45 Replies Latest reply: Jun 20, 2012 10:46 AM by FAKKER82 RSS

Got a question? The PC COD Community might help!

This dicussion is created to purely open up pc players' mind on what exactly can we do in Modern Warfare 3 and what the are the reason behind it. Please discusse anything map, gun, strategy, perks, class and routes.

If you have doubt about your class, gun setup, or anything you find interesting, please ask. I will do my best to help out and I beleive rest of the skilled pc players will chip in as well.

Please keep in mind, if you have a question, reply to original post. If you wish to answer a question, reply to the question's post.

• Re: Got a question? The PC COD Community might help!

I'll start.

Question: Why do you not wanting to use Blind Eye Pro with LMG?

wierd worlds are these

I won't use Blind Eye Pro with a LMG simply because of the reload times, so I will simply use Slight Of Hand Pro if I was to use a LMG.

My Question:

Why do people always camp in Hardcore Gametypes?

Players camp for easy kills, because the maps have too many camp spots built in ... don't mind if they use a sniper, and they are moving from time to time, but a smg no! poor skills they have... "message from the dark side that was"

wierd worlds are these wrote:

I won't use Blind Eye Pro with a LMG simply because of the reload times, so I will simply use Slight Of Hand Pro if I was to use a LMG.

My Question:

Why do people always camp in Hardcore Gametypes?

There are really Two answers: (Three counting Scared noobs; but I think that apply's to soft core as well)

The first, most obvious, is defending an objective. or suppressing fire along a well used corridor. (it is a team tactic)

The second is just misperception: (It's not really camping at all)

Because bullets kill in HC; people are more likely to use cover when moving.

I only play HC objective based games: So if I by chance, happen in to a soft core server; I'm thrown off my game for a few min.

my kits are all set up for objective based game modes (ranged weapons, anti radar perks, silence etc...)

So my instinct is to use cover, and my iron sights...if I shoot some one twice in the head I assume I have killed them. (forgetting that it takes at least three; I stop shooting just to get killed by the one I THOUGHT I just killed...lol)

It takes a few min. to get use to the change in pace; just as it would take a few min. to get use to a more tactical approach; as in HC.

I am the least camping person I know that plays HC objective based game modes. (unless I am on defense; then I keep our objective in my FOV stop a couple of attacker, and move to a new location; keeping my eye on our base at all times) as a team captain I do not advocate leaving our base unguarded EVER; If you are assigned to defense you had better be DEFENDING.

Yet I have been "perceived" as camping, even while running flags, in CTF; just because I kill some one twice coincidently

(or maybe not; maybe I was predicting that they would come RUNNING down a corridor, met them, and killed them) from the same cover.

In either case people who play soft core a lot, presume, that if you are not "RUNNING" when you kill them you must be camping.

That is just a misperception.

Poison_pawn POC

P.S. in hard core objective based game types, team point win games; not player stats. (it's not about how many you kill; it's about how many your team score)

@wierd worlds are these

hmm, I understand that Slight of Hands allows reload faster for LMG, but with 100 bullets you really don't need to reload that much to make a big difference.

Now for your question.

Most of the time, people are just scared. In Hardcore matches, kill is easy, even a stray bullet can earn you a score. The combination of assassin pro and dead silence are mostly used in this mode, because players do not want to be spotted by sound or uav, but the down side is for those who do not use it, they are at a disadvantage. To solve that many players just hide in a corner or have their back behind an object to ensure their position is secure.

Back in time, when we all were playing World At War made by 3arc. The hardcore mode was ideal for a lot of skilled players. It wasn't a 1 bullet easy kill back then in hardcore, but it also does not take a lot to kill. MW2 and MW3 have changed that, the regular core mode is the back then hardcore mode, and the now hardcore mode got too out of realistic sense  that it wasn't viable for people to brave out any more.

wierd worlds are these

To be honest I just asked the question for the fun of it as I already know the answer.

