1 8 9 10 11 12 Previous Next 117 Replies Latest reply: Jun 26, 2012 5:09 AM by FreeKoala Go to original post RSS
  • 100. Re: Activision keeps scamming all Elite customers even in June.. No real maps in content drop

I think you people need to chill out. We are geting our maps one way or another. It may not be what you like, but it's something. There is not strict contract saying that they have to release certain types of maps, or even for what game mode. They choose what they what to release when they want to. Stop complaining. You people are like women, ***** ***** *****. (No offence) We've got something. IF you dont like it, get out. Simple enough. It's business.

• 101. Re: Activision keeps scamming all Elite customers even in June.. No real maps in content drop
    trialstardragon

You do realize that the content calendar on the site is not law, they can change the content that they give at any time for any reason and not update the calendar right away every time. So to try and use the calendar as any proof of anything is just a failure on your part. The could give out only 2 one month if they wanted and then give out 5-6 the next month. The calendar is nothing more then a reference guide and not the only way the dlc can be released. To even think this if that is what you are doing is just plain stupid and shows you do not understand how dlc can be done in the game at all.

• 102. Re: Activision keeps scamming all Elite customers even in June.. No real maps in content drop

Isn't it nice when even the developers have no clue what they are doing so promising!

• 103. Re: Activision keeps scamming all Elite customers even in June.. No real maps in content drop
    MaxKirgan

I said this in another thread about the drops but I might as well say it here as it seems to be the unofficial official thread discussing the new drops. I know Mark Rubin says they are now done with Face-off maps. I don't believe him for one second. After everything that has happened in the last 8 months(the game released in the state it's in, myriad of problems with Elite, etc) I take nothing they say at face value. I wouldn't be surprised if Rubin is back before the content season is over with more Face-Off maps, telling us it's exactly what we want, when it isn't at all. By the way, why are we hearing this from Rubin? Where's our new community manager?

• 104. Re: Activision keeps scamming all Elite customers even in June.. No real maps in content drop

Not only did Elite customers really get shafted these map packs don't even work? I downloaded the pack today to find out it wiped my spec ops data clean, I can't play spec ops on any maps outside of what came with the game out of the box, and the 3 new FO maps won't be available on MP/FO playlists because they are having playability issues and will be available with the next patch - I spoke to an Activision suipport person about this for an hour this morning (SOURCE).

And sure, Elite is giving some of what it promised but that's just it. SOME. The Clan Ops only work if you are Elite and Premium anyways which limits the amount of people that can participate and they are always the same rotation. Not only that, releasing content for XBOX 360 Elite Premium, XBOX 360, PS3 Elite Premium, PS3, WII Elite Premium, WII, PC Elite Premium, and PC at seperate times is turning out to be too complicated for InfinityWard. It would be less work and strugle that the developers can spend on other things, such as not releasing another $60 map pack for MW2 when their next title comes out. It would be much easier to prerelease all DLC for xbox, and then once for all other platforms.

Also, if I am an Elite Premium member, paying MORE money that a non Premium or non elite customer, shouldn't I get some bang for more of my buck? Even with the prelease of DLC, I cannot play regular TDM or any single game mode anyways. They are all in obscure oddly parsed multi-game-mode playlists for elite only and not too much fun. The maps come out early for us but are essentially useless until available to the geenral public on whatever console you use.

All I know is, black Ops 2 seems fun, but overall I have had a pleasant experience with TreyArch. If InfinityWard releases another game I probably will not buy it unless I play it first, it's really good and not just another InfinityWard knock off of InfinityWard's previous game, and I definitely won't be renewing my Elite Premium subscription at the end of it's run long, stressful, and quite useless run.

• 105. Re: Activision keeps scamming all Elite customers even in June.. No real maps in content drop

You  have to see it like this :

If Mw3 was the perfect game who would buy Blops2 ? They make mw3 bad on purpose

• 106. Re: Activision keeps scamming all Elite customers even in June.. No real maps in content drop

Why make Elite customers happy? Them raging in every forum on the internet brings in more customers cos non-Elite Subsribers are curious what it is and check it out. Bad marketing is better than no marketing. And this is even free.

The world isnt fair and Activision uses some of the most tricky tactics.

• 107. Re: Activision keeps scamming all Elite customers even in June.. No real maps in content drop

MR2000Percent wrote:

Some PR Guy from a Gamestudio on e3 told me Treyarch and Infinity Ward work on every yearly COD together anyways. I dunno why so many people in the community think its different games.

• 108. Re: Activision keeps scamming all Elite customers even in June.. No real maps in content drop

invezted wrote:

MR2000Percent wrote:

Some PR Guy from a Gamestudio on e3 told me Treyarch and Infinity Ward work on every yearly COD together anyways. I dunno why so many people in the community think its different games.

Its very clever marketing just like with coca cola. But their sugared water just tastes so good!! Lol

If people knew whats really inside coca cola and that they use the cheapest water available to make it, nobody would buy it anymore.

They use kinda the same tactics with COD/Elite.

• 109. Re: Activision keeps scamming all Elite customers even in June.. No real maps in content drop

soultaker696 wrote:

the face off maps are lame. you can't always get we want. i think you people need a chill pill and grow up lol. because evidently were all alittle sore lol. and we all tired of everything lol.

If you always accept everything you will never get anywhere in life. We must stand up and fight for our rights small and big ones so we never fade away!