23 Replies Latest reply: Jun 10, 2012 1:12 PM by padiego RSS

Not Connecting Since Hopped!

Can't be bothered to submit a big post, so I'll just post the tl;dr version:

Account hopped, everything gone, can no longer connect, no matter what i do and what Unban codes I use!

When I go on MP, the version number just sticks on 130.0. I've tried the Unban and numerous other codes but I still can't connect. Seems this game is finally ****** up for me, becuase of one 11 year old kid with a USB Gecko!

• Re: Not Connecting Since Hopped!

Hmmm... I'm sure this is a longshot but try uninstalling the patch... Then go to the multiplyer menu and re-download it.

I'm not an expert but I can tell your desperate...

I'll give it a whirl... I should've thought of that becuase when the version changed from v118(?) to v130 mine kept crashing. I had to delete the download and redownload it then for it to work

EDIT: Didn't work. Just stays on v0.0 now. Tried with and without the unban codes.

Try deleteing an account and making a new one. The absolute longshot is to delete your save data and re-assign a new IP to your Wii. If this doesn't work then the issue has to do with your MAC address which means Nintendo did something to you.

Correct me if I am wrong, but to use Unban codes (disclaimer: I am a novice when it comes to Wii hacking), don't you need a modded Wii? Perhaps, restore your wii back to its default state (no homebrew?) and try again. This is likely a last resort type of thing to try though.

Yes, to use an unban code (or any code for that matter) you must have a modded Wii. Restoring to default won't help because if it was a ban code from a player then an unban code would have solved the issue. Whatever is going on sounds like it's related to the MAC address in which case there's not much that can ba done. If it is some kind of IP ban (which can't be done by hackers to my knowledge) then re assigning a new IP address to it should fix the problem.

Well this is what happens to the hackers wii, and i was thinking about this : does it have the same effect for the one thats getting hopped. Maybe....

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Does what have the same effect for the one that's getting hopped? If you mean the ban code then yes, if you have the ban code on and hop an account then that account will have the resrictions of the ban code until it is either logged into with the unban code active or hopped with the unban code active.

Well, I've now tried all sorts and still can't get on. I've deleted ALL four accounts when they wouldn't log on, deleted the downloaded data, deleted the save data, tried all sorts of unban codes... Nothing works. I can still get on Black Ops though, which works great for me. I don't know if it's relevant or not, but my MAC address hasn't changed. The internet still works great, it's only MW3 that doesn't work. I went on last week to find I'd been hopped. I went on the next day and it wouldn't connect...

That's not the effect of any code that I know of. If it's from a code then it hasn't been made public and you have a powerful enemy goood sir. The last thing I can think of is to restart your router so that the Wii is assigned a new IP address. If tht doesn't work then you can just do what everyone with any intelligence has already done and play Black Ops. MW3 is ruined so I wouldn't stress too hard about not being able to connect.

Did this happen while you were hopping someone else and fvcking their sh!t up?

Re-format your Wii. But if you wanna try to save your profile get the Savegame manager GX from the homebrew browser and save the profiles on your SD Card. Its all I can think of. Or maybe delete your connection, then reconnect it.

ROFLkopter,i just checked your profile and it says you are 43 lvl 4th prestige.

So you are not demoted,maybe you are not hopped at all.

That doesn't mean anything. If the information on his console is corrupted it wouldn't effect the leaderboards.

I was prestige 4, but I was level 49, not 43.

I tried again this morning and the version changed from v0.0 to v0.5 and told me to download the patch. I downloaded it, went back to v130 but that was it. I kept getting Error 20100, I think it was. The internet settings were correct though, since it had just downloaded the patch. Tried to connect for about 10 minutes, randomly changing profile every now and again though, see if it did anything. Gave up after a while and went back on Black Ops.

padiego

There's a lot of ban codes. They have been around for ages, but now since this whole account hopping thing took off, account banned codes have been used more and more. The only way to fix it is to hack yourself or to erase...well everything!