9 Replies Latest reply: Jun 17, 2012 7:16 AM by Out RSS

What really ruins the game

Out

I was just reading the thread about how campers ruin a game

Does it bother me that some people camp....NO..... they paid for the game its upto them to pay it they way they want .... I am 50 yrs old and have fought in real battles  and i can tell you for sure that no -one runs around wide open looking to make a kill , so the run and gun players are the most unreal type .....have you ever met a real life RAMBO..no i didnt think so. Yes i know its a game, but i tryed to play the game when i first purchased it like a real war would be fought..... that didnt workout to well, so finally i studied the maps so i new where i was at at all times  and i became the player that would move from cover to cover not camping mind you but moving slower than run and gun players ( i was still called a camper lol) now i do some running and gunning but i cant compete with the younger guys/gals with fresher reflexs. while i am a prestige 13 i am not as good as most, but i still enjoying playing and meeting the challenges..........

If you dont like they way the people are playing LEAVE the lobby its that simple ...If your  win loss ratio is that important to you that you think you cant leave.. ..then you might need to get a life.... the only thing that ruins a game is smart mouthed players who talk trash because they think this games makes the somebody ....... I cant count the times if someone hears me speak i get told "Old Man take your old country azz and play somewhere else" most of the time it is spoken more colorful than that LOL ..thsi seems to worse with and entire clan in the lobby i guess members are trying to look big and bad to the other members...... But you know i have three options either use the mute button or Find a new lobby, or just stay to piz* them off .......

If you are one of the smart mouthed players and reading this .......... Get a life... and learn to be someone in the real world,  you will then realize that these games can be fun and enjoyed even more .......... If you are a professional gamer......you are most probally not guilty of the above if you are your not a professional anymore

• Re: What really ruins the game
    ChestSplittah

I understand what you mean. I would like to add... The ones that usually are "runangunnas" cause a crap load problems in matches are usually only thinking about theater mode clips. I want to win. I know...as a person with a reasonable amount of intelligence. Theater will get you no where, and that it is less than 15 minutes of fame.

Thesandman

I agree also, im 41 and love kicking these childrens a$$es who talk crap behind the anonymity of their headsets.

I have had many a debate on these forums about run and gun headless chicken style v camp/patrol. As you said its up to the individual and there is no correct or incorrect way to play. I patrol tactically which the rushers call camping and i manage to hold my own.

Do you ever notice that it is the rushers who complain more about the patrollers than the other way round? There just mad because i choose not to always rush straight into the battlefield.

I have tried both and like the OP my reflexes are just a little slower than someone 20yrs my junior.

monkeylord

Run and gun doesn't always equate to headless chicken run and gun is just using the maps overload of cover to move fast and aggresive.

You can run a complete lap of all the maps while still keeping the edge cover wise it's perfect for modes like KC where using the same principles allows you to hover up tags and rack up kills while holding onto a decent KD.

Also as someone who plays solo a lot it's the best way to get a win as you can't always count on your randoms to help out.

Out

I dont mind the Rushers or Run and Gunners,  Our clan is made up of all types Campers, Rushers, Tubers, you name we have some In our clan that play that way....a couple of our younger guys (early 20s) can run wide open jump and still shoot a knat in the AZZ half way across the map lol ... some tube/rocket kill enough that the tube or rocket launcher should melt down ... and some bring the hotdods and tent and camp ....... it dosent matter to us how the other plays ... and it does drive some clans and players crazy  when we have a combination of all the above toghether, they dont know how to watch for all 3 types of play i guess ......

and it works pretty good if we decide to get seroius(which we seldom do LOL) and play like a clan the tubers become the bait that the other team gets pizzed at because of the multi kills they can get,The campers /snipers pick off stray players and the run and gunners  collect tags and cover the rest..  We mostly play HC / KC  and none of us like regular core anything ...  mainly because  the HUD is always up and the Killcam ...... I personally dont understand trying to truly "Snipe" a map when the Killcam gives away your spot ,,,,,,,,, if the developers added a no Killcam when people used blindeye pro and assasian pro perk together this would make regular core a better mode and i would love to see Ground War added to the Hardcore playlist  and agian i think its the smart mouthed players who ruin the game.. and i am not talking about friendly trash talk ...friendly trash talk makes the game fun ... its the disrespectfull attacks i am talking about

Thesandman

Forgot to mention that i tend to run and gun more on modes like KC were you have to move to collect your tags. I play tactically in Domination usin the 2 of 3 flags mode whilst not advancing into the final 3rd of the map. Again its up to the individual.

Thesandman

The difference is that if you secure a nd b or b and c and then not go across into the other spawn,then you will easily win and rack up lots of kills as the other team cant get out of their initial spawn. But if you go for a 3rd flag then you flip the spawn and the other team respawn at your original base flag. Game mode is Domination.

Holding only 2 flags will win the game every time

Izjar11

Good post, all valid points. Age and gaming shouldn't be question, except if your seriously underage in this game (under 18).

Gamestyle is irrelevant, it is up to each player to play as they desire, run, hide, camp, take cover, move, reload. Its all simply part of the game.

Your overall point is very true, everyone should just enjoy the game for what it is.

Again good post.