27 Replies Latest reply: Jun 14, 2012 1:08 AM by [fnx]sworndeath RSS

Shotgunners the new Quickscopers?

If you are a shotgunner, the one shot kill gun, have you noticed the noobscopers hate on you? (Saying that though, everyone hates on you)

Not sure why that is though, they have a one shot kill gun and so do shotgunners, why the hate?

Or is it the shotgun owns all

Discuss

• Re: Shotgunners the new Quickscopers?

becuz when the shotgunners get up close the snipers stand no chance

SUM1SLY83

shame shotguns don't 1hk all the time like snipers do and you have to max the shotty out to even get close to a 1hk.a sniper is a 1hk from the start plus it can 1hk short medium and long range but the shotty can't get a 1hk 20ft away if it even hits that far.quickscopers will moan at every gun but a sniper unless it's underpowered they just wan't to make every other gun useless so they can just own on the game.

Whats your PSN? I would love to check EliTE to see how many sniper kills you have. You clearly dont have many cause your 1 hit kill theory is terribly off. Only about 6/10 shots are 1hk with snipers unless you manage to hit above the chest every time, and even then, I have gotten hit markers to someones head.

Go choose a sniper rifle you like, stick to it for a couple of days, then come back to me and tell me again how "snipers are always a 1hk". I would also love to see what your KD with any of the snipers are, Im willing to bet it WILL be lower than any of your shotguns. The people on these forums read a thread, jump on the band wagon and before you know it they believe the garbage that they themselves post without knowing any better -_-

I agree totally. I have never really sniped, but I'm now working on golding all my guns. Holy hitmarker Batman!. The sniper rifles some games are nigh on unusable. Lag makes your headshot a hitmarker, if you don't miss altogether. I have much better luck with the shotties (except the AA12).

I have the L118 and MSR gold, and let me just say, the uphill struggle of getting these guns gold is worse than any shotgun, and takes nearly an entire prestige to do (unless you snipe EVERY game). I nearly have the model gold and although it has been a struggle it is still a lot quicker and easier than any of the sniper rifles.

Like you mentioned, the lag can be a huge pain in the ass. When I'm in a bad lobby, I can fire a shot dead on target with any of the snipers, start moving away thinking it missed and get the kill a full second later, or worse, not even get a hitmarker never mind the kill.

The fact of the matter, and I think I've mentioned this plenty of times before, is that these maps are not effective for sniping. Suppressed MP7's kill cross map in just a few short bursts. The lines of sight are only good for sniping on a select few maps, making sniping all that much harder to do effectively while still keeping a good kill to death ratio. MW3 is catered to SMG, hip firing, run and gun players. There is not one map you cant be successful on run and gunning with an SMG. How many maps can you say the same for sniper rifles?

People just need to learn to 'deal with it'  when they get beat by a sniper and appreciate the fact that there are players who can do well without taking the easy route out. I cant understand why it pisses so many people off when they get killed 100x more by an MP7 in any given day of playtime. Lol, I think i might have gotten slightly off topic.

You're 100% wrong. I have the MSR and L118A in gold on this account and plenty of kills, autum on my other account plus all my COD experience throughout the series with snipers. Getting shotguns in gold is a way harder uphill battle it's ******* terrible. The only ones that aren't bad are the Striker and USAS, but they're the AS50/.50CAL/RSSAS of the shotgun world.

I now how the model in gold on this account lvl 20 on my other, plus an autum KSG, leveling the spas, AA12 lvl 17. They are ******* terrible to level, plus once you do get them to dmg finally... they're still the most ridiculously inconsistent things. The snipers however, don't really need any attachments or profs. to perform their best. They're good at long ranges which by nature are safer to engage from, they're good at medium and if you're truly good with a sniper, with a fast swap secondary they're great from short range as well.

Any who has trully played this game and leveled both would know that the snipers are much better off than the shotguns. You just have to learn how to get the best out of both weapons. But the snipers are still easier and more forgiving. I've got sniper MOABs but no shotgun MOABs, the shotguns are just so inconsistent.