People camp because they have

No skill

Scared to die allot

Only have one hand

The map's are designed for camping

Now next question to keep the thread alive as it may bring up some good point's dependant on peoples answers and questions.

Question

Why no 1st person view of enemie players in theater mode?

Answer on a postcard please people

My answer I think, is to stop people from showing cheaters properly in videos on youtube etc.

LOL! Very funny!

I'm sure IW decided to not incorporate FPV is to lessen the amount of the cheat reports. It is a good idea, but I seriously doubt IW, SH, and Activision are that lame, but if they are then kudos to them, sarcastically.

Ok back to the question.

Personally I think IW/SH didn't include FPV is because there's too much responsibilities on their shoulder to cater to it. What I mean is not that they have a lot responsibilities and have no extra resoruce to do this, but rather the responsibility is too heavy for them.

Say, if I'm a savvy video editor and recorded your gameplay in FPV, then I edit your play to look like a cheater. What are the chances of you being banned? Very high right? Why would I do this to you or someone who I do not know? Because I can and I want to ruin you. Believe me there are lame ducks like this out there and frankly young kids are in the majority.

So how would IW deal with this? They can not confirm the authenticity of the FPV video, and therefore they can not act based on that evidence. If they did and were sued, it's a big lose of profit, think of all the lawyers, court fees, compensation and time consumption to deal with this small matter, yes ban a cheater is a small matter to them.

Therefore, what's the point of adding such feature when it has no value to them...nah... let's not add it at all.

Hope this answers your question.

this goes to both FAKKER82 and wierd worlds are these:

And here I thought this would be an intelligent conversation: You should have titled this thread whiners corner, or why I think I'm L33t.

they removed FPV demos, to further sabotage dedicated servers; just like they removed server logs, hid the server browser, and limited access to dvars (on un ranked servers no less) to try to sell P2P match making, as a more viable option. (which back fired on them IMO)

FAKKER82 your hypothesis on this matter is "fantastic" (by this I mean really out there) they do not worry about being "sued" by the like of us; over anything so trivial as false accusations of cheating. (good luck with that) and as for the video tampering: IF, and that is a big if, they found them selves (I can't believe I'm typing this it's so ridiculous) needing to defend them selves; you don't think video tampering can be EASILY proved?

As for the camping issue: I was trying to play nice, but since you obviously don't want to; here a question for you.

Q: Why do people run around, out in the open, stomping like a heard of cattle, jumping up and down like idiots (as if to say here I am shoot me) shooting at everything that moves, paying absolutely no attention to where their going, or to the objective at hand.

A: because they are stat whores; who couldn't care less, if there team wins or looses, as long as they have the highest K/D.

But the joke is on them because they are usually stopped by some one playing the objective; who they quickly call camper. (oh don't forget to gripe about them getting to many kill streaks)

At which point I respond:

<DoM>Poison_pawn: it's called defense you should try it some time.

Consol: there is no whining allowed on this server. Play the objective as a team or find a TDM server to play on.

Or maybe it's because thinking hurts their brain.

I have no problem with people playing SC TDM, or DM although in your case weird I would think you'd have left that behind by now; but it's you life. and I would no presume to tell you how to live (if you want to be the TDM god for the rest of your life more power to you) but thankfully there are other modes, and game types; and they can not all be approached in the same way.

I haven't played TDM since the beginning of the first COD (I was already in a clan and we quickly choose SD as our competition) but when I did: I invented (not literally, but figuratively) Run&gun, dolphin diving (back then it was called fish flopping) proning nade spamming, bunny hopping etc... (I had just come from UT)

But I also quickly learned that COD was NOT unreal; I learned very quickly that to survive you need to crouch (to lessen the sound) and you could NOT just run, in and kill every thing that moved; the hit boxes where much smaller, you HAD to use your sights, and you had better known how to use a pistol; hip fire was a last ditch effort (kid of like last stand) and a noob tube was a once use weapon. and spawns? they where basically Two (on either side of the map) that you could flip.

