37 Replies Latest reply: Jun 9, 2012 3:11 AM by obzi RSS

Apparently, you can boost without getting banned due to lack of evidence.

So a group of girls (guys lol) were boosting in 2v2 faceoff with each other. There were 2  0guys in each lobby, both with a guest whom they controlled. They would just kill each other's guest (so their stats wouldn't be ruined) and put up obvious boosting like 87-0, 85-2, 67-1 and etc. whilst both guests would be 0-90 0-55 etc. I reported them, and told them to stop and that they would get banned, but they said they wouldn't because they turned off theatre mode--and thus there wouoldn't be enough evidence to get them banned. IMO, BS, it's obvious that they are boosting. But after 2 weeks since reporting them on TWO accounts, they have yet to be banned and it looks as though they are right.

What is sad is that one of them went through 3 prestiges in one day. Hmm, still not enough evidence. You all might as well just go boost away--after you turn oiff theatre mode. IW isn't taking any action to stop you. It's a shame, and NO I am not going to boost.

• Re: Apparently, you can boost without getting banned due to lack of evidence.
    ap0stl3

I think there are still ways to catch boosters.  It just may take longer without video evidence.  But IW has ways of catching cheaters without theater mode being turned on.  If turning off theater mode actually worked, everyone would do it and no one would get caught.  But that's not the case.

WonkySausage

I've tweeted and emailed BanCandy and BanStache at IW with numerous reports of boosters boosting. I just give them the exact time, what game mode, the gamertags (obv), what type of boosting they were doing (headshot/killstreak/moab etc..)

I don't have theatre mode on, and I've had quite a few boosters reset. Even got an email from one of the guys at IW to say "thanks, we found the game and they will be dealt with" I checked Elite a few days later, they're back to level 1.

If you're precise with your reports/tweets then you don't need evidence. Every game is logged on IW's servers! How do you think leaderboards and Elite works eh

azn_chic

How is this news? it doesn't make any sense to punish someone if you don't provide sufficient proof of the crime.

Noob_Lyncher

I think that they have an automated system in place that sends a red flag to the enforcement team if someone gets a certain amount of kills without dying, while someone else gets a lot of deaths without getting a kill.

yovlud

I'm so glad you guys are going hunting for boosters...you really help clean up the game...

LOLOLOLOL this game is so bad boosters aren't even close to being the biggest problem...

Lag, (ACR, MP7, Type 95), bad maps, bad matchmaking...so on and so on.

I'm confused as to what difference it makes if someone boosts in a 1v1, 2v2, or 3v3 match? It doesn't affect anyone but them and shouldn't really bother anyone else. What do you really care if 2 friends are playing each other to unlock a few guns and maybe emblems or whatever. As long as they aren't doing it to innocents (people who aren't cheating) it shouldnt bother anyone. Just to say I don't cheat like that but also don't care if others do I prefer to earn my achievements on my own.

deadimpact

Some people who cheat get caught, some don't. Why get stressed over whether or not justice is served to complete strangers boosting in a game? In my opinion, it's better to just report them and move on.

TOSSER

Some dildo on my friends list was boosting, so I reported him.  I had no proof of it, I was just going by what my son told me he was doing.  He was obviously up to something though, his stats just didn't add up and he blew past me in rank in a matter of days.  Anyways, it took about 2 months, but he eventually got reset. 

starbuckfrack

Buckeye015 wrote:

So a group of girls (guys lol) were boosting in 2v2 faceoff with each other. There were 2  0guys in each lobby, both with a guest whom they controlled. They would just kill each other's guest (so their stats wouldn't be ruined) and put up obvious boosting like 87-0, 85-2, 67-1 and etc. whilst both guests would be 0-90 0-55 etc. I reported them, and told them to stop and that they would get banned, but they said they wouldn't because they turned off theatre mode--and thus there wouoldn't be enough evidence to get them banned. IMO, BS, it's obvious that they are boosting. But after 2 weeks since reporting them on TWO accounts, they have yet to be banned and it looks as though they are right.

What is sad is that one of them went through 3 prestiges in one day. Hmm, still not enough evidence. You all might as well just go boost away--after you turn oiff theatre mode. IW isn't taking any action to stop you. It's a shame, and NO I am not going to boost.

You really dont think that Theater mode is the only way to catch them boosting do you ?

Every single game you play is STILL recorded by IW as a data set of numbers. they still can access that data and make theater mode "play" at IW.

