29 Replies Latest reply: Jun 30, 2012 2:14 AM by poison_pawn RSS

They just gave us a giant middle finger - DLC 2 coming in 1-2 weeks...

-CrazyMoFo-

Well it appears I was right, all of this sudden interest in giving support to the PC community was nothing but smoke and mirrors to try to get the gullible and foolish to buy DLC 2...

The proof? The fact that Candice tweeted that they're working on getting DLC 2 out to the PC community this week, if not next week....

So they do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that they said they would do for us (not even a fix of the unranked dedi's) yet they're quick to shove another DLC that we have to PAY THEM FOR!!! down our throats... So we can buy more DLC for a game that WE CAN'T EVEN ****ING PLAY!!!!  (I am 100% dead serious when I say that I CANNOT play MW3 AT ALL on P2P matchmaking.... AT ALL)

I told you Candice that if anything else was released or done to PC before it was fixed and actually made playable (by adding ranked dedi's or fixing unranked, both things you made it seem like we might see) that it would be nothing but a slap in the face and a giant middle finger to the PC community.

AND HERE IT IS!!  They have just backhanded us across the face, flipped us off, and they topped it off by flinging some feces at us!!

By releasing DLC 2 without first fixing the problems that PLAGUE the PC version of MW3 (all problems caused by their P2P matchmaking system) they have fired the final shot to kill MW3 and put it out of it's misery...

So since you ladies have PROVEN for a 100% FACT that you are just here to string us along and feed us lies like Bowling did, you have killed any credibility you had.

Don't bother LYING to us anymore... Stay on the Xbox forums (since that's clearly the only system you play on) and focus your attention there. You will NEVER force the PC only community over to your precious Xbox, all you are doing in your efforts is PISSING US OFF and alienating the few fans you had left...

I am on the verge of never purchasing another Activision title as long as I live...

• Re: They just gave us a giant middle finger - DLC 2 coming in 1-2 weeks...

The best way to fight the system is to boycott. I will not buy a DLC untill i see effort in stopping Hackers or Improved matchmaking Systems

Exactly. I still don't get why PC players buy this useless crap. It's simply not worth it and in my case the DLC would cost even more than I paid for the actual game. Not to mention that it splits the playerbase and makes it even harder to find matches under 125ms ping (seriously, that's just ridiculous to have to play with such a connection).

Sadly you won't see any effort, as nobody around here gives a **** about PC.

midago73

+1 No DLC No SH or Activision.   Black Ops 2, cofirmed ranked dedicated servers

I am happy to say I did not buy a single DLC for Call of Duty: Black Ops and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 I am also not going to buy Call of Duty: Black Ops II while they did confirm Ranked Dedicated Servers I will not buy it until we get 64+ player count and larger maps that can hold 32 and 64+ players and mod tools Source Development Kit (SDK) so people can make their own maps, skins, meshes, textures, and total conversion mods just like how Call of Duty, Call of Duty: United Offensive, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, and Call of Duty: World at War had just remember the good old days when maps and guns were added in patches/updates the only thing worth buying were Expansion Packs I will never pay $15 for 5 maps or $2 for a gun.

64 players? You obviously didn't think about CoD map design and more importantly about console hardware and IW engine's limitations. If you want 64 players that badly, buy a decent PC and play Battlefield.

If you read my comment carefuly you can see I said to make larger maps that can hold 32 and 64+ players also you do realize that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, and Call of Duty: Black Ops II run on the same engine as Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: World at War they are just tweaked a bit and also when I said to have 32 and 64+ players you can join a server that has a set amount in Ranked/Unranked Dedicated Servers and console hardware Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 may of been designed for consoles and ported to the PC they can easily take off those limitations just go into the source codes and change it up for PC but they are lazy to do that and they don't care about the PC community anymore and Call of Duty, Call of Duty: United Offensive, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, and Call of Duty: World at War all had 64 player count so yes I did think about map design and hardware.

http://fourdeltaone.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4453

Read the posts by Apadayo and NTAuthority.