In short: You had to use your head or you where dead!

(there was no "soft core" there where no "perks" no kill streak"  no "old school" that was the school!)

But over the last few years this game has been reduced to a total arcade game; learn how to use it, or loose it.

But for Pete's sake stop whining! /counter rant off

Poison_pawn POC

I'm really not sure if you were really replying to me, cuz I can't see the relation. After read your post, all I can say to you is please get over your superiority complex and come back to the real world.

really? uhhh, you won't find any more "real" that Poison I see the relavance to where the conversation went. I think you made some very good points however. It's not one or the other... I think it's all of the above

Only if he would reply in the same manner as you did, would I see it "real". My take on the issue of FPV is more or less about a feature that generates more bad than good than simple law suits, and that was just an example. Not only he failed to see it that way, somehow he thinks we are "whining" and so he felt entitled to keep it going like some kind of big brother.

To Posion_Pawn,

If you want to make it personal then please keep it personal.

FAKKER82 wrote:

I'm really not sure if you were really replying to me, cuz I can't see the relation. After read your post, all I can say to you is please get over your superiority complex and come back to the real world.

Really? I have a "superiority complex" I'm not the one who started a thread Presuming to Be an authority on MW3:

Quote: "This dicussion is created to purely open up pc players' mind on what exactly can we do in Modern Warfare 3 and what the are the reason behind it. Please discusse anything map, gun, strategy, perks, class and routes.

If you have doubt about your class, gun setup, or anything you find interesting, please ask. I will do my best to help out and I beleive rest of the skilled pc players will chip in as well.

Please keep in mind, if you have a question, reply to original post. If you wish to answer a question, reply to the question's post."

And then proceeded to try and bait a conversation with an obviously rhetorical question.

If you want this to be an intelligent conversation you would not have stated in a matter of fact manner: that any one play style was inferior to another.

Quote: "@wierd worlds are these

hmm, I understand that Slight of Hands allows reload faster for LMG, but with 100 bullets you really don't need to reload that much to make a big difference.

Now for your question.

Most of the time, people are just scared. In Hardcore matches, kill is easy, even a stray bullet can earn you a score. The combination of assassin pro and dead silence are mostly used in this mode, because players do not want to be spotted by sound or uav, but the down side is for those who do not use it, they are at a disadvantage. To solve that many players just hide in a corner or have their back behind an object to ensure their position is secure.

Back in time, when we all were playing World At War made by 3arc. The hardcore mode was ideal for a lot of skilled players. It wasn't a 1 bullet easy kill back then in hardcore, but it also does not take a lot to kill. MW2 and MW3 have changed that, the regular core mode is the back then hardcore mode, and the now hardcore mode got too out of realistic sense  that it wasn't viable for people to brave out any more."

As I stated: IMO Yours is NOT the only correct answer; and further there is no cause EVER to be disrespectful of another persons play style.

That goes for weird world as well

Quote: "To be honest I just asked the question for the fun of it as I already know the answer.

No skill

Scared to die allot

Only have one hand

The map's are designed for camping"

as for your take on the FPV: that just makes no cense at all; you're saying that no evidence is better then some?

We can have this conversation with out getting personal or you can continue to make it personal; It's up to you. I can play this game all day.

you are amazing! You even slapped weird worlds are these's post onto me as somehow I posted it as bait?

I understand you want to vent somehwere, but please understand I just want to a fair discussion about anything in MW3. I obviously I have my point of view and I want to understand others'.

However this does not mean you have the right to butt in to call us, particularly me and weird worlds are these whining. Weird Worlds are These was merely expressing his displeasure with players who hides in corners with assassin pro and blind eye, and I simply tried to understand him and give him my thoughts on why they do it. Yet you took the wrong turn.

In no way my openning post was any "authoritative". In fact I consider it to be humble and simply set up a guide line on how to organize this topic.