Just because your report didnt get handled doesnt mean it wont. The have millions of reports every week.

here is most likely what you did wrong.

ONE you reported them using TWO accounts that seem like never even played with the gamers in question. Doing this not only ruins you report reputation but also drops you further down their TO-DO list.

TWO it sounds like you flooded the reports which not only ruin the chances but also make the players not guilty. Such as if you report them 10 times then 2 thru 9 make him not guilty.

THREE it gets even worse when the people handling the reports have to hunt down which game it was etc. After a cetain period of time if they dont find that particular game then the report goes out as invalid.

Here is the best version to see how the report system works. Even for IW

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/41/t/2314.aspx

But I can tell you from past expeience that when 10 people file one report on a player it only destroys the "rating" of the report. Many different variables come into play when a report "gets assigned". One type that ruins it is if playerA reports playerB and playerB reports playerA then both reports are invalid.

Poolside22

If a player makes a Green avatar with blue hair. It doesnt hurt anyone at all. But people still get banned from Xbox Live until Dec 31 1999 without exclusion or a warning and its instant. Because the warning was the MS code of conduct where you agreed you wouldnt cheat, mod, hack, boost, make money from Xbox Live. Etc.

Its Microsofts Service that you are borrowing and its IWs game code you are licenced to use but you STILL have to follow the rules.

(Of course I dont mean YOU)

OP short version is just because someone is breaking the law doesnt mean they wont get caught. There is just not enough cops to handle all those people. But at least in the COD game the stats are always there.

Why is my name in your post? What you are talking about has nothing to do with what I was talking about. I understand you're not saying I cheat or whatever, I was basically asking why anyone besides IW would care if players are "cheating"? In my eyes they just want to fast track the game and that doesn't hinder anyone else from having a good time or playing the game the way it was meant to be played. For instance if I want to have a match vs a buddy and am going for a headshot challenge what difference does it make to anyone if I earn it or "cheat" for it? I hope you know I'm not trying to be arguementative simply trying to understand why it's an issue for someone/anyone who had nothing to do with the matches in question or any matches for that matter.

starbuckfrack

Poolside22 wrote:

Why is my name in your post? What you are talking about has nothing to do with what I was talking about. I understand you're not saying I cheat or whatever, I was basically asking why anyone besides IW would care if players are "cheating"? In my eyes they just want to fast track the game and that doesn't hinder anyone else from having a good time or playing the game the way it was meant to be played. For instance if I want to have a match vs a buddy and am going for a headshot challenge what difference does it make to anyone if I earn it or "cheat" for it? I hope you know I'm not trying to be arguementative simply trying to understand why it's an issue for someone/anyone who had nothing to do with the matches in question or any matches for that matter.

The bold part is the real gist of my post.

This part of your post "'m confused as to what difference it makes if someone boosts in a 1v1, 2v2, or 3v3 match? It doesn't affect anyone but them and shouldn't really bother anyone else."

Has EVERYTHING to do with what I was talking about. It doesnt matter if it affects anyone it is still a violation of both Activision Policy and Microsoft policy and the player will get reset or banned depending on many factors.

Cant see how what I said doesnt matter compared to your post.

Heres a sample of a player getting permanently banned for cheating by Microsoft...

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/41/t/250553.aspx

Doesnt matter if he affected everyone else . all that matters is he violated policy.

The IW (Activision) policy states not to cheat, mod , boost, glitch , etc or you will get reset or banned depending on many factors.

All I am pointing out is if you feel it affects other players on not , it doesnt matter, the ones who own the game and the service will still enforce policy. You may have noticed some players recntly got banned / reset from 1 on 1 games etc.

Only reason I replied to you directly was because of the part I quoted from you. But at the end I made sure to say I wasnt talking about YOU being a cheater.

As for why anyone would care is just like if your neighbor was selling crack. Well it doesnt affect you but you still dont want him in your neighborhood. And as for people on Xbox Live a very high majority dont want to have policy violators in a service that we pay for. Every Xbox Gamer is encouraged by Microsoft AND Activision to report Gamers for violations. they even get higher ratings for the more they correctly report players.

Its not the person reporting who is at fault here. It is the player that cheated and boosted that violated policy. If he didnt violate policy then there is nothing to report.