Yeah, everything sounds so easy, changing some stuff in the source code, but such maps wouldn't be possible on today's consoles with RAM being the limiting factor and no CoD developer would code a fully different game exclusively for PC.

Edit: They could change the maximum-clients-parameter, but seeing as the game is a console-build, that would make no sense whatsoever, with map design optimized to 12 players.

Ok let me explain this in full detail yes Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 was designed for consoles and with console limitations in mind but when you port it to the PC you can easily go into the source codes and change it up a bit of course one or two people will have a hard time at the source codes when I say easily I don't mean it is easy but Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games worked on it they have the source codes they have the people who have the knowledge who have been doing C++ for over 10 years if you got the people already you can change those limitations to make it more suitable for the PC I don't know how many years NTAuthority and Apadayo has been doing C++ and making video games even if the game is a console build that was ported to the PC if you work hard at it and have the people who have the knowledge who know what they are doing you can make it more suitable I also however am studying C++ I have a book I got from college because I am learning it so I can make my own video games so I can become a Indie Game Developer hopefully and I asked my professor these questions as well and he has been doing stuff like this for over 15 years so please don't say it can't be done on the PC before you say anything let the experts and the people who are in this field and trying to become experts and dedicated to this stuff explain it to you and listen to them.

As far as I know, NTAuthority has been coding now for over 10 years (regardless of him being 18-19 years old).

Keep in mind, he does NOT have access to the source code and the modifications are mostly done by reverse engineering the client and the Steam API.

Did I say it can't be done? Obviously not.

I said it wouldn't make any sense, as the map design limits it anyway and it would be just more work, even if it'd be easy to do (at least for Infinity Ward).

Actually map size has little to do with it: Remember we're talking PC here, not console.

A large portion of custom maps are just stock maps opened up; (the game designers decide where they want to place the barriers, and can expand that, if they choose to) take an over head view of some of these stock maps and you will see what I mean.

And an even larger portion are just completely new; and some of those are monster maps; which are very popular with a large group of hard core players.

Again the issue is CHOICE: If they where smart (I can't believe I'm going to say this, as I am not an EA fan; none the less) they could take an example from BC ll, and "easily"  move the barriers to suit game modes, game type, and even player count. just like they did with the pre-match in BO.

There by giving PC gamers more choices.

By choice I mean things like:

player count

vehicles on/off

map size

weapons on/off

hit points more/less

spawn times from 0-15 sec

friendly fire on/off/ ricochet/reflected

ALL hud, Including word icons on/off

point per round

rounds per match etc...

all mix and matchable

In short we want a customizable game.

P.S. if not for the fact that I Personally don't care for the animation, and scale of BF; I would be playing it now. (I was impressed with the destructible environment of BCll)

And if Activision doesn't get it head out it's *** I will be/am taking a closer look at meddle of honor; come this fall.

Yeah, I know that map size on PC isn't that limited as on consoles (at least when you have a semi-decent PC), but I wanted to say that nobody at Infinity Ward would care to make larger maps just for PC players.

I'd also like to play another shooter like MoH, but unfortunately my laptop is too weak for that engine and I can't afford a new PC at the moment. :/

Meh, I'll go back to CoD 4 and MW2 dedis (they exist in case you didn't know and think I'm a noob.) if there's nothing else.

ArmsOfSorrow wrote:

I'd also like to play another shooter like MoH, but unfortunately my laptop is too weak for that engine and I can't afford a new PC at the moment. :/

Meh, I'll go back to CoD 4 and MW2 dedis (they exist in case you didn't know and think I'm a noob.) if there's nothing else.

Wow that statement, coupled with the new MS promotion; giving away Xboxes with purchases of "computers (laptops)just cause a light bulb to go off in my head (and no: I don't think you're a noob; and it's nothing personal)

But when you mention "laptop" in light of the fact that most young people now a days, own them, and use them for everything under the sun; coupled with MS calling a laptop a computer (which it is, for all purpose and intent).

