are saying that you don't like the fact that it is working as intended now?

trialstardragon

Or how about they make DSP cancel out SRP where with DSP you are totally silent again.

SRP should cancle out DS: DSP should cancel out SRP.

But then all the head set using sound whores would cry about it again.

your moaning about footsteps being heard? really....,.

its a gun game start shooting people and stop looking at your feet

I'm not moaning, I'm saying Sitrep pro is techincally over powered when the pro version allows you to hear EVERY member on the opposite team's footstep at full volume. I'm just thinking it would be a good idea to nerf it in a way so if someone is using Dead Silence, you can still hear them with Sitrep pro but their footsteps will sound more quiet in comparision to someone's footsteps using stalker or marksman etc.

vims1990

DMA_CDG wrote:

I'm not moaning, I'm saying Sitrep pro is techincally over powered when the pro version allows you to hear EVERY member on the opposite team's footstep at full volume. I'm just thinking it would be a good idea to nerf it in a way so if someone is using Dead Silence, you can still hear them with Sitrep pro but their footsteps will sound more quiet in comparision to someone's footsteps using stalker or marksman etc.

Players using Sitrep Pro only hears Dead Silence players at normal footstep volume, not the loud volume as if a player is using Marksmen or Stalker so what you're saying has already been implemented in the game.

The only problem with sitrep pro is that it now throws a greater advantge to people with headsets. Nothing like trying to sneak up on some camper only to have him/her hear your footsteps as if you were running towards them. Now it is only going to promote people to camp even more. And in MW2 I am under the understanding that they canceled each other out. Just does not seem to make sense that he can hear me  coming just as loud when I have dead silence then someone with out it.

NiteFalken

Want to sound whore? Cant afford Turtle Beach? Almost every TV has a headphone jack. Some even conviently placed on the front. Take your MP3 player headphones. Go to Wallmart, Radioshack, ETC. and buy a 1/4 inch stereo headphone extension line 6ft cable costs 10 dollars at Walmart . Plug into headphone jack.

To hear voice comms set your Xbox to play voice through headset and speakers. Take wireless headset and tie it to the headphone lead close to neck or depending on the ear pieces you can use it as designed and just turn adjust the volume to hear and not have to set your Xbox to play voice throuhg speakers. Another option is to use the wired mic and drape it around neck. Instant poor mans sound whoring rig.

I think I will post this in its own thread for others to try.