But I do agree that people who hunt down people on elite to find something "odd with their stats" when they get bored is a little farfetched, IF thats the way it went down in this case. Or if they see a video on Youtube and cant wait to get them in trouble, like the case could be here then yes it should be left alone. If they get in a game with the booster THEN I say its fair game to report them. But looking for trouble to report them like a first time noob Community Watch volunteer is going a little too far.

I report players for reasons I cant mention but I also encourage people to report them. As long as they are in a game with them at one time and not out there trying to get back at the world because they feel like a PET wannabee but cant be one.

PS not pointing fingers at some players I talk to on the forums regularly

Guy8915

Send their gamertag to th IW ENFORCEMENT CLAN on here. I did it without any video evidence. Just use ELITE and check their recent games. It took about 4 days to get them banned/reset

smokesdope

@ OP can you PM me their GTs and will try and get it sorted Thanks IW Enforcers FTW!

CowboySr

For the most part, I quit reporting people. The process is too lengthy. Seems like unless you know a friend of candys, it wont get done anyway. Virtual red tape.

otisman666

CowboySr wrote:

For the most part, I quit reporting people. The process is too lengthy. Seems like unless you know a friend of candys, it wont get done anyway. Virtual red tape.

I support this message.  Why does it seem like there is an entire enforcement team, a number "ban-somethings" and a reporting team and boosting / cheating is still rampant in this game.  Meanwhile, thinking back to Black Ops, all it took was one tweet to MaTtKs and the issue was over and done.  Players were somewhat afraid of 3arch, they don't seem to be so intimidated by IW.

KTPhoenix

that isnt necessarily true. i reported a friend of mine (xbox friend, not face to face friend) because he told us that he did the prestige token glitch and got 10 days of double xp. he WAS a high prestige. i looked him up on his Elite (which is the downfall of most cheaters) and saw the double xp thing so i PMd Bancandy with the link to his Elite account asking her to ban and reset him. 2-3 days later i looked on his Elite and saw that he was indeed reset and everything. i have not seen that friend on XBL in a few months now. his account went silver and i asked my other friends if they had any contact with him but they told me they havent seen him either. and that person i reported does not know it was me who got him banned or reset.

but this was a few months ago so i dont know if the process got slower since then.

CowboySr

Theres just so many cheaters. I dont understand the obsession with people wanting to boost for rank status.  So you can say Im 20th prestige? It has no meaning if your stats are garbage anyway. And anyone can tell if you got there in 7 days time avging 10 kills a gam its not legit anyway. These people are cheating themselves more than anyone. I like to look back at a game and say, i got to the last prestige and it was a long well earned battle. What would it mean to me if I knew in the back of my head I used a token to get there. If I knew someone on my friends list had boosted to get there, what would I think of them- nothing. Just that they had to cheat to get what I did legitimately. If I cheated, people would think that way of me too.   Theres no honor in it.

I sent one booster report to bancandy back in February and the guys were reset that day. I also sent two booster reports with youtube links to bancandy (via PM) five days ago and to IWEnforcers (via twitter) yesterday and nothing has been done yet. I am hoping they are just behind and will get caught up banning these losers.

MaxKirgan

Yup. I have reported people countless times, with dates, times, and links to recent games. I've even provided them youtube footage. Neither BanCandy nor BanStache could even bother to message me back to say they would get to it.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if IW instructs their emplyees to automatically block me on Twitter. I told Bowling I was going to break my MW3 disc in half and mail it to him.

Buckeye015 wrote:

That is total BS
    TheHonch

If it was a 2 v 2 game and they had two guests with them, you would make five.  In other words, how do you know they were doing this if there was no way you could be in the game?  Hmmm...

starbuckfrack

TheHonch wrote:

If it was a 2 v 2 game and they had two guests with them, you would make five.  In other words, how do you know they were doing this if there was no way you could be in the game?  Hmmm...

Very Nice point. If they didnt have theater mode on then YES how does the OP know ?

Just like I assumed. the OP saw their Elite page and reported them because he assumed that because one player prestiged 3 times in a day that he would be cheating.

I bet hat player didnt even prestige once

OR maybe the OP was in on the boosting too and the other player and him had a falling out.

TheHonch

OR, he wants to boost, and is asking this question and trying to frame it in a way that makes him seem like an anti-booster, when in reality he just wants to see if he would be safe because someone told him he would be.  That's my guess.

starbuckfrack

TheHonch wrote:

OR, he wants to boost, and is asking this question and trying to frame it in a way that makes him seem like an anti-booster, when in reality he just wants to see if he would be safe because someone told him he would be.  That's my guess.