I see now that they IW is thinking the same way; they don't care if their game runs on a "desk top PC" as we know then "towers" with all the latest greatest technologies.

They only care if it will run on a lap top.

To bad because some of us won't buy unnecessary equipment just to say we have it.

(not saying notebooks are unnecessary; just saying a lot of people who don't NEED them buy them, or badger their parents in to buying them, just for the sake of saying "they have them")

But there it is: And a lot of people are falling for it; but the truth of the matter is you only NEED ONE computer to do EVERYTHING. (I have three, but I only NEED one)

I don't need a dedicated computer; to listen to music, record music, or videos, watch movies, play games, communicate, do school, or office work, keep records, or research.

And if you're on the road, or in school WORKING, play solitaire, or something on you breaks.

Games are ment to be played in you FREE time anyway; not while you're at work, or in school.

It's primarily an Xbox title for the obvious fact that it's where a vast portion of their undeserved $1billion+ sales came from. The PC segment is absolutlely tiny, it's so small I'm surprised they even bother. If I was a PC player I would certainly stick to PC orientated games, that way I know the product will be well supported. Unfortunately the PC will likely never get any decent support as there is no real financial gain for Activision to do so.

Perhaps you may feel better in knowing that IWs efforts have been shockingly pathetic on the PS3 and Xbox as well, and these platforms are thier prime money makers! Christ!

PS: I also haven't bought any DLC for MW3 on my xbox as its a major step backwards from the prior release. Tis always the best way to make your point.

guys: this is a PC conversation.

and while I see that consoles have cornered the market; this game was created on, and originally made for the computer.

So while in the PC section I would keep the consoles out of it.

Personally I think 64 man servers are over the top; but that does not mean I think they should be limited in any way. (If i want 4,8,16, 18,24, 32, 64, or 100, it should be my choice)

The conversation comes back around to CHOICE! The "console hardware and IW engine's limitations" you speak of have no baring on this conversation.

PC's  don't NEED smaller maps, less player, P2P networking, shared controls, static , or random map rotation (that should be the admins choice), limited game types, static spawn time, points per round, rounds per match, world icons etc.. (again that should be the admins choice)

and don't give me the "it's our game; you'll play it the way we want you to" BS I don't care how anyone tries to change the copy rights laws; when WE BUY it; it's OUR game.

So this goes out to Ativision: if you want to continue selling your game to the PC only community you should step back a bit; and allow us to run our own server, the way we want to.

Poison_pawn POC (pc only community)

I'm for choice... but my friends don't like Ground War generally because it lags their computers, and that of course is just 18 players max. I doubt many people would play more, but the choice would be nice, especially on the dedi servers with participants that can handle it. However, can you imagine them giving the PC community something that the consolers couldn't do? ...when they are clearly trying to drive us all to POS consoles?

cheaterssuk wrote:

I'm for choice... but my friends don't like Ground War generally because it lags their computers, and that of course is just 18 players max. I doubt many people would play more, but the choice would be nice, especially on the dedi servers with participants that can handle it. However, can you imagine them giving the PC community something that the consolers couldn't do? ...when they are clearly trying to drive us all to POS consoles?

None of this would matter if they ABOLISHED IWnet on the PC; and stopped comparing consoles, and computers.

I'm sure some day (in the near future) the entire Internet will be completely compartmentalized: (what I mean by that is there will be a separate "box" if you will (dedicated firmware based computer) for every function (communication, entertainment, gaming, office etc...) Why? just because we can.

But in the mean time, they need to STOP charging us to beta test this crap unaware.

If they want to test out these new technologies, they should have the common decency, and integrity, to come up front and ASK people if they want to participate in these EXPERIMENTS.

I'm happy for the Consoler, that they have a way to network (personally I dont believe it's feasible to achieve much more then a local network; but more power to them any way)

but in the mean time: Leave what works for PC's in place; RANKED DEDICATED SERVERS.