Here's a quote from you

---------------------------------------------------

this goes to both FAKKER82 and wierd worlds are these:

And here I thought this would be an intelligent conversation: You should have titled this thread whiners corner, or why I think I'm L33t.

---------------------------------------------------

It is you who made this personal, not me and the only person that can solve it is you. At this point I'm really not sure if your head is even clear on what's going on

About the FPV. My take does make sense. It is better to have no evidence than have unproven evidence. Here is an other example why it is unproven. I will change my name to yours as "Poison_Pawn" in steam, then I will go on play with my partner and have him record my cheated gameplay in FPV, then report to IW. There, you are gone or should IW do anything about it?

Lastly, I would suggest you to clear up your head and carefully read who post what before you try to argue something so trivial and get off your high horse. The fact you are the only person I've seen that calls regular mode is a "soft core" mode is simply laughable.

FAKKER82 wrote:

About the FPV. My take does make sense. It is better to have no evidence than have unproven evidence. Here is an other example why it is unproven. I will change my name to yours as "Poison_Pawn" in steam, then I will go on play with my partner and have him record my cheated gameplay in FPV, then report to IW. There, you are gone or should IW do anything about it?

Lastly, I would suggest you to clear up your head and carefully read who post what before you try to argue something so trivial and get off your high horse. The fact you are the only person I've seen that calls regular mode is a "soft core" mode is simply laughable.

You really are an idiot, aren't you? you can use any "in game name" you like; how about you try to duplicate my GUID and Steam user name; smart guy.

Try again.

"Lastly" This shows just how noob you are: It's only been the last couple of years that people have been trying to make "core" PC (politically correct) but I do not play the political correctness game; It is what it is. The opposite of hard is soft. deal with it.

and I don't see weird words getting bent out of shape (must be because he understands English better, and read my first post in it entirety)

There is no need for you to keep carrying on, but if you must; as I said before, I can do this all day

I see you've stood down even further by calling names, great job. So far I see that most of your arguements has ben nullified or invalidated. Now the only thing you can mention is the PVE issue and a rather lame arguement about game modes, but some how you are still on the high horse.

Your taunt won't work for me, nor would I really care. I for one isn't lame enough to frame others, but you shouldn't be navie enough to believe that you are somehow 100% protected. There's nothing impossible in computer world, something like frame your steam id and profile is not that hard. This you should know without arguing.

As for a mode issue, there's only regular mode and hardcore mode. What is the point of being making them opposite? So that you can tell others "hey I play hardcore mode cuz it's hard and not easy. The rest of you sucks."? The fact is there is nothing opposite, One is the regulard mode, the other is just upped damage mode. Both have their advantage and disadvantages. You should deal with it for what their proper instead of trying to imply that you are suppose to be some kind of 1337.

FAKKER82 wrote:

I see you've stood down even further by calling names, great job. So far I see that most of your arguements has ben nullified or invalidated. Now the only thing you can mention is the PVE issue and a rather lame arguement about game modes, but some how you are still on the high horse.

Your taunt won't work for me, nor would I really care. I for one isn't lame enough to frame others, but you shouldn't be navie enough to believe that you are somehow 100% protected. There's nothing impossible in computer world, something like frame your steam id and profile is not that hard. This you should know without arguing.

As for a mode issue, there's only regular mode and hardcore mode. What is the point of being making them opposite? So that you can tell others "hey I play hardcore mode cuz it's hard and not easy. The rest of you sucks."? The fact is there is nothing opposite, One is the regulard mode, the other is just upped damage mode. Both have their advantage and disadvantages. You should deal with it for what their proper instead of trying to imply that you are suppose to be some kind of 1337.

the more you talk, the less confidence I have in your intelligent's.

Kepp digging.

Stormproot

wierd worlds are these wrote:

To be honest I just asked the question for the fun of it as I already know the answer.

No skill

Scared to die allot

Only have one hand

The map's are designed for camping

n00bs like me camp to even up the odds against skilled players like you.

