22 Replies Latest reply: Jun 14, 2012 7:31 AM by dannytanner17 RSS

infinityward finally succeeded

kid_j_rock

they were finally able to make this game worse than it already was. so with this latest patch for ps3. I must say goodbye, you will no longer keep me up having late night gaming sessions. i will never spend another dime on anything call of duty that is a promise. i know alot of people say it but i mean it.never again will i be fooled into thinking that this next call of duty will be better than the last cause it never is. R.I.P cod

• Re: infinityward finally succeeded

...if we could only really mean it huh?

Maybe some one decided since they couldnt put the paddle down, they'd just put the game down and out of our misery!!!

If it was Anon, Id actualy commend them this time!!!

ChestSplittah

Yes they totally broke Multiplayer with this patch. They even state themselves " there were no matchmaking changes made with this patch" when I notified them. Then why is the matchmaking screwed up? Man..man..man...

teanah

Hey guys, I am very, very sorry about the matchmaking issues. On the plus side, a lot of us, including myself and Mark Rubin stayed late tonight to fix it-- and everything should be fine now. In return, we want to give you guys something to compensate. Maybe double XP and double weapon xp?

some type of compensation would be greatly appreciated. you said double xp for weapons and game that would be cool but people might like a few extra prestige tokens possibly

Work_Hard_Play_Hard

The double xp, is a nice gesture however fixing the matchmaking is what we actually want. I have played KC over last 2 days in mainly uk lobbies and games have been good mainly lag free and more importantly on a level playing field, however on TDM 60-70% of games are in foreign lobbies and to be frank most are terrible, lag, insta deaths, invisible bullets etc.  Double xp is good but does not replace the controller I stupidly threw and broke due to sheer frustration. Matchmaking is no. 1.

I'm not worried about double xp/weapons xp...I don't mind ranking up at regular pace...but please do something with the matchmaking.

A prestige token or 2 would be a different and welcome gift. Especially for those of us who fronted $50 for elite expecting this to be a lot better than it turned out to be.

mischaelite

We had a lot of double XP going on, prestigetokens would be more valuable. However I finally got almost all weapons to lvl 30 so it would maybe take more than one to convince me...

Great job guys

eMeLMusic

give a dog a bone!

zvers

Please monitor the Matchmaking and lag. That's all I care about. A few 'gifts' might satisfy the kids but us older gamers just want a solid experience. This past week on PSN has been horrible, worse after the patch. The 'One Second Behind' syndrome is fierce right now. Just play the game for an hour and see for yourself. Don't do it at work as I'm sure you guy's have a pretty sick connection! Try at home with regular cable Internet. The bipolar game play is the root cause of all the frustration.

Izjar11

Many as you say "say it" and many do not do it. Do us all a favor and sell it, and stop telling us these drama "all about me" stories. Peace.

BanHaMMer

Sick of Double XP, an extra Prestige token would be gratefull. I don't need one yet but, it would be a more sincere gesture. Because it would require more work and effort from your side. Turning Double XP on and off means nothing and is easy to do from your end. Unfortunatley it really does not placate the community at large that have stuck with you since COD4 on the PS3.

I tried to play last night and today..I'm.on my holidays from work and it's pissing rain here in Ireland : (

Anyway it's taking forever to find games and when I do it's a 150 + lobby. I'm sure i'm not the only guy in Ireland or England with mw3 so why can't I get into local 50 -75 games. I'd settle for 100 ms games at this stage. I was put into American lobbies, and god knows where else last night.

It's a poor show when they can't set the servers to link local players. They need to stop pissing about and go back to basics. Fix local matchmaking first.

Don't they test these patches before they release them?  This is by far the worst one yet.  I spent twice as long trying to find a lobby less than 100ms ping.  Before I almost never even saw a 100ms lobby.  Once I got into a lobby with this latest patch, I was either invincible or being insta-killed like never before.  Everyone was suffering and I don't recall the same lobby lasting for more than a single game because everyone was looking to suffer less by searching out a new one.

@ Dev Teanah.

I am sorry but double XP and Double weapon xp or tokens is not going to cut it for me or many of my friends,how will we utilise this XP even if we wanted it?(the game won't run for us)

You say the issue is fixed but it hasn't left for me yet,before this patch i was getting 50ish games per ping cycle,now it is 1 game per ping cycle.

I am at my wits end with troubles this game has had from launch.

This is a bad example of making an example of why people SHOULD buy future call of duty titles,this game has achieved nothing but putting me off the series.now don't get me wrong the game is GOOD but the Implementation/Quality control is beyond repairable as far as making an impression on the customer(me) goes.

Don't take this as me screaming at you,take this as how i feel about your product.

unimatrix1of3

You'll be back next week.

rlbl

I almost afraid to turn on my PS3 and get the new patch because all I have ever been able to play is in 0-150 ms lobbies before.... what now??

You might as well play something else until they fix this patch.  It's frustrating as hell.  I'll be playing Black Ops for a while.

rlbl

Yeah I signed up for PS+ and have been playing Infamous2 the past few days.

Typically when a game goes into my PS3 it never comes out (sounds boring but...)  Since I have started to play COD, the only times I have played other games for an extended period of time has been:

- PSN went down (played Infamous, and BO zombies solo)

- MW3 in the past week

The way MW3 has been progressing, the PSN may as well be down for me.

I'm the same way.  I think my finger may have been shaking a bit when I hit that eject button the first time; but I'm glad I did.  Black Ops was fun to go back to for a bit.  It has a slower pace since it seems to take a bit longer to get the kill, but CTF was 1000x better on BO and I missed it.  After a while, I needed my KC fix, so I popped MW3 back in and had been enjoying it the last couple of weeks.  Last night's patch just pushed me back to BO for a while. If BO2 has KC, I don't think I'll even consider looking back at MW3.