You mean just like that rumor on Xbox Live that when you have a permanent suspension then you can change your Bio to get a temporary suspension and overide the permanent one

Only reason most likely for his topic is because the 1vs1 and 2vs2 modes are unliked because they promote boosters.

But meanwhile no other MW3 game or Online game has boosters

codchamp

I said before that 2 vs 2 will be a boosters dream. But what does it matter to you? Are you fighting it out for #1 in kills worldwide? Are these gusy your #2 and #3 behind you? Does it matter on what they are doing? 

As long as boosters keep to themselves and stay out of my game then i can care less. Since Faceoff came out i have seen a lot less boosters in infection and KC. So props to IW for this game mode, they figured out a way to get them out of regular lobbies.

In all honesty cod created it's own monster, defo needs addressing in a more pro active way. Treyarch without a doubt had them on the ropes.

starbuckfrack

Dont know why people still blame the devs because someone decides to be a jerk and cheats. ANY game people are still going to cheat regardless of the game design.

Even in real life you still are going to have low people on the totem pole breaking the rules.

Other countries (supposedly) have laws where if someone steals they cut off your hands. Still doesnt stop crime.

Some countries have laws where if a wife is unfaithful they she gets put to death. Doesnt stop the wives from cheating on the husband.

Saddly, I have boosted twice. First time was on MW2 I thought nothing was wrong. The second time, MW3, my friend started to self pressure me to do it and I did it. Those two times (not really the first one, since I was younger,) I felt like crap after. Feeling bad. Even on the second time while I was boosting I was thinking why am I doing this? Gladly, IW didn't report me. And I told myself never to do it again. I'm not sure if someone reported me or not, it may take more time (even though I played MW2 like 3 years ago.) You never know, maybe on Black Ops 7 (I don't know...) you'll find out they JUST got reported.

Log onto Elite, go to their mw3 profile, go to recent matches and screen cap the kill feed and tweet it to infinity ward or something?

smokesdope

Only way to avoid a ban is to not cheat in the first place ,turning off theater ,showing offline blah,blah does NOTHING! and you will still be banned :)

killergeki

yeah, no matter where a cheater may hide, no matter where a booster will sneak, an enforcer will find and take them out..

only bad thing is that theres only 2 of them and they dont really work fast enough, plus bad customer service since i send ban stache 2 emails n 2 twitter posts n nothing back, so kind of sick of mw3 n with alot of ppl but played till 12th perstige so got my game play out of it but bored of playing it

xbevz

Buckeye015 wrote:

Theatre mode may be off but elite will still track their games and show all the evidence that's needed.

starbuckfrack

Just like the two posts above me say. Theater doesnt need to be on to catch a cheater.

Just like changing your bio if you think someone reported you. They have a LOT more filed on you on Xbox Live.

Example, If you change your bio MS will have TWO bios listed in their database, the old one and the new one.

Everything you do on Xbox Live is recorded somewhere with each company having different information..

And like Xbev says. Elite keeps your stats. Its based off of ALL your previous game stats, etc. The database on you gets sent to Elite everytime you log into the Elite page.

Now here is the cool thing. You can see the stats based on what they allow you to see on elite. But the PETs access even MORE in that database you cannot see.

Xbox Live and IW are the Privately Owned Big Brother that you agreed to follow the rules on. since you agreed to follow the rules on their service they can keep tabs on anything Xbox Live or game related on you. they also will not tell you HOW they got that information or what kind of software methods they use.

Same thing as with the government except you agreed to the secret Terms in the XBL zone.

What does boosting harm you with? You don't want people to get promoted while you are prestige +10... Anyway it is rude cuz you'll feel jealous LOL...

Just leave them alone.. so they would catch them alone.. you are not working for them. They must improve gameplay and find someway to stop boosting.

P.S : That doesn't mean i boost, k?

obzi

Boosters are utter scum, they're of the mentality that cheating is ok and so if they're doing it on a 2v2 there's a very good chance there doing it when they're playing other game modes too.

I've reported loads and when you go back and visit their Elite to see they've reset it it actually feels good, you can do little about the the technical problems of this game but you can at least make a difference with this.  If we all choose to ignore boosters or hackers 'because it doesn't affect us' then we will all start losing (and winning) games we shouldn't have and that just can't be right, I don't want to play with or against them.