Problem is, it's not all that effective and only a slight annoyance to the skilled guys.

I also psuedo-camp to learn the maps.

THen there is the point that your ping should determine your aggressiveness. The higher the ping the more conservatively you should play. There is nothing wrong with camping by the way. It funny to me that people will try to shame you for camping... it's a smart move if you have low ping and skill... which is the real reason people who like to run and gun, don't like them. Because they are foolish and won't everyone to play their game It's the same reason PPL ***** about over powered weapons. They don't really hate over powered weapons, they just hate dying, and the weapon gets the blame. Unfortunately it's the whiner that get heard, and many times get things changed... not always for the better.

My next question,

Is MK14 better with or without Silencer?

Question - What would your class setup and strategy be if your enemy is using:

Pri - P90 + Ext Mag + Rapid Fire

2nd - Any Handgun

Lethal - Semetex

Equipment - Concussive Grenade

Perk - Slight of Hands Pro, Hardline Pro, Steady Aim Pro

Strike package - Support, UAV + CUAV

I would match it, but opt for Quick Draw or Assassin in the second slot... or, use an MP7, which has a slight advantage with recoil and hip fire pattern.

Fight fire with fire! I like that, kind of my style.

However, according to proven tests, Rapid Fire increases 30%+ refire rate on all SMGs except MP7 which is less than 10%. So I would under the impression that it turns out to be MP7's disadvantage. Also from raise time point of view, Quick Draw gives advantage, but both guns have less than 1 second ADS timer, P90 is .76, and MP7 is .80,  also most of the fight would be determined by hip fire, and since both using steady aim, whoever fires more bullets would win averagely speaking wouldn't you think?

Now if you are using Assassin Pro, the fighting style might change a bit. While both have about the same ADS and hip fire raise timer, the P90 have Hardline pro with UAV and CUAV. That's every 3 and 4 kills = UAV and CUAV or less with assists. This means a lot of times your radar is ineffective while when you fire, you are spotted on radar. Even tho UAV is not going to be a + against Assassin Pro, but still perk-wise, you are at a disadvantage as well.

I didn't know that about the MP7 Rapid Fire disadvantage. When I was deciding on the P90 and the MP7, it ended up being the pattern that turned me to the MP7. It is better at distance, and the Rapid Fire doesn't help at a distance, if the recoil is worse. Good match up in any case. As in most cases it would come down to ping I suspect. I am going to try the P90 again. I have a buddy that swears by it and we have similar styles. With the 50 round clip, the P90 may not need extended mags also. I was using the P90 when I got the MP7. I did switch for a reason I suppose. I like the P90 iron sites better also. On the other hand, I get a lot of Long Shots with the MP7. I use the MP7 with extended mags and red dot. But we play DOM almost exclusively. You can take down a room full with the extended mags. If you are just going head to head though, you wouldn't need extended mags. hmmmm

Yeah, the Rapid Fire attachment is almost useless for MP7. However MP7 is very accurate, this makes it suitable for most situation like jack of all trades, but master of none. The MP7 is the least powerful SMG in its category with mere 35 per bullet damage vs P90's 45. If I'm correct, you play on Poison_Pawn's hardcore DOM dedicated server. So based on that, P90 in hardcore can clear a room of enemies that much easier even without ext mag compared to MP7.

Well, you didn't know about the Rapid Fire's uselessness before, but now you know. I hope this will help you further your knowledge and skill in CoD and gain more respect from other players. Perhaps now you can get rid of Rapid Fire and use an other attachment or proficiency then become even more powerful than before, and this is what this discussion is all about

Stormproot

FAKKER82 wrote:

Question - What would your class setup and strategy be if your enemy is using:

Pri - P90 + Ext Mag + Rapid Fire

2nd - Any Handgun

Lethal - Semetex

Equipment - Concussive Grenade

Perk - Slight of Hands Pro, Hardline Pro, Steady Aim Pro

Strike package - Support, UAV + CUAV

Pri - MP7 + RDS + Rapid Fire

2nd - .44 Magnum + Akimbo

Lethal - Claymore/Bouncing Betty

Equipment - Flash Grenade

Perk - Scavenger Pro, Hardline Pro, Steady Aim Pro

Strike package - Assault: UAV, CP, Predator

MP7 I find the best SMG

Akimbo .44 Magnum because it's really fun - and annoys idiots.

