12 Replies Latest reply: Jun 18, 2012 9:24 AM by Noob_Lyncher RSS

Sit Rep Pro BOOSTING

Are they AWARE people are boosting to get Sit Rep Pro?, I play hardcore and i just find people on the SAME team boosting, rather its a guest account or another player. As soon they destroy the equipment they commit suicide  and do it again. Cause if you destroy teamate equipmate it DOES count forward.

• Re: Sit Rep Pro BOOSTING
    Noob_Lyncher

This has been going on ever since they patched the trophy system glitch.

MaxKirgan

I hope they are aware of it. It's getting pretty bad. Not as bad as before ricochet and you got tk'd for a laundry list of reasons bad, but almost as bad. It's getting to a point where it's almost ruining hardcore. You can't call people out on it either, If you do they will use the feedback system to prefer you and then just follow you from game to game.

starbuckfrack

Does it matter HOW they go about boosting. No.

They still will find ANOTHER way to boost because they are low lifes. Report them and move on.

MaxKirgan

So dont TELL them. even the MS CoC says dont act on it. Just report them. You dont need to reply "HaHa I am going to get you reset. would you do that in school to the local bully ?

MaxKirgan

Um actually no it went nothing like that. We just asked the guy to stop destroying our stuff. He kept talking all sorts of trash into the mic until we all muted him. We kept backing out trying to find a new lobby but he kept following us. We all avoided him but he kept finding us. We looked him up on Elite and at that point his past 5 days of game play were nothing but 0/0 ties. I'm assuming he was doing nothing but trolling people, jumping from lobby to lobby trying to find the people he was trying to troll.

starbuckfrack

MaxKirgan wrote:

Um actually no it went nothing like that. We just asked the guy to stop destroying our stuff. He kept talking all sorts of trash into the mic until we all muted him. We kept backing out trying to find a new lobby but he kept following us. We all avoided him but he kept finding us. We looked him up on Elite and at that point his past 5 days of game play were nothing but 0/0 ties. I'm assuming he was doing nothing but trolling people, jumping from lobby to lobby trying to find the people he was trying to troll.

Like I said. Report him and move on. As well as you didnt have to contact him BEFORE either.

Xbox Live is an anonymous service that Microsoft supplies for you. You didnt have to make yourself known. If you report him without saying ANYTHING then he will NEVER know who you were and he would never had followed you.

Microsoft will never tell him "JimmyJoeBob reported you for being a jerk" but you had to jump in and spout off instead of just reporting and ignoring him.

MaxKirgan

Are we really going to do this again Starbuck? You weren't there so stop making assumptions or acting like you were. I also don't understand why you are trying to act like a member of the XBL enforcement team or a forum moderator. This started off innocently enough with us asking him to stop. You right away jump to us telling him he was going to get banned or reset. Again. You weren't there. Stop jumping to conclusions. We asked him to stop, he started talking trash and we muted him. That was it. We realized very quickly we weren't going to be able to reason with him. We thought it was over after we left the lobby. He proceeded to follow us around for another 2 hours.

It was on of the rare times we weren't in party chat. I only came in here to relate this as a cautionary tale. However, given this guys' (at the time of the incident) recent game history, it wouldn't have mattered if. If he had his heart set on trolling people, that's what he was going to do.

starbuckfrack

MaxKirgan wrote:

Are we really going to do this again Starbuck? You weren't there so stop making assumptions or acting like you were. I also don't understand why you are trying to act like a member of the XBL enforcement team or a forum moderator. This started off innocently enough with us asking him to stop. You right away jump to us telling him he was going to get banned or reset. Again. You weren't there. Stop jumping to conclusions. We asked him to stop, he started talking trash and we muted him. That was it. We realized very quickly we weren't going to be able to reason with him. We thought it was over after we left the lobby. He proceeded to follow us around for another 2 hours.

Who is making asumptions ? You admitted you had contact with him TWICE. Even if it was polite conversation. Even something as simple as "Dude could you not destroy our equipment ?" is still CONTACT.

Heres your quote the FIRST time "We just asked the guy to stop destroying our stuff."

The guy is being a jerk but you could have just totally avoided him.

As for "acting like a MS PET" how do you even know what I do  ? There are MANY options that I could be to know the Policies and procedures. I could actually BE a PET member, or an Ambassador, or a person who interns at Microsoft. I could be one of the people at 1-800-4-myXbox. I could even be a person who actually READ the Policy. And theres about 50 other jobs I could have.

Here lets make it easy for you

"If you encounter an obnoxious player:

Take a break or mute the player. If you act out it could be considered harassment.

Give negative feedback on the player. Select the player’s profile and choose the Feedback option.

File a complaint, especially if the player is violating the Code of Conduct.

Have fun!"

IW PLEASE FIX IT!!!

bmfk

People boost because it is such a tedious task. If players were rewarded for destroying everything that was highlighted red when you wear Sit Rep then it wouldn't take as long i.e. turrets and sentry guns. This should be changed or else lower the number of devices needed to destroy to 25 or 30.

In comparison I can get assassin pro in about 3 games where it will take me nearly 25 games or more to get Sit Rep Pro.

Noob_Lyncher

Exactly. I don't even use Sitrep or care that much to get it pro, but it is a grind to do it. Would I boost for it? Nope. The only thing i'd go to that length for is the Robot Unicorn emblem that you get with 100 Final Stand kills, since I hardly ever go down, and it's the best emblem in the game so far. But do people really need Sitrep Pro that much so they can offset their suckage by soundwhoring?

When I play HC its with 5 guys minimum most of the time and always wondered why if random's were in our team they destroyed our stuff, quite shocking that.