8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 15, 2012 7:35 AM by DaShuk2381 RSS

Guns and performance

To me it seems like alot of guns that are retourning from previous games seem weaker and less accurate then they used to be, like the M4 from the first modern warfare changed completely from the MW2 and the M16 isn't nearly as good of a gun as it used to be

• Re: Guns and performance

i see that change as well....the accuracy is somewhat off....the returning weapons/the in game weapons that were made for mw3 are quite unbelievable in its accuracy especially the pistols and shotguns...also included is the melee when using the riot shield i mean come on skipping nearly 3 feet is a little to far isn't it

Yeah... To me it seems like shotguns are a lot more deadly from 25+ feet away lately. any large distance besides close up really.

Makes me wonder id if they realize that a shotgun from a distance isnt very accurate, especially with buckshot.

YO_MOM_IS_NEXT

From what I can tell, shotguns are only deadly at a distance when "range" is equipped. I'm having a LOT of fun with my lvl 31 Striker.

Sorry to say, but I can't even class this gun as a shotgun. I was looking forward to using the UMP45 from MW2. I still like the gun but it's nowhere near as powerful.

wridtrvlr

I can go beastly with the UMP45.  Slap RF on that bad boy and you got a bullet slinging slayer.  I dare say almost better than the MP7......

Ump is a spray-fest with RF. Anyways, I think they just learn from their mistakes. I'd say the Scar is still pretty much the same as it was from MW2. It just has more bullets per mag. The ACR is maybe a little more powerful in MW3. Striker is obviously more powerful. Also, for the M16. I think the M16 is just MW2's Famas. The new M16's are the G11 in BLOPS and Type 95 in MW3. They just kinda replaced it.

Come on IW, you take COD 4 classics like the mp5, m16, m4, dragunov, and just--smh.

DaShuk2381

UMP with kick is just as beast as it was in MW2, actually I feel that it's a much better gun overall in this game. The main gun issue for me is how bad they made the M16 and AK-47, which were two of my favorite guns in MW2. The M16 is still viable, but you can only use it effectively on certain maps like Village and Interchange, and the AK-47 sucks basically unless you go kick/silencer. Shotguns are a waste of time unless you want to claw and scrap your way to the higher levels to get range and damage and watch your K/D sink as you do so, though the benefits of range/dmg on the USAS and KSG are worth it. You're still much better off going with an SMG or anything else over a shotgun, they should have left them as a secondary weapon.