47 Replies Latest reply: Jun 15, 2012 12:17 PM by CowboySr RSS

People who think they are great at MW3 are actually not.

Firstly,I find myself to be an above average COD player,I use cover,help my team mates,go for the objective and make use of all the weapons,statistics do not mean a thing.I hardly play FFA,as everybody knows the connection makes it almost impossible to have a fair match,and thats my point.

The difference in connection quality of every player is not the same which makes playing MW3 online rather pointless.

For example,yesterday I played a good 3HR session of Domination and did rather well,I actually did too well with the LMG'S.

Fired up MW3 this morning used the same setup's as yesterday,started playing Domination and couldn't hit a thing,I was also getting instakilled and shot around corners.

My point is that players bragging over the mic that they are awesome just makes me laugh,true skill can only be shown in a LAN match as everyone has the same chance of winning,It also makes me laugh that they fail to understand the concept of a fair match.

Just to point out that I still play the game and think its bloody good fun,but days when you can't hit anything just want to make you grab the nearest person by the head and lift them vertically upside in the air and slam them against your Xbox.

• Re: People who think they are great at MW3 are actually not.
    TheHonch

No, what makes me laugh is this post, which kind of condemns someone bragging about how good they are, yet you call yourself an above average player to start it, then talks about a great day you had as reinforcement for your point.  Yet, in that same argument, you said good days like that have nothing to do with being good, but rather connections.  So in essence, your argument nullified itself, and the only thing I get out of this post is that you think you are above average.

You very well might be a great player, and if you are, kudos to you sir.  However, you are no better then the people you set out to chastise.

CowboySr

Well I can tell you this. Ive played FPSs with the same group of people since the original xbox.  The people with the highest K/Ds in MW3 also were the best in BOPs, MW2, WAW, COD4, Rainbow6V2, RAinbow6v1, Farcry instincts, predator, and 2, Rainbow 6 black arrow, BF3 ect...   The same goes with for the opposite end of the spectrum for those who sucked.

There are a few that get much better over time, and I can only think of 1 that got worse. The bottom line is you can blame lag in individual maps at times cause it does happen, but in the end you are what you are. It almost never changes.

TheHonch

One more thought...you say online is pointless, yet say it's bloody good fun.  Huh?

starbuckfrack

Firstly,I find myself to be an above average COD player

------------------------------

So the OP posted this as the title of the thread and claims he is better than average....

"People think they are great at MW3 are actually not "

(Just Kidding)

i agree, the lag in this game make it totally unfair. Ok, sometimes you are in the good side, but honestly when you are host and/or you have a good internet connection, you are screwed, it's not fair.

It's a fact, demonstrated many times, the devs are aware, but nothing is done.

Say that is different to say that good player are not, i don't think so, a very good player can manage the lag, but for an average player, it's a catastrophe !

To be honest, there is a lot of noob who have a big ratio, it's curious, maybe they have a crap connection...Yeah, with the lag, IW, put the doubt on the real level of the players.

No wonder the community is fuc.ked up, people forgetting its just a game and taking it WAY to seriously. its made for fun and nothing else.

People thinking they are great on this game, boasting what they have done etc, saying they are better than other players because they have a 2.00 K/D, haha it makes me laugh.

All these people complaining about everyting on this game just needs to leave the game alone and move on. Lag and other sh.it will never get sorted on MW3. They have your money now and dont give a Flying F.uk about the players of mw3.

Will complaing about a computer game help the game or the community?

The answer is NO.

obzi

In my opinion a better player over time will always be better.  I am extremely average at this game, a 1.1KD and as I only ever play TDM it's pretty accurate to where I am.  Lag and all the other crap affects me in games, sometimes to my detriment and other times to my advantage so over time it evens out, I guess my stats are probably about right.

A couple of my friends are very, very good at this game, in the games we play together they do better 98% of the time and get a number of kills I can only dream about.  They have been here and played on my xbox and I have been to their house and played there, we have played a game and then swapped over so I know for an absolute fact they are much better than me.

The better players will over time will do better, even when my friends have lag they are STILL better than me which is a bitter pill to swallow, they are 100% legit and (thankfully) don't ever brag about it.

Noob_Lyncher

I'm always on the wrong side of lag, and I still manage to win over 90% of my matches and hold at least a 3.00 K/D when i'm not playing Face-off or Clan Ops. Am I good, or is my average connection doing all the work for me? You talk like connection matters that much in MW3. It did back in the other CoDs, but you'll never see horrible lag in MW3 unless the host cuts their Xbox off. Lag comp is annoying, but it doesn't affect the game THAT much.

jessedart

I stopped reading after:

'Firstly,I find myself to be an above average COD player,'

dude just /thread

I actually meant that im above average whilst playing LAN,the whole point of the thread is that MW3 does not give everyone a fair chance due to its poor connection server thingy.

Some days you will have the better connection and rule,the next day is a different kettle of fish in which you will get destroyed along with your team.

I just find that the team with the better connection always wins,along with their one hit kills and corner turning bullets,this is just my opinion as I have played a lot of COD over the years.

Peace:)

adw1983

49% of the players are above average.

Let's say the Great Players (TM) are the top 5%.

OP complains about people thinking they are in the top 5%.
    ANYONE on this forum is above average because they actually take some sort of interest in the game unlike the Average Player (51%) who just plugs in and play for an hour and goes 11-15, 10-33, 15-10, 25-20. 19-25 before shutting down and doing something else.

I have a harder time believing those who claim to be BELOW average on these forum than I have believing those stating the fact that they are above average.

