1 11 12 13 14 15 Previous Next 142 Replies Latest reply: Aug 22, 2012 2:06 PM by MusicMan1234 Go to original post RSS
  • 120. Re: Your new community team members here!
    azn_chic

NotablePie wrote:

candyslexia wrote:

DJChristripe wrote:

You should stop bashing IW as you have no idea the difficulty of addressing all the issues. lets hand you the requests and see you fix them.

for candy, since i understand many players have lost faith, you should probably consider lowering the focus on faceoff and give us normal maps as im tireing of the core maps. Also, it was said that if classsic maps were added they would be free and not count towards the dlc calendar true?

classic map suggestions: (MW2: Terminal, Favela, Estate, Highrise) (COD4:Bog, Crossfire, Crash) .

We're just focusing on the Face Off game mode since it is still new to our game. We have more core maps being created for release in the near future. We also had a new mp map Oasis with the first face off drops.

I think releasing classic maps (especially for free) is a great idea. I can't go into too much detail on it since we haven't finalized anything yet, but I'm hoping this is something we'll be able to do for you soon.

more face-off ?

you're kidding us right ?

did you read how well it got ''welcomed'' at the board ?

as how i recall it, most of the community got pretty mad over it, specially when we got told that that was what we wanted when we were never even asked (unless there's some secret community panel somewhere that decides for the whole community what we want...)

the voice of the community that day made it very clear it wasn't what we wanted at al

and what is near future for normal maps again ?

as i'm guessing this month we're gonna be **** out of luck for normal maps

How many people on average are in the Faceoff playlist throughout the day? I can't imagine that it would be a significant amount...

• 121. Re: Your new community team members here!
    TheHonch

Absolutely Zvers...I agree.  That was my point, in a way, too.  As this is a fresh start, if I were in their position I would probably stand up and tell the powers that be...look...the last guy failed at least in part because he overshared with little to no solid, concrete information.  I will not be that way if I accept this opportunity.

A community manager is only as effective as the information they can disseminate, and I just hope that these ladies have been given, or will soon be given, more automony then past people in the role.  If they do get that extra leash, I think we are in for something great because it is obvious from their responses that they care about the community.

I'm pumped for the future.

• 122. Re: Your new community team members here!
    maccabi

azn_chic wrote:

NotablePie wrote:

candyslexia wrote:

DJChristripe wrote:

You should stop bashing IW as you have no idea the difficulty of addressing all the issues. lets hand you the requests and see you fix them.

for candy, since i understand many players have lost faith, you should probably consider lowering the focus on faceoff and give us normal maps as im tireing of the core maps. Also, it was said that if classsic maps were added they would be free and not count towards the dlc calendar true?

classic map suggestions: (MW2: Terminal, Favela, Estate, Highrise) (COD4:Bog, Crossfire, Crash) .

We're just focusing on the Face Off game mode since it is still new to our game. We have more core maps being created for release in the near future. We also had a new mp map Oasis with the first face off drops.

I think releasing classic maps (especially for free) is a great idea. I can't go into too much detail on it since we haven't finalized anything yet, but I'm hoping this is something we'll be able to do for you soon.

more face-off ?

you're kidding us right ?

did you read how well it got ''welcomed'' at the board ?

as how i recall it, most of the community got pretty mad over it, specially when we got told that that was what we wanted when we were never even asked (unless there's some secret community panel somewhere that decides for the whole community what we want...)

the voice of the community that day made it very clear it wasn't what we wanted at al

and what is near future for normal maps again ?

as i'm guessing this month we're gonna be **** out of luck for normal maps

How many people on average are in the Faceoff playlist throughout the day? I can't imagine that it would be a significant amount...

cant be less than the elite playlist.. last night there was 200 odd in the objectives moshpit

• 123. Re: Your new community team members here!
    maccabi

Actually heres another failed promise from IW

Hardcore game modes..

Ghandi promised us a discussion..never happened, most we got was a flimsey get feedback from the community and we'll see..  we did it was ignored as is IW's usual way of dealing with the hardcore community.

For months we've suffered richochet that no one wanted due to a knee jerk reaction from the Iw crap moshpits in the elite playlists, a fact if we had known BEFORE being conned into buying elite probably wouldnt have bought.

Ghandi asked us to make a thread about changing hc HQ to hc CTF , overwhelming vote was change..nothing was ever done about that.

as a comparison.. Treyarch in blackops, sat down with the hc community, discussed with the community, worked with the community, Vahn went out of his way to actually playtest new modes with the community we spent about 10 hrs one night playing the games with him , and a concept you guys never get actually ASKED the community before making changes (and unlike you guys didnt then turn round and say we asked for them)

• 124. Re: Your new community team members here!

So whats up with matchmaking today?  I cant get ANY games when I disable DLC content AND it shows 0/1 games availble when searching regular but still finds a lobby to add me to?

• 125. Re: Your new community team members here!

No offense, but I don't think another community manager will make IW change anything. I have lost any respect and faith into this company and I will not buy anything anymore developed by IW.

IW threats the pc community as it does not exist. They just throw a shitty port at us to make some extra money. They promise fixes but it's all lies.

If you want to develop a game for the pc platform, you should inform what the pc community wants. We don't care about ELITE or DLCs. Sure it's nice to have but the most important thing is a working game, ranked, fully working and nonsabotaged dedicated server and mod tools or atleast support to load modified gsc.

I think to save your company you need to focus on the important stuff. It's a ******* joke that you are focusing on new maps when the game is more like an alpha release. But that shows again that you're all about the money. You don't care about problems, you just think about ways to get more money.

We all know these replies 'I will forward it', which figuratively means '**** off' and nothing will happen.

In my opinion it's not possible anymore to fix this game and I bet my ass they won't fix anything, they will just delay until Black Ops 2 is released because then for sure nobody cares about this piece of **** game.

At this point I also want to say thanks to the user -CrazyMoFo-, I have followed all your posts in this thread and I fully agree with you.

• 126. Re: Your new community team members here!
    zestroy

Hi,

With the problems being experienced on PS3 after TU 15, do you think it might be time to address the community?

• 127. Re: Your new community team members here!

Ranked servers need to happen for MW3 not waiting for another title. MW3 is a good game, but lack of listening and attention is killing it. the players want ranked servers, lag fixes, classic maps, more core maps, weapon balances, and spawn fixes not faceoff.... i worked for my 11th prestige. i dont feel like losing it to hackers. candy, dont get me wrong here, i have no right to bash IW but why arent you guys listening to us. Ranked servers fix lag, hackers and spawns, you concentrate on other issues but this fixes everything. IWnet has failed us. We all are expecting something like ranked servers soon for MW3. As for weapon balancing, every gun is fine except nerf pp90m1, type95, buff m16 pm9, mp5, model1887. faceoff is good but should not count towards elite drops. dlc should only be core maps, and a FEW spec ops missions. why not make a tool that auto-bans if someone hacks? take my suggestions and please dont ignore them.

Message was edited by: DJChristripe

• 128. Re: Your new community team members here!

Agree. if they would have released a beta we wouldn't have these unfixed problems. though i play console.

• 129. Re: Your new community team members here!
    teanah

zestroy wrote:

Hi,

With the problems being experienced on PS3 after TU 15, do you think it might be time to address the community?

I did in the PS3 section of the boards