Well, everyone"s game is different buddy. The shotguns level quicker for me because I can get plenty of kills with them practically every match. Dont get me wrong, I can get plenty of sniper kills as well, but usually the shotgun racks up way more kills over a period of about 30+ games than I do with a sniper, meaning it ranks up quicker. Shotguns are also way easier to use on smaller maps, which MW3 mainly consists of. Like I said, I have leveled up some of the shotguns, including the model, ksg and the usas. The model is my favourite, mainly cause its largely under used, I have over a 1000 kills with this gun, I know its not easy to use, but that was not really the point in question here.

Also, no offence, but its hard judging what weapons you are actually good with considering you dashboard about 8/10 games losing the stats you choose to lose.

Yes the maps do generally suit shotguns better, but the shotguns are so inconsistent that it kills them, also since you're so close to your enemy getting that second shot is a lot more difficult. Snipers how ever, much easier to get that second shot.

Yeah I do leave a ton of games, but I play with a friend who has a rough time finding good conections and we end up leaving a ton of games. I don't expect him to stay in lobbies where he is at a disadvantage he can't do anything about, the game is for fun, and loosing when it's nothing you can control, that's not fun. But what you can do is look at my K/D's with weapons and my accuracy. My model accuracy for instance is awesome, but the K/D is lower because of how inconsistent it is. I think I have pistols with higher K/D's. My for fun account that has other shotguns and other weapons is Kitten_Mittonzz for more stats.

Lastly, how much more do you see people sniping that you see people shotgunning, even when they can striker and USAS... The answer is way more. That's for a reason.

i agree with sworndeath i have like 7k kills with the msr and like 5k with the L118 and i get hit markers almost every other shot and its not like a shot gun where u can just keep laying shots into them thats what gets me mad about a shot gunner ill quick scope them get a hit marker then they just unload like 4 shots with damage, i dont know why they took out stopping power and u cant have damage on a sniper lammmeee

This is lag, it affects shotguns just as much if not more. I've been finding more luck it seems by putting impact on my snipers. I think they kept some of the FMJ mechanics from MW2 and just renamed it. FMJ used to increase dmg overall by a bit. I also love stability on the MSR to help with quickscoping and drag scoping at any distance. Try paring you sniper with pistol secondaries btw, if you get a hit marker quickswap to pistols to finish the job. The pistols are actually really strong too. I would suggest .44 mag akimbo, deagle akimbo, MP412 akimbo, five 7 akimbo.

Bettis123

The guys who kill me with sniper the majority of the time.. miss their shots.. but somehow manage to hit me because the hit direction sucks.. not to say that i never get hit by the quickscopers on fair game. Were he actually made the right mark.

The connection has a lot to do with how well a sniper does too.. it will determine the hit or miss. If someone has a bad connection due to call of duty, like the upload.. then it will take longer for that shot to register and might miss.. But if someone has a good upload and download.. then they might get the hit even if it was suppost to be a miss.

Not to say that good quickscopers miss all the time.. but i do watch a ton of kill cams and vids on youtube... they do not always hit their mark, and get the kill.

The hit detection does not suck, the killcam/theatre is not 100% accurate in replaying the event as it happened. When you get killed by a shot that looked as if it missed, it really did not, but a faulty theatre replay coupled with lag made it look as if it missed on your screen, on the hosts end though, that player was on target.

What you're saying is irrelevant anyway as its the same case with any gun on this game, its just less noticable when it happens with an AR or SMG as the guy shooting is spraying out a whole clip, making it hard to notice whats hitting and whats missing.

Bettis123

Okay, so when i am playing real-time.. how can you believe that it has hit or missed you? Are you suppost to just say.. yea that should have killed me.. or should i not believe the kill cam 9 times out of 10 were the guy was not even close to sniping me despite him shooting in the opposite direction of which i was moving? Or is it that somehow i have a bigger hit area then i think i do? around the body or character i am using?

