13 Replies Latest reply: Jun 12, 2012 5:06 PM by stonculd RSS

Balanced teams?

demonicdays

how does it work? why is it garbage? how is it fair?

why is it that im constantly on teams with the .3 - .5 k/d kids? the ones that dont know how to look at a mini map, see where people are coming/shooting from, lay on the ground and i guess think they are camping then dont even shoot when someone walks infront of them. so much more they do/dont do but its that i get them every single game, always. ive had games with a friend who is actually good and in tdm we each get 30 kills, that leave 15 kills for the other 4 people, and they go negative doing that. i just dont understand how its fair for the people who can play to constantly get the people who are horrible at it playing.

• Re: Balanced teams?
    stonculd

I guess they should group all the bad players onto teams and all the good players on the other. I am not understanding how you think that the way it is doesn't promote balance. It sucks when your team mates are not good and you lose that is why I pay no attention to W/L because you cannot control the actions of others. People say K/D doesn't matter but I use it to gauge my skill and ability all the time I know the more I kill and the less I die I am getting better. At least for TDM and FFA which is all I really play because objective games usually suck due to people not playing the objective.

CowboySr

It takes the highest K/Ds in the room, and couples them with the lowest. Fact.

did not know that cowboy always thorght it was on score so say the top 4 players number 1 and 3 would go on one team and 2and 4 would go on the other .

CowboySr

Was that way in past CODs. Not anymore. Can be deceiving if you dont know who came in to a party together. (Im speaking for TDM)  Havent played the rest enough  to know if its any different

DaRyuujin

CowboySr wrote:

It takes the highest K/Ds in the room, and couples them with the lowest. Fact.

I'm not doubting you on that I was just wondering do you perhaps have a link to a IW source confirming it? but yea its BS to base it off KD, what if its a type of player who DOESN'T play objectives for MOABS, great KD but bad team player who can often cause a loss to legit good players who have like a 1.7 or 1.9 Kd who are good but also sacrifice KD for the points towards a winning match.

Take me for example there has been MANY times in KC where I see I can confirm/deny about 4-5 tags on a suicide run that i KNOW I won't survive,  but I'm willing to take those deaths Hell I don't even try to kill anybody I toss a C4 infront of me just to make an explosion and smoke to cover me as I bolt out straight for the tags. But because of my lower KD i get thrown in with  high KD's alot and they NEVER play the god**** objective and its frustrating especially when I get more then one of these players

nicedrewishfela

I am seeing this kind of thread an awful lot on here lately. "I am so good, and my team is so bad!"

Its a game. There are different skill levels. Its meant to be a challenge. Sometimes people just have bad games. Its a competition, and you are only as good as your team. Are you doing what you can to support to support your team? Are you getting teammates killed with your playstyle?

If you want to build a dream team,  go out and get players to play with.  Otherwise you get to pick from the kids in the school yard, and you will occasionally get stuck with the fat kid or that weird kid with the nervous Tic.

bdnlv702

I don't know how they can make it better, but theres gotta be a way.  The grouping of KDs really means nothing, as in pairing one high KD with a low one.  Players have different styles, and unfortunately the game can't determine that.

Along the same lines, they've got to stop dropping players in losing battles.  Last night, I was dropped into a match that was 7300-400.  I mean really.  At least drop players in rooms where theres a chance.  Shouldn't even be considered a loss for me.  Worse I've seen, 7300-400, thats crazy.

kidmiestro

Im all about being fair.... BUT.

If i continually get put on a person's team that has a 0.15 ratio and get ruined because of it, well that just plain sucks balls. (this person has been in the same lobby for a few matches and its always on the losing team LOL)

No telling how many times I get put on weak ratios team and the other team has everyone above 1.0.  Nothing but air support ALLLL day long against me.  Not fun really.

Now, I am not saying I am great at this game but the majority of the time I do have the highest K/D ratio on the lobby... I think for some reason i must play when the good players are taking a break.  But it does suck big goat balls.

can't control the way random team mates play but you can play your ass off to inspire them! W/L is is kind of BS but an evil we have to live with. it's more about my K/D and accuracy for me. i did my numbers for yestersay and went 21W-21L with a 1.37 K/D and 23.03 accuracy on KC...whatcha gonna do but TRY not worry about it too much?!

bdnlv702

I haven't been so lucky to at least break even.  Been doing so bad that I kept track the last 2 days...16-46!!!!  My KD over that period is up(1.87) over my normal KD(1.66).  So I've been doing my part, unfortunately just been on some bad teams, or against some very good teams, either way sucks to go 16-46, because you know you're doing bad, at least in the W/L category.  If I can consistently go .500 or just a bit above, thatn I'm ok.  I'm still positive overall, but this stretch has closed that gap....I think 1160 W and 1151 losses now...but looked much better before at 1144 W and 1105 losses. 

that6uy420

suck more and you might get more skilled players on your team???

it does suck when you have to face allstar teams and the team your on sucks but the worst is when you get in a lobby with all boosters and attack heli's are flying before the first kill has happened that sucks balls the most

stonculd

You could join a clan and only play in parties. Problem solved if your squad is good.