13 Replies Latest reply: Jun 18, 2012 11:39 PM by infinitlag RSS

Quick question...

*trent3*

How would you feel about COD going back to 3-5-7 killstreaks again? I for one wouldn't mind. Simplicity to me is great. When you start adding so many things to a game it gets difficult to make counters to everything. Then it gets even harder to make counters to those counters. Don't get me wrong, I love all the different killstreaks we have now. But I wouldn't mind if they were reverted back to 3-5-7.

What do you all think?

• Re: Quick question...
    codcanuck

It would be nice if there was a gamemode just for the traditional 3-5-7 killstreaks. We have Barebones right now, so why not that? It could be called CoD Classic or something.

porkins:d

That will never happen.. A bunch of people will complain about it since it is taking a step back from a system that has already been established into Call of Duty.

jet04

Ummm Porkins, have you not played MW3? Thats a pretty HUGE step back...

My phone can probably run MW3......that's how simple the game actually is.

heck, the wii can run it!

porkins:d

I was actually going to make that point, but I didn't want to look like I was ranting, glad you brought it up though. Yes, MW3 is a step back from Black Ops in many ways. MW3 doesn't have flag caps or other objective stats on the in-game score board. Also, there is no player card in MW3. Those are two huge steps back, and those are also two points I hear when people explain why they hate MW3 so much. CoD players don't like the developers taking a step back, MW3 was a step back therefore CoD players don't like MW3. Most people that like MW3 are those who like the modern feel myself being one of them, but I don't like how they took a step back, and everyone doesn't like when the game takes a step back. Another step back MW3 took was connection (hosting, match making, and lag compensation.) Again, those are things players don't like.

And that is why CoD players don't like it when the next game takes a step back. I tried to avoid the rant, but it happened. :l

sovietcookie

No i hated the 3-5-7 killstreaks. Too easy to get, really easy to chain the 5-7 killstreak, and the 7 killstreak is always something that gets you like 7 more kills. It is simple yes, but too simple. Also in the oldish CoD's they didnt have anything to really counter them. W@W you needed the flame thrower to kill the dogs easily and it wasn't unlocked till level 65, the last level before prestiging. In MWR the attack helicopter was impossible to take down without a RPG, and even then the RPG has horrible accuracy. And then the RPG was a perk not a weapon choice, so you would have to give up a perk to have the RPG. It was just too unfair.

I personally think its a great idea Trent. Keeping it basic and easy. I like the times in W@W it was fair and everyone got a chance.

Mabey a new game mode called "old school" with 3-5-7 killstreaks you spawn with a pistol an pick up weapons like goldeneye but with a MW3 feel.

otherwise NO i like the options because if you are not a heavy killcount person you only get the 3. But now you can set the support class or 3-4-5 and use hardline but just UAV-Airstrike-helicopter is kind of not for everyone.and that would be a step back

Mabey a new game mode called "old school" with 3-5-7 killstreaks you spawn with a pistol an pick up weapons like goldeneye but with a MW3 feel.

otherwise NO i like the options because if you are not a heavy killcount person you only get the 3. But now you can set the support class or 3-4-5 and use hardline but just UAV-Airstrike-helicopter is kind of not for everyone.and that would be a step back. in W@W&MWR you really didn't stand a chance againts the killstreaks but you you can defend your self

*trent3*

In my opinion it shouldn't be easy to take down air support. If a person gets 7 kills in a row then they deserve the reward without a huge risk of it getting taken down.

And lol, there was a game mode on mwr called old school where you went around and picked up guns. It was an FFA. No killstreaks could be used though.

PikaBoo

I was just about to post Old school FFA

And taking down a chopper in Reflex was easy, run a shotgun to decrease chances of being attacked by chopper (the way the system ran was that it would attack the biggest threats not kill everyone on sight. This means you had a better chance of escaping the chopper with a shotgun as opposed to an LMG or AR) and wait until it's hovering and take it out then it only takes three bullets from any gun, even a pistol to bring it down.

infinitlag

Yes. If you got it you earnt it and the other team would PAY.