Scavenger Pro gives you ext mags, so Sleight of Hand is needed less.

Claymore/Bouncing Betty may catch him out without the need to shoot him

Flashbang instead of concussion grenade - just to be different really.

What are your strategies to fight against the said P90 user?

Stormproot

Depends on the map.

But basically a random mixture of camp then run & gun then camp again until I work out his style and favourite camping spots and runs. Then make sure I see him before he sees me.

Adoptability! It is a very important attribute in a fast paced FPS game. A player who can not adopt according to situtation is an easy predictable target aka dead player.

However, you are not the only smart guy in CoD. What if the said P90 user changes along with you and became un-predictable after you ambushed him once or twice? I'm saying this because it is common for players to underestimate others, but shouldn't. We've all been out played before I'm sure.

On top of that, in my  opinion your strategy have some flaws. One being that MP7 is weaker than P90. In CQC for example, P90 has higher bullet damage, and fires more bullets while you have more bullets in reserve, the p90 has higher up time with ext mag and sleight of hands pro. Two is that while you gain uav in 2 kills, but the p90 user can gain uav just as fast with assist, and the p90 user does not have to care about losing its point streak, but you do. On top of that the p90 user will be spamming cuav right after next kill, so it could very much posibly render your uav useless partially. Since both of you use uav with no assassin pro, camping or ambush might not be such a good idea or even counter productive, example is bunny prefire.

Now what will you do then?

FAKKER82 wrote:

Adoptability! It is a very important attribute in a fast paced FPS game. A player who can not adopt according to situtation is an easy predictable target aka dead player.

However, you are not the only smart guy in CoD. What if the said P90 user changes along with you and became un-predictable after you ambushed him once or twice? I'm saying this because it is common for players to underestimate others, but shouldn't. We've all been out played before I'm sure.

On top of that, in my  opinion your strategy have some flaws. One being that MP7 is weaker than P90. In CQC for example, P90 has higher bullet damage, and fires more bullets while you have more bullets in reserve, the p90 has higher up time with ext mag and sleight of hands pro. Two is that while you gain uav in 2 kills, but the p90 user can gain uav just as fast with assist, and the p90 user does not have to care about losing its point streak, but you do. On top of that the p90 user will be spamming cuav right after next kill, so it could very much posibly render your uav useless partially. Since both of you use uav with no assassin pro, camping or ambush might not be such a good idea or even counter productive, example is bunny prefire.

So basically you have just set your self up as the player critic: how about you play the way you like; and if you feel the need to share by all mean, this is an open forum.

But if you're only response is to criticize other players style; there really is no cause for that.

you should change your approach; if you want people to hear you. (no of course you don't have to do anything; that is just friendly advise)

every play style is personal choice; and one is as valid as another (it's for the individual to decide; not for you to dictate)

It's one thing to give your opinion on a subject; and entirely another to infer that some one else's is wrong.

If you want to have a friendly community conversation; leave the innuendos, and baited rhetorical question out of it.

People hear a lot better when they don't feel their intelligent's is being insulted (if you don't see where you went wrong; then you are dumber then I thought)

Here's an example:

Oh: And learn to use the spell checker.

How did that last sentence make you feel?

Actually I notice you don't seem to take any criticism very well...Hmmmm...Let's think about that.

Shall we continue?