As I already demonstrated a very long time ago, the average players range from 0.0 KD up to 0.7.
    A 0.8 KD and above IS above average.
    A top 5% player may go 30-10 and play five times as much as the "average player".
    That means that the top 5% player inflicts a 1:3 mark on average players' KD ratio WHILE the top 5 players are present in average of half the games the average players play.
    (50% are present one fifth of the 5% players; For every 10 Great Players there are 20 average players online).

ANY above average player will feed off the average players' KD, and the better the player the more likely the player will actually be playing the game.

CowboySr

This looks like fuzzy math.

In TDM only Id say

0-.74 is Bad

.75-1.74 is avg.

1.75-2.74 above avg.

2.75-3.74 Greatness

3.75+ = your top 1% Legends

ValleyYeti

by your standard i am bad but almost average.  i started with this game, my k/d was terrible for a long time.  lately, over the last 10 games, i averaged a 1.25 but my k/d was SOOOO bad starting out that it is taking forever to get it up.  it actually makes me feel good that i am now classified (by your standards) as almost average.  maybe there is hope afterall. 

did manage to go 28-6 last night on downturn with the help of a pavelow.  most kills i ever got.

thanks for the ray of hope,

Yeti

CowboySr

Well, notice I said only in TDM, cause in objective modes a good portion of that goes out the window.    Heres the kicker.  I dont mind the -.74 players as long as theyre not running around like headless chickens. I get angered with those people cause they have no interest in winning.  If Im having a bad round, I slow it down and let the people doing well take over. But not some of these people. Just about every other game I get stuck with the people that go 6-30 and singlehandedly ruin the game for all on our team.

Really +/- should be the in the game as a stat, along with K/D if you want to know whos doing well(in TDM).

ValleyYeti

i agree with you 100%.  even when i sucked when i was learning, i had the common courtesy towards my teammates to camp out and, even when i only got 4 kills, i would only die like 8 times so i was only -4.  I also made myself useful by making friends with the stinger and keeping the skies clear of uav/killstreaks.  i threw portable for my rushing mates so they could run around slaughtering.  it is pretty rare that i go less than -8.  it drives me NUTS to see a random teammate go 5-20.  they just kill our chances of victory.

BTW, all i play is TDM as i have a bunch of friends that are really good that i usually play with.  they never complain about my k/d and it keeps it fun. 

the k/d is now .69 and is rising about .05 per day so i am happy. 

with all the complaints, this game is fun and, after all, that is what it is all about.

CowboySr

Id say whn someone gets in that -9 range for +/-, it becomes an issue.  At that point its a thousand point swing in the game. SO STOP WHAT YOURE DOING!.  Ive had games where I cant do a thing. I dont know if its lag, or that Im hungover but I still know when to stop. The same goes for the opposite, when Im hot, I take off.

I think a good player realizes how hes doing in each particular game, and supports his team for that match in the best way he can. If your not doing well, I agree with what you do, Grab that stinger and make yourself useful.  Sit in a corner and camp, IDC. Put it on my shoulders, but lets win!

when im doing bad and its just not happening i stay out of high trafic areas why keep rushing in to get destroyed , i would rather go 7-9 say than 7-15 and feed the other team . drop back defend the spawn point and let the pros do there stuff .

ValleyYeti

i found that when i have an off day with a gun, i put on the class with the javelin and bare minimum i can come close to even.  i learned where to fire so i could get at least kill almost every time i fire it, which is after every death.  for people who struggle with gunplay, i would recommend taking the time to master the javelin.  i can routinely get 8-12 kills per match on dome/resistance/bootleg/village/mission with the javelin.  I taught my wife how to use it and she frequently gets doubles with the occasional triple or multi.  it is worth it to learn the spots and take the time to master.

you are 100% right in that you need to FIND a way to help your team when you are floundering.  whether it be camping and calling out enemy locations, shooting down air support, or just letting the javelin fly. 

lol.  i got completely off-topic.

half-megatron

lol kdr's have been skewed since say one....they mean nothing.

Connection plays a hugh part in this game. Maybe not for everyone but it is a big factor. I have found that is I play early in the day I will lag in every match and get host a good bit. Later in the day I will have a good connection. K\D is meaningless if you only play ojective game modes but pionts are meaningless if you play mode where K\D is what matters.

kidmiestro

Want to know what the best source of how good you are in a TDM..... SCORE PER MINUTE.

That was the best thing about Black Ops.  I would go into a room and see all of these 2.0+ but their SPM would be somewhere between 100-150.  I myself always sat in the 250 range because I R-n-G but average less than 2.0 KD.  This would always make me laugh.

In MW3 my lowest SPM is 240 and my highest is 373 (DOME of course).  After finding the spot in Elite that tells the average SPM I found its 275.  Not too bad I feel since I run a 1.79 in TDM.

All other games the K/D is going to be fluctuating because of non-objective seeking players and whatnot.

I know the numbers arent great and I am not saying I am great... I was just giving my .02.

On another note... there is an issue with connection.  Only reason I say this is because of one match I played not 3 days ago.  I was the only person in the lobby with anything higher than a 1.0 ratio, most were sitting at .50-.  I knew something was wrong once the game started because it was truly impossible to kill someone.  The match ended with me going 2-15.... FINAL score of the match.... 1200-7500.  No boosting was noticed, at least I think, and there was never any air support for the other team.  It was just impossible to kill an enemy.  This alone makes it impossible to play a fair and decent match.

It's entirely possible to have a discussion without flaming each other. Take it easy and keep it clean please

9v9me

Does it really matter who believes they're good in CoD?  Especially as casual and random as this game is LOL

codchamp

I think i am a COD beast! it has nothing to do with connection either. I can do good in any game mode and lag is not a excuse. Either i get out played by better players or i dont....K/D is not a factor as well unless you are ONLY a TDM or FFA player.