28 Replies Latest reply: Jun 16, 2012 5:13 PM by slip_ups RSS

Stat chaser?

monkeylord

There's a lot of debate about do stats matter and what stats make you a "good" player. Speaking for myself the longer i've played the more i've began to disregard my stats apart from confirm tags collected it doesn't matter how bad a round lags or if I lose as long as I get the emblem for most confirms.

I don't think it makes me a great player it's just a number that means nowt to most but keeps the game fun for me so I was wondering is there a stat or particular emblem that you like to chase.

• Re: Stat chaser?

I go for the win and will disregard my kd for it.

sennalike

Pretty much same here, but I only play domination where KD doesn't make the win or loss.  If the win isn't possible, i.e. thrown in towards the end of a losing mathc then its grab as uch XP as possible.

In terms of accolades and titles, they are interesting but not a driver.  This is probably a good place to ask, can someone tell me what the third accolade down on the far right is on page 1?  It's the one below Ambusher (most claymore kills).  It's the only one I haven't unlocked on page 1.

RAMBONER

I have almost 16k caps to 60k kills and I only play dom so when I see guys in the lobby with 60k kills and 3k caps and a kdr of 3 I just hope they arent on my team cuz I know they arent going to help me secure the flags.  Id rather have the guy with 10k caps and 60k deaths honestly.  At least i know hes working for the win.

The stats are so misleading at times.  Guys like Whytie who have a kdr close to 3 but never stop moving are amazing.  Guys with a 2 kdr that hide like wimps in their spawn padding their kdr are bad players imo.  Of course I only play dom so kdr isnt worth much.  Ifyou only play tdm then obviously its all that matters.  SPM is all that matters really.  I wish this game showedyou spm like bops did.

sennalike

Totally agree, I have 33k kills and 8.6k caps, 5.7k defends.  I often look at the lobby leaderboard and do some quick maths to see if people are objective players or killwhores.  Oddly enough it is then the killwhores who send you hate messages calling you a camper when you repeatedly kill them because they were too stupid not to play the objective.

i used to care about my win loss when it was a 5 and i somewhat care about my kd as long as i keep it above 2 its fine with me. as for caping flags and all that in dom i found myself jumping on more flags in blops because it showed on the leaderboards at the end of the game and i wanted to be the guy who dropped 40-50 kills and had 5+ caps. in this game its more like hold to flags and just killwhore, make sure you dont push to hard and win the games.

Agreed, i liked being able to see how many caps i got in a game in comparison to my kills i always strived to get atleast 4-5 caps while still getting as many kills as possible.

I don't care about stats, I care about having fun. I find that nights where I'm having fun, my K/D and W/L take care of themsevles.

Yesterday afternoon a few of my clan members who hadn't played in a while hopped on and we were having a blast. A few of us (myself included) got MOABs, and we seemed to just repeatedly tear through the enemy team. I had a ton of fun, and my stats were very good.

Later I hopped on and was playing with one other person. We only seemed to come across ******** who were more focused on talking **** in the lobbies and the games were painful to play with the amount of SMAWs/RPGs/Akimbos being used. My stats where nowhere near as good, and I was not having fun.

I guess my point is my main goal is to have fun, usually good stats follow

monkeylord

Definitely agree on the fun angle just for the past few months i've found i've been grooving more on the accolades rather than overall stats. The one I don't get often but I love it when I pull one out of the hat once in a blue moon is the MVP skull.

With people rage quitting and new people joining in MVP and Juggernaut are tough accolades to get. I almost always end up with the Most Kills and Longest Killstreak accolade, but I don't get the MVP too often

monkeylord

Think i've only got 50 of the MVP ,the most kills accolade i'll hit about one in 3 rounds.

The accolade I feel cheap about geting is highest multikills as thats normally due to droppin a stealthbomber but that stealth has turned a losing round into a win so many times that I can't see losing it anytime soon.

JTSN

I have 116 MVP accolades mostly due to DropZone & a couple of infected which i dont really count as a MVP but i started realizing that if you play Face Off mode 1v1 or 2v2 you get the MVP accolade like crazy!!! i get it about 4/5 games in Face off

I chase the butcher one for most throwing knives.

I go for wins first and forenost. Then I like to go for Moabs and MVP accolades.

Thesandman

Are the guys who say they only go for the win and not stats, actually padding a stat as in win/loss?

JPE777

Trying to win the game is now "padding a stat?"

Really?!

Padding a stat is to improve statistical measurements in "soft" ways. In other words, ways that have little or no impact on the overall result. Actually doing things to create a win are NEVER stat padding actions.

The amount of stat padding in CoD is absolutely ridiculous and there are many ways of going about it. A big reason why I have very little respect for 70-80% of this community. Unfortunately, that percentage is even higher when concerning only those who are involved in the game enough to post on forums like this, buy CoD Elite etc.

monkeylord

I gotta say it was these forums that changed my mind about stats as so many seem to pad out there stats without realising to do so negates any results they get. But I do like to chase emblems and enjoy collecting them.

Thesandman

JPE notice the ? at the end of my sentence. It was a question and not a statement.

JPE777

Yes, I did see the question mark.

However, rightly or wrongly, I didnt read your comment believing it to be playing devil's advocate and therefore, saw it as your opinion.

If you were playing devil's advocate, fair enough, but I dont see how my response could agitate you in that context.

Never heard of "stat padding". In MW2 I cared bout my kd but it was also my first COD game. In Black Ops I cared about my kd and my wl. In MW3 I care about my win loss the most and not so much my kd because I've been doing gun challenges. I want the 2500 kills title on all weapons. I have all the assault and smgs finished and have over 2000 kills with the stinger and I'm working on the shotguns. Doing this hinders the kd a bit. In a match I go for the win first and then work on my kd and other stuff.

xxphenomen4xx

i'm more pleased with myself when i have a high kd and score at the end of the game, because i proved to the lobby that i put in wetwork!?  but i'm like you monkeylord, i've lost my drive for a high kd, but mostly because i'm hovering around 1.9  which is good considering i've been running with all the weapons, unlocking all their gear!

what i do chase is the last kill!?  i always want the final killcam, so i work for, being extra cautious.

sennalike

@sandman

I don't think going for the win is padding your stats, for me it is human nature to want to win a game of any sort.  Personally I play to win the individual match and it doesn't actually matter to me what my overall win/loss is.  Especially when far too much is out of my control; like being thrown in to a losing match with seconds to go!