Stormproot

FAKKER82 wrote:

I am no smart guy - I am a n00b. But if the opponents change tactics, then the learning process begins again - eventually they will run out of different tactics to use, and although it would take alot longer to learn them all, eventually I would be able to 'detect' which particular tactic is being employed - and to a certain degree should be able to predict the next tactic in the list. However this would take me quite a bit of time, and would require playing the same person many many times - which would rarely happen in matchmaking.

I use the MP7 because I like it - it's accurate, almost zero recoil and delivers enough firepower to do the job. It's very easy to start over-thinking strategy and possible scenarios when it is probably better to develop basic CQ skills and learn to aim as quickly as possible as this skillset will tend to be the trump card in most situations. Tactics can give you an edge to a certain degree - but to over-think them is counter-productive - only in my opinion though. It is always best to know what works, and the only way to do that is to try it out - and I'm betting that most people will gravitate towards similar successful setups, but not identical ones, and you'll even get some setups that only a few can use successfully as it is down to individual preferences, aptitude and skills.

Personally I love to take out experienced players with a weapon that is not suited for the job - because it's more difficult to acheive, and more entertaining when they cry about it.

For me, at the end of the day, the game is all about enjoyment - I'm not worried about getting owned all the time (though if I'm up against some really good players in a looby I will leave that lobby after a match and find another lobby more on my level), or concerned that my K/D is sufferring - I only try to play as well as I can - and if I do that, I'm happy.

FAKKER82 wrote:

What are your strategies to fight against the said P90 user?

(if you're talkin 1V1)

I would keep my distance use cover as in any situation; shoot them in the head with a silenced ACR, MK14, or .44; and laugh out load if they holler campernoob.

If you're talking teams) there are many tactics to approach a game.

It would depend on how many P90 users where on the board: If it where just a random; no change.

if it turned in to a run&gun game (so long as we where still playing the objective: that is a rule on my server) then I would switch to my scar (stability+extended mag), or a MP7 silenced+melee, if we're going to be going toe to toe I want a shorter lunge time) depending on what kind of defense the opposing team has set up (if they're running a sniper defense; I would want a weapon with a little better FOV that will also work well in CQC) unless I'm on defense; then there would be no change.

I will never trade ninja, blind eye, or dead silence, for anything, and I always carry a .44 (I like the range) I also like to shoot down bunnies, so I can taunt with "jump over that!"...lol

P.S. I don't play for K/D; I play for W/L (some time it's better to let somebody go, then to give away your position)

My setup depends on what map I am playing, smg + hand gun small maps, sniper + auto for any other.

PS and I have never under stood the need for bunny hopping, is it a maths thing that the game cannot detect you if you jump up and down when being shot at, or is it you eat too many carrots ???

The term "bunny hop" does not really apply in COD because, in COD a player can not jump with same height consecutively as the 1st one. There are however other FPS games such as Combat Arms that allows player to continuously jump with the same height and it is pretty effective to throw off enemy's targeting point.

In CoD, most of the time bunny hop is used on players who surprisingly appear in the mid air from a corner. This does take enemy's by surprise as no player is going to aim at the mid air all the time to anticipate corner jumpers. Besides that, the leaping speed is faster than sprinting so it is even harder target while still able to fire.

Carrots helps with eye sights, but not sure if it will make you look like a bunny.

This reminds me of bass fishing... yeah, bass fishing. I wanted to learn how to bass fish, so I joined a bass club. I didn't have a boat, so in the monthly tournaments I would go "no boater", meaning I'd fish from the back of the boat with someone who had a boat and a lot more experience than me. So I fished with everyone, learned their techniques and favorite spots. What I noticed was that everyone had a bait that they specialized in. There were only a few good lures though. How it relates is... people did best with the lure that they were most comfortable with and had the most confidence in. The confidence alone made them better fishermen. The guns and classes in this game are the same way. It's all good... use what you have confidence in and learn from others

Question - If you are using a pump action shotgun, what proficiency and attachment would you use and why?

Also please, if you have any question, feel free to ask. This topic is all about discussion within MW3 if I can't help, someone else might.