And don't be so ****** sinister as to try and sabotage them. This is what has the POC (pc only community) up in arms; and nothing else.

{bhc}max|co

i didnt waste any more money by buying dlc1 and certainly wont buy dlc2, not unless there are ranked dedi servers, but methinks iots already too late to save mw3 from scrapheap, i gave up playing well over a month ago.

CrapDuster

Lets face it, cod games for PC are only good for the single player campaign, after that's over enjoy the multiplayer that comes with it & that's that. PC is full of cheaters so pretending that there aren't that many cheaters & wasting your cash on multiplayer map packs makes no sense unless you cheat. Map packs are for consoles, if you buy map packs for PC 1st person shooters like cod your a foool! PC is 90% cheats.

I'll repeat---Enjoy the single player, because to play pc online you either need a decade of skill or you can simply do as the majority does & dl a (cheat)/(aimbot)/(spin to nearest threat)/(thru walls)/(looks realistic)/(fools most players)....PC fps games are full of em.

Hello,

I have to say I don't know what you mean about the DLC not comming out for anouther 1 - 2 weeks? I have bought it and I am downloading it now as I speak. No joke. Here is more proof: http://www.itechpost.com/articles/2916/20120621/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3-co llection-dlc-arriving-pc-steam-activision.htm (I know it says Tomorrow, but still, it isn't 1 - 2 weeks)

And not even 10 mins ago I saw it on the Store on Steam and Bought it!

One thing I am annoyed about it that they are rewarding bad players.... I don't mean the Death streaks and stuff, I mean when there are hackers they don't play for long, they get bored cuz winning all the time is no fun. The dedicated non hacking players would be almost willing to pay for ELiTE because the hackers wont waist their money. Also I don't think it is fair for us to get left behind...

~Roisty09 [At0min]

-CrazyMoFo-

*sigh*

Stupidity like this just makes me shake my head and wonder how people can be so dumb...

You clearly belong on a console.

PC gamers do not want Elite AT ALL!!! We had ALL of the features it offers BEFORE Activision ever thought it up.

Furthermore any true PC gamer isn't wasting a penny on MW3 DLC or Elite until they give us fully functional RANKED dedicated servers in order to make the game playable again. (because as of right now MW3 is completely 100% unplayable for the majority)

In all honesty, it's people like you who are one of the reasons why gaming is growing stagnant. You see them offer Elite and start foaming at the mouth all ready to open up your wallet, completely oblivious to the FACT that they've had to STEAL every feature we've ever had in order to SELL them back to us!!!

-CrazyMoFo- wrote:

*sigh*

Stupidity like this just makes me shake my head and wonder how people can be so dumb...

You clearly belong on a console.

PC gamers do not want Elite AT ALL!!! We had ALL of the features it offers BEFORE Activision ever thought it up.

Furthermore any true PC gamer isn't wasting a penny on MW3 DLC or Elite until they give us fully functional RANKED dedicated servers in order to make the game playable again. (because as of right now MW3 is completely 100% unplayable for the majority)

In all honesty, it's people like you who are one of the reasons why gaming is growing stagnant. You see them offer Elite and start foaming at the mouth all ready to open up your wallet, completely oblivious to the FACT that they've had to STEAL every feature we've ever had in order to SELL them back to us!!!

so true: Elite, and IW match making where created for the consoles; to give them what we already have: multi-play, Clans, organized competitions (which isn't working out to well for them it seems) stat tracking etc... WE DON"T NEED ANY OF THAT CR@P.

Everything in Elite already exist on the interment, we have been ccreating clans, communities, competitions, web sites, and social networking etc... long before anyone ever thought of elite.

Stop all the console envy: Believe me YOU DO NOT WANT A CONSOLE PORT ON THE PC; that is a complete step backwards.

Ask your self one simple question: Are game created on a console, or a computer?