34 Replies Latest reply: Jun 19, 2012 8:28 PM by nicedrewishfela RSS

Campers and noobtubes

There are way too many crybabies in Cod! Everywhere I look I see and hear people crying about campers and tubers! Learn how to play and maybe you won't get killed as often, and stop blaming your pathetic skills on campers and tubers! If you knew how to play then you would know how to adjust your gameplay and not get shot up as often. No hate on the real players, just tired of hearing all these "gamers" cry about how they die! Don't worry, buy the "Anti-camp" edition of Black Ops 2, all the maps are square, no cover, and everyone just shoots each other. Plus everyone has a blinking light above their heads so you know where they are, that way you can't get killed by a camper. Kill or get killed!

• Re: Campers and noobtubes

somebodys wearing their big boy pants today go on son you tell them

Steve2589

If you get killed over and over by the same camper then you need to change what you're doing and if they're getting the kills then good for them. Campers can usually kill me once or twice but most of the time I get them back. As for noobtubes, fortunately it rarely happens in MW3

nicedrewishfela

I love threads whining about whining.

They should just take out NoobTubes. I hate it so much and it really pisses me off. It's useless and pointless. Otherwise, the camper thing is ok. They have their own playstyle and thats to sit in a corner. Camping is a skill. But sereiously treayarch, TAKE OUT THE TUBEZ

JetEye

Wait... so camping isn't noobish, it's skill, but using a grenade launcher is noobish?  Grenade launchers are excellent for taking out campers.  They have their place, and they do take skill to use. Unless you're talking about hardcore.  Grenade launchers have no place in hardcore.

gallp13

Campers....just kill 'em........simple

Why not just make playlists for COD that have a ban on Toobs, and certain, how do I say this, "overpowered" perks/weapons/death streaks...? (As for the deathstreaks, get rid of them entirely)

I'm not crying about this stuff just saying, i think it would be cool to have dedicated playlists for people who cry about it...

ghamorra

To be honest most people don't die by campers. They die by someone who knows where the enemy is coming from and positions themselves accordingly. You can't call a person a camper because you watched 5 seconds of a Killcam

Excellent point, many good players watch certain routes or choke points and repeatedly kill a player running through their sights.

Treyarch should give XP Point Bonuses to players who continously run a high score per minute to discourage certain players who just sit in a corner or in a building minding a window.

Anyways, the best...even the good players always check their corners, routes, and buildings for those filthy campers.

If all else fails, then Sandy Ravage should be a Death Streak made specifically to hunt them down.

zvers

Exactly!!! It takes instinct to react quickly to the enemies movements with NO UAV. That's skill.

they're going to make the noobtube into a kill streak. Awesome news

I agree. I'm tired of people complaining about noobtubers, the tube is in the game for a reason, for people to use it. I personally use launchers to take down air support, but if my team is losing, of course I'm gonna go for a multikill with the rocket launcher!

iidarkshadowoo

Yes, way too much wine and not enough cheese to go around.

kemicalsupreme

You do aware that I come from a time when kill streaks were 3, 5, and 7 and noone camped.  Because all we had was UAV, Airstrike, Chopper.  Noone camped then because it was all about game play.  Now it is all about camping for kill streaks and not even winning objective game types.

You idiots make the game unplayable and unenjoyable to people who go solo and try to actually play objectives.  Furthermore, you camp and tube in objective game types to buff your K/D when you should be doing the camping and tubing in TDM or HCTDM/FFA.  Then you have the nerve to tell me that you are better than me because you picked me off a few times while trying to actually play the objective to win and you obtain a loss, but go 10 positive.  Are you that stupid? 

Advanced kill streaks would put camping tatics to rest.  Also removing your K/D all together would be nice.  Then it would be about winning and be more fun.  But this opinion is coming from someone who has been owning kids since COD2.

nicedrewishfela

Agreed. People have become so pre-occupied with stats they forgot its about having fun. I started falling into that trap when BlOps was out. I was getting so frustrated when I had a bad game, and having a good game wasn't enough either if I didn't get a siginificant amount of kills over deaths. I walked away from the game for a while, and when I came back, I just decided that I am going to have Fun playing. I am going to play hard, but try new things and allow myself to fail in order to learn to succeed. If I am not enjoying myself... I stop playing. Its that simple.

My stats in MW3 aren't that great. The game is pretty broken and have had plenty of games where I fall into the Spawn and Die instantly pattern. But I've been able to enjoy it, as broken as it is by trying different setups, different modes. I have broached the idea of Leaderboards being optional. I wouldn't mind having the Combat Record back for myself, I felt it helped me understand my strengths and weaknesses. But I don't feel the need for people to judge me or vice versa because of some insignificant numbers.  Seems to me they could allow players to opt in or out of the Leaderboards.  This way players who just want to have fun don't have to be a part of them, and it would be a boon for competitive players as they would get a better sense of where they stand amongst other competitive players.

All is fair in love and war is what I always say.

Also, is using a Masterkey considered newbish? I always get b****** at for using one. Sometimes they even call me a newb for using it...WTF? I think it takes skill to use one. I have around 5000 kills with it on Black Ops. It takes more skill to use than a damn Grenade Launcher that's for sure...

nicedrewishfela

On MW2 I may have agreed with them. It had the range of a freakin sniper rifle. I remember getting a kill on Fuel where I was all the way against the wall on the right side of the oil fields, the enemy was around that notorious rock. I picked them off with one shot from my Masterkey.

Since then its been nerfed to the point where its almost a joke. Those challenges are tough to get, and anyone who can use it effectively deserves a tip of the cap.

capp00

When I complain about camping, it's not 1 lone ass-wipe sitting in a corner. He might get me once or twice during a match, but I will return the favor.

no, when I and soooo many other people complain about camping, its when 5/6 people on a team are prone in a hiding spot, headglitching, using every stealth perk in the game to hide and not moving.

And even then, it's not that it's "Hard" to flush them out. Its the fact that it makes the game run so SLOW.  And that is goign with the assumption that everyone on my team is rushing/flanking, when in fact, there is a good chace that the 2-3 randoms my party invariably picks up, will be doing the same. So out of a room of 12 people, 9 of them are camping their balls off.

I cannot even count the number of times a 6v6 TDM has ended due to time running out with a score of like 5300-3100.

That is Boring. That is the complaint, not that they kill me, or I can't kill them. Its that they slow the pace of the game down to a point where it's no faster than playing Rainbow Six.