And i do know that it is less noticable with assault rifles and sub machine guns since they have a high rate of fire.. they probably do miss a ton when you go to look at it at the kill cam point of view.. but what is their to believe? Am i suppost to go buy a pvr just to find out if the guy was really on target or not?

No, you're supposed to move on and not care about it any further. Point remains the same, The killcam replay you are watching is not accurate. On the hosts end, that player was on target if he killed you, on your screen that player might have looked off but really, he wasnt.

You will always have times where you are on the good end and on the bad end of lag. When you connect to the host at a low ping, you will be on the good end and players will complain about the exact same thing you are complaining about when you kill them, you just dont know it. Vice versa applies when you are connecting to a host who is far away. The only way the game will play out for everyone EXACTLY as you see it, is when you are host.

Well if you think about it, when you use a shotgun, you have to get close to the enemy.  Therefore, at a distance you are at a disadvantage.  Most people tend to use AR's/SMG's anyways, so you are at a disadvantage most of the time.  So 1 shot kills for SGs up close seems fair to me. 

Snipingdbag

Shotguns are more inconstant, do to the random spread. If you Qs with snipers of course they will be inconstant. Trying to snipe with clear lag / sync issues is a stupid idea as you will get more hitmarkers than ohks, same for shotties.

Shotguns get hate because they can ohk instantly in their zone on the right connection. The pumps and model are probably the hardest guns to do well with constantly, so yeah got to lol at people / clans crying when I kill them with the Spaz over and over.

Every time I come across I shotgunner they always lag right before they kill me. I was playing on village the other day and a shotgunner ran past me from right to left, then about 2 seconds later his shotgun spray appeared from where he had run from and killed me.

Using a shotgun and doing well in MW3 isn't easy - you have to change the whole way you move around the map.

If you can use a shotgun and do well - my hat is off to you.

I have no problem with the way shotguns are now.

Shotgunners aren't the new quickscopers at all. People shouldn't even be pissed with quickscoping 90% of the time (as long as they're not trigger spamming with a .50 cal or something). Someone who actually understands game mechanics and has tried a ton of weapons in a ton of ways, (legit quickscoping being one) will understand it's not easy at all, it takes a ton of practice and skill. It's just ignorant people who don't understand how aim assist really works and how lag factors into kill cams as well as hit detection and hit boxes (something that is consistent for all weapons). Those are the people that ***** and moan about every little thing, and they do it because they're ignorant.

Snipingdbag

Qsing is a gay, uber frustrating way of playing the game and yes aim assist / sticky aim makes it a lot easier, especially in combo with a high sensitivity. Same thing happens for all guns but it's more noticable on ohk weapons and ars (on ar range, they have the longest sticky aim effect, easiest gun to aim with)  I'm probably easily the best "Qser" on the forums so I should now what it's about.

Running a shotgun cqb for ohks, is how you should be using a shotty and it takes great positioning and constant good fast aim and obviously a great connection / hit register, we should all corner camp with them instead? In the end it really doesn't matter, it's all so connection based. Any gun is a God-like gun on the right net.

When you have your hipfire cross hairs on a target and you're close enough aim assist will drag you onto them a bit helping you stay on target (not putting you there, you have to point at them first). Then when you move to scoped in, you again have to centre on target, aim assist will only keep you on a target once you've place your aimer on them. This is all aim assist does, it only helps you stay on target, it doesn't put you on target. High sensitivity and aim assist do the same things for shotguns but you have a much wider bullet spread so you don't have to be exactly on target and you have the hipfire crosshairs which are way bigger.

The main dfference for me is, if I get killed by any shotgun bar the striker I don't get annoyed. Every single time I get killed by a quickscoper I get annoyed. Even though the majority of quickscopers go negative as hell, they will still get lucky once in a while.

LP_UND34D_47

i have a problem with inconsistancy in the shotguns. and qsers hate all the time. you could do what i do, tho, and run a sniper shotty class. overkill, msr primary striker secondary. works beautifully with soh and steady aim pro