4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 12, 2012 7:21 AM by wierd worlds are these RSS

How can I get my online vault clips?

Hey all, so I have some cool online vault clips, and I want to have them on my computer.

The problem is, since Elite isn't for computer users, I can't use that feature.

So how DO I get my online vault clips as files on my computer? Seems sh*tty there is no option for that.. I mean, it has to be easier then with Xbox and PS3?

And please don't post links about sh*tty screencapture programs, I want it in high quality as Xbox and PS3 users get them.

• Re: How can I get my online vault clips?

Screen Capture is one way. Print Screen and you can crop it with Windows Paint.

• Re: How can I get my online vault clips?
    wierd worlds are these

tommyyeah wrote:

Hey all, so I have some cool online vault clips, and I want to have them on my computer.

The problem is, since Elite isn't for computer users, I can't use that feature.

So how DO I get my online vault clips as files on my computer? Seems sh*tty there is no option for that.. I mean, it has to be easier then with Xbox and PS3?

And please don't post links about sh*tty screencapture programs, I want it in high quality as Xbox and PS3 users get them.

1st of all what type of image do you want video or screenshot?

If you want just a screenshot of your score at the end of a game or part way through the game etc just press F12 and Steam will take a screenshot, then when you close the game you will get a box that appears with all the screenshot's you have taken and you can then, upload them directly to your Steam Profile and also you can open the folder to upload them to anywhere else you want them.

There is the Render option within the theatre mode I think, but if it is like the one that they had in Black Op's it will render at 360p and only 30 second long clip's, ready for you to upload to Youtube or edit in to a Montage.

For recording longer video clip's you need a piece of software to do it and there are various options for it.

DXtory (Paid For)

Frap's (Paid For)

X-Fire (Free but crap)

There are more but you would need to actually look for them as they are the main ones I have tried and I prefer Frap's because it's, simple and record's at any quality you set it to.

If you don't want to spend any money then get X-Fire but unless they have fixed the codec for it, so that the audio and video don't go out of sync then you will need to also use a piece of editing software that allow's you to manipulate the Frame Rate of the video but not the speed of the audio, which would be Virtualdub and the Frame Rate would need to be adjusted to around 29.9777fps or something like that.

You could also use something like Sony Vegas and record the video with X-Fire and then input it in to, Sony Vegas and shrink the Audio Strem or extend it at the bottom to fit the Video Stream and that will then sync the audio and video streams up for you.

Do a search of Youtube for X-Fire and Frap's and DXtory etc because you will probably find people have reviewed them etc or have hint's and tip's for using them.